traveling with a new band???

Hey everyone.. well after months and months of thinking and working it out in my head, I'm scheduled for surgery on October 27th. I'm ready! I do have a question for anyone who knows... Right around the the time when I am going to be due for my first fill, our family will be traveling to Indonesia. Exciting yes, but has me a bit worried about not getting back to the OCC for another 3 or 4 weeks after I should go. Do you think this will cause any issues?

Hey everyone.. well after months and months of thinking and working it out in my head, I'm scheduled for surgery on October 27th. I'm ready! I do have a question for anyone who knows... Right around the the time when I am going to be due for my first fill, our family will be traveling to Indonesia. Exciting yes, but has me a bit worried about not getting back to the OCC for another 3 or 4 weeks after I should go. Do you think this will cause any issues?

Congratulations on making this wonderful decision. Wow Indonesia...that sounds amazing. Missions work?

I only know from what I experienced but you should be fine. the only thing you may notice with alot of air time is that your band tightens up, meaning you will full and not be able to take as much in, not a bad side effect however just be careful. Will you be off the liquid diet when you go? I hope so as towards the end of liquids I found I was low on energy and when I started "real" food had to eat really healthy options with lost of protein. Make sure you have great liquid vitamins and take them.. Also even double up on the recommended dose to up you immunity. I have some great liquid vitamins. I am not sure if you can buy them online or not. They are called Max Ultra 100, Advanced Mega-multi liquid nutrition. They come in a 32 oz. bottle. The cherry berry flavor is not bad at all. I got them at a sports nutrition store called "Max Muscle". Google them and see what you come up with if you don't have this store in your area. They really are hands down the ONLY liquid vitamin I have found that is easy to take with the taste not being nasty.

Best of luck in the upcoming weeks to you. Keep us posted.

Thank you for all the replies! Makes me feel alot better. I plan on taking a thing of protein powder to mix, since I'm really not sue what kind of food we will be eating over there. Really not a place, being that far away from home, when I want to experiment with new foods with a new band! Thanks for the info on the band tighenting up a bit with being in the air that long... (yes its a very long flight) probably be even longer feeling with 4 kids in tow!! We will be leaving Dec 17th and will be gone for 2 and a half weeks to Bali Indonesia. Its a very very generous Christmas gift from my finace's mom. Our first international trip... needless to say we are very excited! I will be about 7 weeks post op when go...

Thank you for all the replies! Makes me feel alot better. I plan on taking a thing of protein powder to mix, since I'm really not sue what kind of food we will be eating over there. Really not a place, being that far away from home, when I want to experiment with new foods with a new band! Thanks for the info on the band tighenting up a bit with being in the air that long... (yes its a very long flight) probably be even longer feeling with 4 kids in tow!! We will be leaving Dec 17th and will be gone for 2 and a half weeks to Bali Indonesia. Its a very very generous Christmas gift from my finace's mom. Our first international trip... needless to say we are very excited! I will be about 7 weeks post op when go...

Congrats on your surgery! It is wonderful you are finally able to do it! I am just 8 days post op and doing great! You will enjoy your time at the OCC, everyone is wonderful! Take care of yourself and have a great trip!

Guest CaraMBA09

keep us posted Jaime!

I head to China (south china sea) on January 2nd and have been a bit worried about my band and what "could" happen. I have been told to stay away from many of the street vendors (they cook mostly noodles and dog) and eat mostly at sit down restaurants where it is considered more gourmet (on a budget). Good luck!