Excited Future Lapbander

Hi everyone. My name is Susanna and I have a surgery date of November 4! I've wanted to do this for a long, long time. So I cashed out my measly 401K and made the appointment. I am so, so excited, and honestly, not fearful at all. I look forward to learning a lot from you guys and how the trip into lapband is working out for you.

Here's a question. Do any of you know of support groups that we can attend Is there such a thing? I know me and having somewhere to go to talk to others and hear how everyone is doing, etc., will help me immensly. Today I was thinking about what if I fail myself again and am not successful. To me, cashing in my life savings is so worth getting this tool to help me finally succeed. I know the work is all mine to do. I am so grateful that I am jumping in and accepting the gift of the lapband to help me get to where I desperately want to be.

Thanks for listening. I look forward to chatting with you all.

Hi everyone. My name is Susanna and I have a surgery date of November 4! I've wanted to do this for a long, long time. So I cashed out my measly 401K and made the appointment. I am so, so excited, and honestly, not fearful at all. I look forward to learning a lot from you guys and how the trip into lapband is working out for you.

Here's a question. Do any of you know of support groups that we can attend Is there such a thing? I know me and having somewhere to go to talk to others and hear how everyone is doing, etc., will help me immensly. Today I was thinking about what if I fail myself again and am not successful. To me, cashing in my life savings is so worth getting this tool to help me finally succeed. I know the work is all mine to do. I am so grateful that I am jumping in and accepting the gift of the lapband to help me get to where I desperately want to be.

I would just google your area and see if something comes up for support groups. I found one in my area. So, maybe you will too! Good luck with your surgery! I just had mine and I am doing well, I suspect you will do great too! Let us all know! :)

Hi Susanna and congrats on your decision to be banded. It is awesome and I am just 2 weeks and one day out from surgery (Oct 8 at OCC) and I feel GREAT!

This is by far the best thing I've done for myself in a real long, long time. Are you having your surgery at OCC? You won't fail babe for one thing, you've already made a decision and you will have the tool to assist you. It's focusing on your goal. What I've done is read the guidelines until you fully understand it and if you have questions, talk to your dr until you do understand. Also, I have a daily journal to write down what I eat and drink, my feelings, my mini goals to reach (start small at first) and so sort of mild exercises. Have something to focus on your weight loss as a motivation to keep you on track. I also have a binder to assist me when I come to this forum (Thank goodness for this forum!) and get ideas and tips. Also, we are starting to post a few recipes and I print them and put them in my binder as well. If you don't have a calendar to mark your progress, get one. It is very helpful and as the days goes by, I cross it off with a RED pen...one day close to that goal.

Anyway, I am babbling on. But as far as support goup is concern, like Dana says, google it in your area and then come to this forum!! This forum is all I do for me. I can post anything and get replies back of encouragement and suggestions. Looking forward to hear about your progress.

Every city, state, country appears to manage banding differently so I have no idea if there is a support group in your city, state, province.

You aren't going to fail. Remove that from your vocabulary. You said it yourself you've cashed out your life savings, you want this. Educate yourself, read everything you can find, know what you are getting into and what's expected or you will be disappointed and you will fail. Pay strict attention to your first 21 days and even your pre-op. They are key indicators of success or failure.

We are here and we will support ya! Congratulations on your decision!

Jann

Susanna ~ where in California are you at? I am in San Diego...

I'm in Orange County.

Every city, state, country appears to manage banding differently so I have no idea if there is a support group in your city, state, province.

You aren't going to fail. Remove that from your vocabulary. You said it yourself you've cashed out your life savings, you want this. Educate yourself, read everything you can find, know what you are getting into and what's expected or you will be disappointed and you will fail. Pay strict attention to your first 21 days and even your pre-op. They are key indicators of success or failure.

We are here and we will support ya! Congratulations on your decision!

Jann

I'm doing all right on the pre-op diet. I don't physically feel bad. I am disappointed that the scale is not reflecting anything. I do have a long road ahead of me. I'm a pretty tough nut when I have to be. Food has given me so much comfort (and agony). I desperately don't want to fail. Thank you for your input. I really hope I can find a family out there in bandland. I feel very alone on this journey. That's been my choice, though. I've told three of my closest friends and one sister. I don't want to jinx anything.

I'm doing all right on the pre-op diet. I don't physically feel bad. I am disappointed that the scale is not reflecting anything. I do have a long road ahead of me. I'm a pretty tough nut when I have to be. Food has given me so much comfort (and agony). I desperately don't want to fail. Thank you for your input. I really hope I can find a family out there in bandland. I feel very alone on this journey. That's been my choice, though. I've told three of my closest friends and one sister. I don't want to jinx anything.

You've found your bandland family! You are so not alone! There is a ton of good info on this forum and a ton of good people. Don't dispair, it's early days. Just follow your pre-op guidelines and take it a day at a time. Your weight wasn't built in short order and it won't come off in short order. It really is a process and it's not without it's frustrations but it is truly worth it at the end of the day.

Hugs,

Jann