First Fill dilemma

Guest CaraMBA09

Guest CaraMBA09

So I have had a tough week with lots of personal stuff going on from my mothers death last december and the nasty probate proceedings. grr.

So I have hit that point where I have virtually NO restriction and am miserable because as our dear stormy has said "I can eat nearly anything", that is where I am at.

Hit the Keg last night to down two Keg sized Martinis, ate a caesar salad, prawns and (gasp) bread...

It was a WHOLE lotta mental hunger going on last night...drowing my sorrows, hurt and anger.

Anyways, I am having a harder time justifying going to TJ. So I called the local Fill Center here. What a joke.

I was on the phone for 20 minutes just trying to get the initial appt. It is $349.00 for the fill/consultation...BUT they do not do fluoroscopy. Each appt afterwards is $165.00

If I am not going to TJ, I want that Fluoro...call it the Type-A personality in me :)

So I call the Pacific Surgical in Olympia. They do fluoro (that is where I think Stormy and hub is going) and it is where Lisal has gone and swears by.

The initial appt is $375.00 (ouch) and is always done under Fluoroscopy.

The next appt IF and this is a huge IF I call WELL in advance could be substantially less...BUT the receptionist Karen who talked to me like I am a friggin 6 year old was so patronising I could not stand to be on the phone much longer.

So I have an appointment next Thursday for my first fill (October 30th) BUT...I must have ALL the paperwork that she emailed to me sent back to her by tomorrow or she will not hold the appointment...or she will take away my Xmas. :huh:

I will then have to reserve my Southwest airline ticket for something else, which is fine.

That is my story morning glory

oodles

C

So I have had a tough week with lots of personal stuff going on from my mothers death last december and the nasty probate proceedings. grr.

So I have hit that point where I have virtually NO restriction and am miserable because as our dear stormy has said "I can eat nearly anything", that is where I am at.

Hit the Keg last night to down two Keg sized Martinis, ate a caesar salad, prawns and (gasp) bread...

It was a WHOLE lotta mental hunger going on last night...drowing my sorrows, hurt and anger.

Anyways, I am having a harder time justifying going to TJ. So I called the local Fill Center here. What a joke.

I was on the phone for 20 minutes just trying to get the initial appt. It is $349.00 for the fill/consultation...BUT they do not do fluoroscopy. Each appt afterwards is $165.00

If I am not going to TJ, I want that Fluoro...call it the Type-A personality in me :)

So I call the Pacific Surgical in Olympia. They do fluoro (that is where I think Stormy and hub is going) and it is where Lisal has gone and swears by.

The initial appt is $375.00 (ouch) and is always done under Fluoroscopy.

The next appt IF and this is a huge IF I call WELL in advance could be substantially less...BUT the receptionist Karen who talked to me like I am a friggin 6 year old was so patronising I could not stand to be on the phone much longer.

So I have an appointment next Thursday for my first fill (October 30th) BUT...I must have ALL the paperwork that she emailed to me sent back to her by tomorrow or she will not hold the appointment...or she will take away my Xmas. :huh:

I will then have to reserve my Southwest airline ticket for something else, which is fine.

That is my story morning glory

oodles

C

Man, talk about a rough week. <hugs> I'm shocked at how some of these fill centre people talk to their potential clients. It's huge business. You would think they would be a whole lot more respectful! It can only go up from here, Cara. Take good care.

Jann

Guest CaraMBA09
Man, talk about a rough week. <hugs> I'm shocked at how some of these fill centre people talk to their potential clients. It's huge business. You would think they would be a whole lot more respectful! It can only go up from here, Cara. Take good care.

Jann

Thanks Jann. Something about the front of the house people, they are like little hitlers with all the power and they know it. I got the sense that she was "HIGH browing me" after she found out I went to Dr. O in TJ

They will all eat their words and attitudes when they see Dr. O on yet another respectable TV show!

He will be on "The Doctors" in about 2 weeks, I was just at OCC getting my 1st fill and they were filming.

I too had no restriction and could eat anything! I was only too happy to get down there for this fill. They

put in 1.6 & I really hope it works for me! I was very tired of the plateau that I was stuck in for weeks.

It was becoming so discouraging...

Anyway, Good luck! :D

Thanks Jann. Something about the front of the house people, they are like little hitlers with all the power and they know it. I got the sense that she was "HIGH browing me" after she found out I went to Dr. O in TJ

At the risk of being crass, kick her ass! She wouldn't be gainfully unemployed if we didn't exist in the world. Bah humbug!

Jann

I'm sorry you are having a bad time but I know what will cure it DANCING IN PORTLAND :P:P:P

If you don't go to OCC are you back to joining us???

Hi Cara, I am sorry you are having a tough week and being without restriction is not helping.

