Vomit with Blood

Today I got sick for the first time (vomiting). Not sure if it was from what I was eating, if I didn't chew enough or I didn't listen to the full message but however it came to happen I got sick. What concerned me is that there was blood in the vomit, not overly a lot but enough for me to question what's going on. It has been 5 hours, my neck and throte are sore, like I have throte infection and I have that blood taste in the back of my mouth like I have just run a marathon!

Anyone else know what I am talking about or have any comments or suggestions?

Thanks for any information and help.

Guest CaraMBA09
Today I got sick for the first time (vomiting). Not sure if it was from what I was eating, if I didn't chew enough or I didn't listen to the full message but however it came to happen I got sick. What concerned me is that there was blood in the vomit, not overly a lot but enough for me to question what's going on. It has been 5 hours, my neck and throte are sore, like I have throte infection and I have that blood taste in the back of my mouth like I have just run a marathon!

Anyone else know what I am talking about or have any comments or suggestions?

Thanks for any information and help.

Well, I am not an expert and I dont think Julie is online right now OR some of our Pros...but from what I have heard...take SIPS of warm water...and for gods sake...DO not eat anything and stick with clear fluids for 3 days...Where were you banded?

It is easy to break little blood vessels if you have severe vomitting, but if it keeps up, you may need to see a doctor. Cara is right too, NO FOOD! Go back on liquids for 3 days.

When were you banded? I hope it if beyond the 21 days or you shouldn't be on food at all yet.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

Thanks Cara for your vote of confidence. Now I am no expert but as Mona said some people do break tiny blood vessels when vomiting, whether it is a huge session or just a small amount. Normal. As long as you don't continue to spit up blood after wards in quantities more than 1/2 tsp or so. Remember too that unless you are used to seeing and measuring blood amounts a very small amount can look like alot to someone who isn't used to seeing blood. As recommended stick with liquids for a few days. Certainly if it seems like more than just a little and continues for more than a few days call your doctor. Sometimes just a call to the advice nurse can relieve your worries also. Try and be very careful if it happens again to be able to quantify the amount of blood you see, e.g. streaks of blood in mucous, straight blood the size of a dime, quarter etc. Hope this helps and you feel better soon.

Thank you so much everyone for the quick replies and consistent suggestions.

I had my band put in July at OCC and had my first fill 2 weeks ago in Canada. I know I don't do sick very well (usually pop the blood vessels in my eyes) so I wasn't sure if it was just from being sick or if I wrecked something. Things are feeling much better today; neck and throat are much better just a slight taste in the back of the mouth. I am taking your suggestions and going back to fluids for a few days!

Once again a HUGE thanks!

Thank you so much everyone for the quick replies and consistent suggestions.

I had my band put in July at OCC and had my first fill 2 weeks ago in Canada. I know I don't do sick very well (usually pop the blood vessels in my eyes) so I wasn't sure if it was just from being sick or if I wrecked something. Things are feeling much better today; neck and throat are much better just a slight taste in the back of the mouth. I am taking your suggestions and going back to fluids for a few days!

Once again a HUGE thanks!

Wow! Are you okay? That is truly distressing news.

Jann