NO WEIGHT LOSS SINCE JULY

In perursing the Forum, I've noticed that many of you are discouraged in regards to slow weight loss.

I personally have stayed at the same weight since July, yet I've recently dropped another size.

So, my point is...don't despair, it's going to come off one way or another. It does get disheartening

at times, but consider the fact that you look and feel so much better. I recently looked at some pictures

of me taken exactly a year ago...OMG, what a difference!

My advice to myself and to others is to hang in there.....this is not an easy journey, but one well worth

the end result!

Cheers,

Arlene

In perursing the Forum, I've noticed that many of you are discouraged in regards to slow weight loss.

I personally have stayed at the same weight since July, yet I've recently dropped another size.

So, my point is...don't despair, it's going to come off one way or another. It does get disheartening

at times, but consider the fact that you look and feel so much better. I recently looked at some pictures

My advice to myself and to others is to hang in there.....this is not an easy journey, but one well worth

the end result!

Cheers,

Arlene

I completely agree! My weight loss hasn't been huge since surgery, but my body changing is dramatic. I tried on jeans last night and I am wearing an 18 now which is great. I started as a 24. At 5'2'' that is not a pretty sight, just let me tell you. I was thinking last night I almost look like a normal big girl again. I don't feel like a freak anymore... We need to focus on the long haul, that is for sure!

Hey Arlene -

Thanks for the update. I was wondering how you were doing. Long time, no talk! I was banded on Oct 10 and I'm feeling well. The liquid diet is getting old, but 9 more days and I can eat solids again. Looking forward to that!!

Good advice about looking at other measures of weightloss besides the scale. So true!

So true Arlene.. and we all know that it's so easy to sabotage yourself if you don't see the numbers drop on the scale. As someone said on here before.... put the scale in the trunk!!

Isn't that the truth?! I weighed myself yesterday. Down one pound in three weeks, no cheats and exercising. Okay, a little cheating. I was consumed by Jazzy's Buffalo Chicken Soup. I've never had Frank's Hot Sauce before either. Between hubby and I, we ate the whole pot. I kept the chicken to a minimum in mine and drank the soup part like it was coffee. It's one of those soothing comfort food soups! I was a little bit down. Hey, I'm human too! :huh:

Anyway, I digress. I had to run an errand and grabbed a pair of jeans off the hanger without really paying attention. Put them on and they were baggy! Two weeks ago they were a tad tight. :D I had selected from the wrong side of the closet!

It's not all about the pounds and fretting and getting tighter and tighter fills is not my answer. I'm pleased with the way this is going. I'm rarely hungry, I eat good quality food, I don't graze or snack with exception of popcorn now and again, I pay attention to labels and I rely on myself to make the right choices with the band's support.

I may not be the slimmest sexiest girl on the beach in Mexico in February but I will be a helluva lot healthier and I will wear regular girl clothes and bathing suits (even if the suits do have the tummy panel)!

Jann

I completely agree! My weight loss hasn't been huge since surgery, but my body changing is dramatic. I tried on jeans last night and I am wearing an 18 now which is great. I started as a 24. At 5'2'' that is not a pretty sight, just let me tell you. I was thinking last night I almost look like a normal big girl again. I don't feel like a freak anymore... We need to focus on the long haul, that is for sure!

Iamworthit

I can completely identify with your comment "i almost lok like a normal big girl again"... even being fat there are different levels... "fat fat" "fat" "acceptable fat" "just thinks she's fat but wish I was that fat" ..... I was happy when I reached a 16 becasue I thought the same things... *sigh* ahhh... now I'm a "normal" big girl.

Keep up the good work! We won't be "big girls" for long.

Isn't that the truth?! I weighed myself yesterday. Down one pound in three weeks, no cheats and exercising. Okay, a little cheating. I was consumed by Jazzy's Buffalo Chicken Soup. I've never had Frank's Hot Sauce before either. Between hubby and I, we ate the whole pot. I kept the chicken to a minimum in mine and drank the soup part like it was coffee. It's one of those soothing comfort food soups! I was a little bit down. Hey, I'm human too! :huh:

Anyay, I digress. I had to run an errand and grabbed a pair of jeans off the hanger without really paying attention. Put them on and they were baggy! Two weeks ago they were a tad tight. :D I had selected from the wrong side of the closet!

It's not all about the pounds and fretting and getting tighter and tighter fills is not my answer. I'm pleased with the way this is going. I'm rarely hungry, I eat good quality food, I don't graze or snack with exception of popcorn now and again, I pay attention to labels and I rely on myself to make the right choices with the band's support.

I may not be the slimmest sexiest girl on the beach in Mexico in February but I will be a helluva lot healthier and I will wear regular girl clothes and bathing suits (even if the suits do have the tummy panel)!

Jann

FRANKS HOT SAUCE is dangerous! LOL b/4 being banded at work we would always get *and i would consume most of it* a chicken pizza made with franks hot sauce instead of tomato sauce.... ohmhgawd!! delish!

FRANKS HOT SAUCE is dangerous! LOL b/4 being banded at work we would always get *and i would consume most of it* a chicken pizza made with franks hot sauce instead of tomato sauce.... ohmhgawd!! delish!

I JUST discovered franks hot sauce with lime... It is so good, but also just found out it is so full of sodium :angry: I have real issues with salt. So back to tabasco sauce for me. I put it on everything.

I JUST discovered franks hot sauce with lime... It is so good, but also just found out it is so full of sodium :angry: I have real issues with salt. So back to tabasco sauce for me. I put it on everything.

with lime!!!! oh... don't tell me these things.. LOL... I love lime in everything!

with lime!!!! oh... don't tell me these things.. LOL... I love lime in everything!

OOooooO Frank's with Lime -- totally works for me. I guess it's okay since I don't salt any of my food and never have. I must have room for it then, right? hehe

Jann

the end result!

Cheers,

Arlene

You are soooo right! That scale is nothing more than a discouraging, demeaning, defeating, downright rotten piece of machinery! I try to avoid it at all costs. I bought a full length mirror instead. We'll see what new names I can come up with for that thing after I start looking into it! hahahaha