Pregnancy after Lap Band Surgery

MissManagement

I am having the Lap Band in January of 2009, and was wondering how long should I wait to consider getting pregnant afterwards? Should I get the Band deflated when I do get pregnant? Any special considerations? Thanks so much for your attention to my questions:)

I have read to wait 18 months. But, I know some have not waited that long. Yes, when you become pregnant you will get a complete un-fill. I have checked it out because I still want to have a baby too! :) Good luck, I was just banded on the 10th! It is going great so far!

I have read to wait 18 months. But, I know some have not waited that long. Yes, when you become pregnant you will get a complete un-fill. I have checked it out because I still want to have a baby too! :) Good luck, I was just banded on the 10th! It is going great so far!

That's so awesome Dana! Thanks for the info, and good luck to you as well!!

That's so awesome Dana! Thanks for the info, and good luck to you as well!!

Just so you know, 2 of my friends got pregnant within 3 months after their surgery. They both had miscarriages right away. This is another reason why they want you to wait awhile, I guess if you get pregnant too soon there are risks to miscarry. When you lose weight it seems it is easier to become pregnant. So, have your man strap it up! haha Or, stay on birth control for awhile. :D

Just so you know, 2 of my friends got pregnant within 3 months after their surgery. They both had miscarriages right away. This is another reason why they want you to wait awhile, I guess if you get pregnant too soon there are risks to miscarry. When you lose weight it seems it is easier to become pregnant. So, have your man strap it up! haha Or, stay on birth control for awhile. :D

Wow that would be so awful! I have been blessed with two beautiful boys, and haven't had any other problems like miscarriages, or pregnancy issues. I certainly don't want to start now! I plan to be banded in January, and was thinking about beginning to try next October. I wouldn't even think of doing anything prior to that. I have heard that it's important that your weight loss be plateau'd for at least two months before getting pregnant. I guess I will have to play it by ear, and talk to Dr. Ortiz and my OB before even thinking about it. It's better to be safe than sorry! Thanks so much for your response, and I would love to keep up with your progress! Good luck, and hopefully will talk to you soon:)

Wow that would be so awful! I have been blessed with two beautiful boys, and haven't had any other problems like miscarriages, or pregnancy issues. I certainly don't want to start now! I plan to be banded in January, and was thinking about beginning to try next October. I wouldn't even think of doing anything prior to that. I have heard that it's important that your weight loss be plateau'd for at least two months before getting pregnant. I guess I will have to play it by ear, and talk to Dr. Ortiz and my OB before even thinking about it. It's better to be safe than sorry! Thanks so much for your response, and I would love to keep up with your progress! Good luck, and hopefully will talk to you soon:)

I'm planning a preganancy for end of next summer. I am only planning to wait 8-9 months. As soon as I ditch 50 lbs. Then I can work on my final goal afterwards.