First Fill Appt.

Hey. I am due for my first fill the first week of December. I have an apt. at the OCC on Dec. 6, however me and my husband are really going over the pro's and con's and the expense. Just wondering how many of you went back to the OCC for your first one?

I have a local Dr. that will take care of them for me, in fact while Dr. Ortiz and I were talking he was telling me what a great Dr. he is. Part of me wants to go see the Dr.'s at the OCC just to know everything still looks good. I am just going back and forth, and because this is so close to Christmas the extra expense of travel and hotel is in question.

Just wanted some opinions! Thanks for your time!

Dana~

If Dr. Ortiz says he is a good dr and you want to save money and it's closer to home...go for it! Sure he says it's suggested to go back to OCC for your first fill because he wants to make sure all is well, etc. BUT, Dr. O has confident in him for you to go to him...otherwise, he would have said some negative and explain why, etc.

You are lucky...some have a terrible time finding a dr nearby home! ((hugs!))

Does your Dr. do fluoro ?

If so ... no doubt I would go to the Dr. close by, also for the reason in case you should need an adjustment soon after, like an unfill or even if you need a little more of a fill.

If he does blind fills ... I personally just like the reassurance that the band/pouch looks like it suppose to be ... but that is something for you to decide - how you feel more comfortable -

Does your Dr. do fluoro ?

If so ... no doubt I would go to the Dr. close by, also for the reason in case you should need an adjustment soon after, like an unfill or even if you need a little more of a fill.

If he does blind fills ... I personally just like the reassurance that the band/pouch looks like it suppose to be ... but that is something for you to decide - how you feel more comfortable -

No, he does not do blind fills. Only fluoro, this is great! I felt good with Dr. Ortiz saying good things about him too.

I strongly recommend you stay close to home for fills. When you go to the OCC you only see the fill Dr. and it's usually only about a 10 minute appointment time. It is NOT worth the time and expense if you have someone local, especially if Dr. O says he's great, to go back to the OCC. Staying close to home will establish you with this Dr. and that's so important in case of an emergency. Again I would tell anyone to stay as close to home as they can for all fills. Unless you have time and money to waste, then go for it.

:lb11:

Guest CaraMBA09
I strongly recommend you stay close to home for fills. When you go to the OCC you only see the fill Dr. and it's usually only about a 10 minute appointment time. It is NOT worth the time and expense if you have someone local, especially if Dr. O says he's great, to go back to the OCC. Staying close to home will establish you with this Dr. and that's so important in case of an emergency. Again I would tell anyone to stay as close to home as they can for all fills. Unless you have time and money to waste, then go for it.

:lb11:

Crap Julie

I am now seriously rethinking flying all the way down there for my first fill!

I think Southwest will let me hold my tickets for another day. I guess the plus side to it is technically I can get my first fill as of Monday the 27th. I am a bit panicked. I have virtually NO restriction and can feel the difference in my eating habits again.

I will give the fill center in Auburn a call and see if I can get in next week...if that happens, I will head down to see you monkeys!...I cant let you all be the only ones swinging from the chandeliers in Portland!

Crap Julie

I am now seriously rethinking flying all the way down there for my first fill!

I think Southwest will let me hold my tickets for another day. I guess the plus side to it is technically I can get my first fill as of Monday the 27th. I am a bit panicked. I have virtually NO restriction and can feel the difference in my eating habits again.

I will give the fill center in Auburn a call and see if I can get in next week...if that happens, I will head down to see you monkeys!...I cant let you all be the only ones swinging from the chandeliers in Portland!

Hey Cara, I want you to do the best for you, I just give my opinions from my own experience. I just see no benefit, from my experience in going to the OCC. Yes you need to get that first fill to get you on the way to restriction so again do what is best for you. I/we would love to have you come to our PARTY!!

I didn't have my surgery at the OCC, but had it local, but just reading what others have said about their first fill, I think you should do it locally if that is available to you. Especially if Dr. Ortiz has said he is a good dr. I've had 3 fills now, and am really thankful I can have it done 15 min from my house!

Denise

So, next question. If I am doing it here at home, I should do it as soon as the 6 week mark gets here, huh? By reading everyone's 'bandster hell', I think I will get it ASAP.

Guest CaraMBA09
So, next question. If I am doing it here at home, I should do it as soon as the 6 week mark gets here, huh? By reading everyone's 'bandster hell', I think I will get it ASAP.

Dana, you do what you feel is right. I am impatient with hitting this major plateau and not losing in the past 3 weeks..it is awful. I also decided that the time involved in having to go all the way down there RIGHT now with so much other stuff going on in my life is just not worth the additional stress.

Dana, you do what you feel is right. I am impatient with hitting this major plateau and not losing in the past 3 weeks..it is awful. I also decided that the time involved in having to go all the way down there RIGHT now with so much other stuff going on in my life is just not worth the additional stress.

Yeah, problem is I called this Dr's office and it is a month wait. So, Friday will be 2 weeks since my surgery. So, if I want to do it as soon as I can, I guess I should schedule it. I will probably do it the Monday after Thanksgiving. I have to go out of town that week, so I will be back that Sunday. I really have no clue how I will be feeling, but I guess I need to get something scheduled.