Book a fill right away. I can't understand how people can treat patients the way they do, it's a huge business, they charge alot of money, they should be kissing our asses.

Aftercare is so important, the receptionist might be a b*tch, but if the fill doctor is professional and does his/her job you will be just fine going local. If he's not, there are other places to take your business.

Good Luck Bella, I will talk to you later this week!

Guest CaraMBA09
Hi Cara, I am sorry you are having a tough week and being without restriction is not helping.

Book a fill right away. I can't understand how people can treat patients the way they do, it's a huge business, they charge alot of money, they should be kissing our asses.

Aftercare is so important, the receptionist might be a b*tch, but if the fill doctor is professional and does his/her job you will be just fine going local. If he's not, there are other places to take your business.

Good Luck Bella, I will talk to you later this week!

AH...as usual, you ladies are the bestest in the whole world! I am bummed about not heading back down right away, but will look into it around spring. I need restriction, this sucks, I have put 5 lbs back on. :(

I am going to look into either heading down on the train (CHEAP...only $44 RT) or see who else is still going. As the Kinks sing..."come on sister have yourself a ball and they say come dancin', its only natural..."

wheee

I sent my paperwork in for Hubby and I to the Olympia place yesterday, they should be calling me. I swear if they talk to me like that, I will tear them a new one. We are going to spend a lot of money there. I am very nervous about this first fill. After what Julie went through, I am scarred to get over filled even though they are not that far away, I dont want to have to go back. I just hope we get it right the first time. Since I only have a 4cc band, they can't put that much in the first time. My hubby has 10cc, I wonder what he will get. He says he can eat everything with no problem. I wonder if he is being honest. I had some problem with chicken, he said he did not.

I too thought of going back to TJ and basically we are paying around the same. Because of what the airfare and hotel would have been. But I just can't take that time off and if something happened, I dont have time to deal with phone calls not being returned or whatever issue they had. I really need someone close by. So all and all, I think for me and hubby, this is the way to go. I hear they are good. If they are rude to you tell them off!! your money is good anywhere and they better respect you cause you are paying right? I hate mean people. Anyway, I hope to see you on the 8th, I think I am getting my fill after that for sure cause I want to eat on that day.

I sent my paperwork in for Hubby and I to the Olympia place yesterday, they should be calling me. I swear if they talk to me like that, I will tear them a new one. We are going to spend a lot of money there. I am very nervous about this first fill. After what Julie went through, I am scarred to get over filled even though they are not that far away, I dont want to have to go back. I just hope we get it right the first time. Since I only have a 4cc band, they can't put that much in the first time. My hubby has 10cc, I wonder what he will get. He says he can eat everything with no problem. I wonder if he is being honest. I had some problem with chicken, he said he did not.

I too thought of going back to TJ and basically we are paying around the same. Because of what the airfare and hotel would have been. But I just can't take that time off and if something happened, I dont have time to deal with phone calls not being returned or whatever issue they had. I really need someone close by. So all and all, I think for me and hubby, this is the way to go. I hear they are good. If they are rude to you tell them off!! your money is good anywhere and they better respect you cause you are paying right? I hate mean people. Anyway, I hope to see you on the 8th, I think I am getting my fill after that for sure cause I want to eat on that day.

Don't be nervous about your fill, Stormy. What happened to Julie is an aberration, not the norm. Fill doctors for the most part follow a pre-set guideline. Our body's and the band clearly all react differently. Just make sure you can drink comfortabley and hang about for a bit to ensure you are okay.

Jann

Hey Cara:

Sorry you had to deal with an unprofessional office person, I hate people like that. they obviously have issues and feel some sort of control when they harass patients. I am glad you chose to stay local, truly.

And now the big question again....will you come to Portland? I sure hope so I can't wait to meet you!!

Hey Stormy, don't worry about your first fill or even others for that matter. As Jann said what happened to me is not the norm, so you'll be just fine for sure. Glad you are staying sort of local, I think you'll be happy with your decision, less time and probably less money.

Can't wait to see you soon!!

Hi Stormy, I just got my first fill - 1.6 - yesterday at OCC and everything went fine. I have read posts about not using Fluro, that it's not that important. I would never have

allowed them to NOT use Fluro! I needed, for my own peace of mind, to see how the whole thing works, I wanted to see where my band was, if my stomach stretched

(a bit paranoid because I could eat anything, not that I over ate...) and most importantly, because of poor Julie, I didn't want an over-fill. When the Dr. had too much fill,

the fluro balled up and wouldn't pass, when he let some out, it passed slowly, but it passed. I got to see all of that! I will never have a fill without the fluro!

( am I spelling that right? lol) Anyway, just my 2 cents... I came away less afraid, and so will you. ;)