Question about pbing prevention

Donna~ you are not alone on this! I have been worrying about this too, since I start on my solid foods a week from today.

I keep listening to what others are syaing about sip, sip sip your liquids, take TINY bites and chew, chew, chew 30 times, and walk, walk, walk!!

It's training your mind to do this and that is what I am doing, even though I don't have any restrictions as of yet, if I have any 'bulky' bits in my soups, to practice the chewing part.

Hope this helps a little!

The only time I came close to PBing is when I tried to eat COLD pasta too quickly. Scares me to death to think of it coming up so I won't try that again.

BTW-I see you have a banding date. I am so happy for you!!!! We started on this forum about the same time and I have been rooting for you ever since. good for you.

Jude, glad I am not alone.

Heidi, Thanks so much! I think it's been a bit of a blessing that I wasn't banded in August and have really had a chance to research and become neurotic! :lol:

Evette, do you take the enzyme as you feel you are pbing or do you just take it daily as part of your supplements? I totally skimmed over the part you typed about eating around the band. I know you can do it, but I am trying to put mind over matter and hopefully not let that be an option.

Has anyone gone so overboard and bought the baby forks, spoon and knives? They have some smaller utensils like that at Cost Plus along with nice small plates.

Told you all, NEUROTIC!!!!!! :D

This is the ONLY thing that freaks me out about getting banded. How do you prevent it? Smaller bites? Chew thoroughly? Papaya Enzyme all the time for that just in case?

Yea I know, I am a worry wort!

Naw, it's a perfectly reasonable concern. I find that I don't PB but I do slime if I eat anything, even the tiniest of bites, before six p.m. pretty much guaranteed since my fill.

You've answered your own question. The only thing you left out is EATING SLOWLY. It's crucial. Fork down between bites. Papaya is for when you feel a PB coming on. I keep them in my purse as well.

Jann

Good grief! I feel like I was just re-born and learning to eat and drink again! LOL So I guess we will be PBing or sliming eventually. O-kay! Gotcha. My purse is ready with napkins and a couple of barf bags anyway!!

Now how do I use those papaya enzymes? I am not really sure of what it does for me and how to use it either?

Good grief! I feel like I was just re-born and learning to eat and drink again! LOL So I guess we will be PBing or sliming eventually. O-kay! Gotcha. My purse is ready with napkins and a couple of barf bags anyway!!

Now how do I use those papaya enzymes? I am not really sure of what it does for me and how to use it either?

You are re-born hun! You can buy them at any health food store. If you feel a PB or sliming episode coming on chew four of them. It really does help!

Jann

I had my 3rd fill recently and had never pb'd until then! I'll be heading out for some Papaya Enzymes asap! The restriction is great, but you totally must follow the rules when you have this great restriction. There's not getting around it.

Good luck ladies!

Denise