Jazzy's "Soup"er Time!

YEA! I was soooo jazz, literally!, to start on the creamy soups stage! I was sooo excited, I couldn't think straight. But I wanted to start slowly and not go hog wild. So, as I thought a real quick, simple meal would be tomato soup, right. How could anything go wrong? Here's the story...

After coming home from work yesterday, I made a beelined to the kitchen and told everyone to stay away. Hubby is normally the cook and makes our meals but this time, I wanted to do my own 'dinner' this time. I reached into our pantry and got out the Campbell's Tomato Soup and opened it and just the aroma got my juices flow and started to drool! My plans was to 'dock' this soup up a bit with a little herb and spices and viola!, a gourmet tomato soup meal! Ah...yes!

I poured the tomato soup into the pan with the water, but I also added a little extra because I didn't want it too thick as I've just gotten off the clear liquids stage. I added garlic flakes, celery flakes, used my mortar and smashed a few rosemary and basil together, and finally a few drops of tobasco sauce, for a 'kick'. The aroma again just put me into a bliss!

Gave the pot a few stirs and turned the heat on and then I started to get into my comfy clothes. As I am walking towards the bedroom, I mentioned to my hubby and daughter to NOT go into the kitchen and 'mess' with my dinner. "OK" they chimed. As I was happily changing, I had this huge smile on my face thinking it's NOT broth and how I am going to enjoy this heavenly SOUP in my brand new fancy white porcelain cup I got specifically for my new beginnings of post op. Then I've decided to give my face it's ritual cleansing and put up my hair and then have dinner!

As I ventured towards the kitchen, the first thing that caught my attention was the starting of that 'burnt' smell from my soup and secondly the growing 'looks' from hubby and daughter's faces of "Uh-oh!". I rushed into the kitchen, to the stove, with them following behind me and found that I had turned the heat on HIGH, instead of medium low, and yes, you guessed it, it had bubbled to the top and was starting to overflow over the pot. AAARRGGHH!!! Very discreetly, hubby and daughter snuck out of the kitchen...

So, to end this, what should have been a heavenly bliss saga, I just opened another can of tomato soup, add the water in a bowl and put it in the microwave and zapped it...to find it was too hot to drink! Fuming, I just poured out my "1/2 cup worth" into my cup and added a couple of ice cubes in and stormed into the livingroom and sat in silence, sipping the soup, watching what hubby was watching... a video tape of "Grumpier Old Men" and a little later showed Walter Mattheau burnt his food in the oven. Well, that started my hubby laughing so hard...which, of course, I saw the humor of it.

Sigh, tonight I am having Cathy's Creamy Potato and Cheddar Cheese soup. Now, I am going to stay in the kitchen and watch the darn thing! See ya around!

Bon Appetite!

Jude =)

YEA! I was soooo jazz, literally!, to start on the creamy soups stage! I was sooo excited, I couldn't think straight. But I wanted to start slowly and not go hog wild. So, as I thought a real quick, simple meal would be tomato soup, right. How could anything go wrong? Here's the story...

After coming home from work yesterday, I made a beelined to the kitchen and told everyone to stay away. Hubby is normally the cook and makes our meals but this time, I wanted to do my own 'dinner' this time. I reached into our pantry and got out the Campbell's Tomato Soup and opened it and just the aroma got my juices flow and started to drool! My plans was to 'dock' this soup up a bit with a little herb and spices and viola!, a gourmet tomato soup meal! Ah...yes!

I poured the tomato soup into the pan with the water, but I also added a little extra because I didn't want it too thick as I've just gotten off the clear liquids stage. I added garlic flakes, celery flakes, used my mortar and smashed a few rosemary and basil together, and finally a few drops of tobasco sauce, for a 'kick'. The aroma again just put me into a bliss!

Gave the pot a few stirs and turned the heat on and then I started to get into my comfy clothes. As I am walking towards the bedroom, I mentioned to my hubby and daughter to NOT go into the kitchen and 'mess' with my dinner. "OK" they chimed. As I was happily changing, I had this huge smile on my face thinking it's NOT broth and how I am going to enjoy this heavenly SOUP in my brand new fancy white porcelain cup I got specifically for my new beginnings of post op. Then I've decided to give my face it's ritual cleansing and put up my hair and then have dinner!

As I ventured towards the kitchen, the first thing that caught my attention was the starting of that 'burnt' smell from my soup and secondly the growing 'looks' from hubby and daughter's faces of "Uh-oh!". I rushed into the kitchen, to the stove, with them following behind me and found that I had turned the heat on HIGH, instead of medium low, and yes, you guessed it, it had bubbled to the top and was starting to overflow over the pot. AAARRGGHH!!! Very discreetly, hubby and daughter snuck out of the kitchen...

So, to end this, what should have been a heavenly bliss saga, I just opened another can of tomato soup, add the water in a bowl and put it in the microwave and zapped it...to find it was too hot to drink! Fuming, I just poured out my "1/2 cup worth" into my cup and added a couple of ice cubes in and stormed into the livingroom and sat in silence, sipping the soup, watching what hubby was watching... a video tape of "Grumpier Old Men" and a little later showed Walter Mattheau burnt his food in the oven. Well, that started my hubby laughing so hard...which, of course, I saw the humor of it.

Sigh, tonight I am having Cathy's Creamy Potato and Cheddar Cheese soup. Now, I am going to stay in the kitchen and watch the darn thing! See ya around!

Bon Appetite!

Jude =)

Oh Lord, how unfair was that? Good thing there's many nights of soups to follow! Good thing you guys have a sense of humour!

Jann

Your description of finally enjoying your cup of soup is almost orgasmic!! LOL!!

I am so happy you made to creamy soups and are enjoy them immensely....I had my Cheddar/Potato soup for dinner after my third fill...oh and it was so yummy. I would have it more often but it doesn't keep me full anymore.

Enjoy Jazzy!!!!

Trust me I was soooo looking forward for soup! I really wanted it to be a good experience first time. HA!

OK...now, I had read up and still cannot find what is my portion control for soups? How much can I have at each sittings? I keep thinking it's suppose to be between 1/3 and 1/2 cup...is this right?