Starting Creamy Soup Phase

Hey 'yall I was wondering, my husband went and bought me some soup and I was noticing it says add water or milk. Can we add milk? I was thinking Milk might be important in the cheddar cheese soup. (I would hate to eat watery cheese soup) LOL

Thanks for letting me know! I am down 6 lbs since my surgery last Friday 10/10. Which, I expect it to maybe go up a little when I start on soups. But, I feel great! Just ready for something a little different! :)

Guest CaraMBA09
Hey 'yall I was wondering, my husband went and bought me some soup and I was noticing it says add water or milk. Can we add milk? I was thinking Milk might be important in the cheddar cheese soup. (I would hate to eat watery cheese soup) LOL

Thanks for letting me know! I am down 6 lbs since my surgery last Friday 10/10. Which, I expect it to maybe go up a little when I start on soups. But, I feel great! Just ready for something a little different! :)

MY time flies!

I put soy milk in mine - but I have a milk allergy...water makes it BLAH

Creamy soups, what a treat. :good3: Don't forget the rule is, you must be able to drink it with a staw But you CANNOT drink it that way you must drink it from a cup or a bowl. I mention this because with the help of a blender you can make just about anything go through a straw. Any store bought or home made soup can be put in a blender. I have done this with chili, chunky clam chowed, Bean and ham soup and pea and ham soup. The rule is " IF YOU CAN'T DRINK IT , DON'T EAT IT." Don't be afraid to get creative. You deserve some flavor now. :-? :-?

Creamy soups, what a treat. :good3: Don't forget the rule is, you must be able to drink it with a staw But you CANNOT drink it that way you must drink it from a cup or a bowl. I mention this because with the help of a blender you can make just about anything go through a straw. Any store bought or home made soup can be put in a blender. I have done this with chili, chunky clam chowed, Bean and ham soup and pea and ham soup. The rule is " IF YOU CAN'T DRINK IT , DON'T EAT IT." Don't be afraid to get creative. You deserve some flavor now. :-? :-?

Wow, I didn't think about this! I guess you can get creative!

Yep, I did the skim milk or the 2% milk too B)

Oh yes! All I ever have in my house is skim milk. The ones that say milk or water, I am going to use water. But, there are some that say add milk. I will add the skim to those.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate your input!

I suggest using a coffee mug for your soup. It stays hot, you don't eat as much, and it's kinda cozy.

You can also visually see how much you should be eating at a time. Sometimes I refilled it, but usually just ate 1 cup as that was enough.

Enjoy!! And yes, you might plateau since there is a lot of sodium in the creamy soups.

Keep up the good work!! =D>

Tara

I suggest using a coffee mug for your soup. It stays hot, you don't eat as much, and it's kinda cozy.

You can also visually see how much you should be eating at a time. Sometimes I refilled it, but usually just ate 1 cup as that was enough.

Enjoy!! And yes, you might plateau since there is a lot of sodium in the creamy soups.

Keep up the good work!! =D>

Tara

I am using my Starbucks Mug for my soup! :) Actually, I am still going to do broth too. I don't want to pig out on the creamy stuff. LOL