Need Help....little concerned

Hi All need a little help please, sorry to write another post about a possible slipped band or stretched pouch, but I am a little worried because of things I have read previously on the board.

So here is what happened, I went to a wedding over the weekend, old friend/roommate/sorority sister from college, (25 years ago) but we partied like were still in school. One thing led to another and we started doing shots of tequilla and before I knew it I was up puking most of the night, which leads to my concern....DID I RUIN MY BAND??? I know we are not supposed to throw-up but something was coming up and out of my stomach. I did not over indulge with food at the wedding, just the tequilla and vodka.

Please don't preach to me about the evils of doing this with the band, I know it was a big mistake and trust me I barely drink so this is not a recurring pattern just a once in a decade kind of thing!

My band doesn't feel weird or anything but I am just worried because I know I shouldn't have done this. Are there any signs/symptoms I can/should look for?

Hi All need a little help please, sorry to write another post about a possible slipped band or stretched pouch, but I am a little worried because of things I have read previously on the board.

So here is what happened, I went to a wedding over the weekend, old friend/roommate/sorority sister from college, (25 years ago) but we partied like were still in school. One thing led to another and we started doing shots of tequilla and before I knew it I was up puking most of the night, which leads to my concern....DID I RUIN MY BAND??? I know we are not supposed to throw-up but something was coming up and out of my stomach. I did not over indulge with food at the wedding, just the tequilla and vodka.

Please don't preach to me about the evils of doing this with the band, I know it was a big mistake and trust me I barely drink so this is not a recurring pattern just a once in a decade kind of thing!

My band doesn't feel weird or anything but I am just worried because I know I shouldn't have done this. Are there any signs/symptoms I can/should look for?

I don't think I would be worried right now. As long as you can keep your food down I am sure you are OK. From what I have heard people say, if it had slipped nothing would stay down. I would just get your next fill under fluoro to put your mind at rest. But, if you think about it, people get sick with the Flu, and migraines etc. and will throw up, so don't beat yourself up about it. You said it is not a regular occurance and sounds like you feel guilty enough! Hope you feel better!

Hey Kimmy,

I agree, you're most likely fine as long as you can get things past your pouch - however I recommend you go on liquids for 3 days. In case you have any swelling this will allow you to heal and not cause any damage.

But (and I’m sure its not going to happen again) in cast you ever are in this situation again get some OTC Nauzene. People take it purposely for hangovers since it stops you from throwing up – but it works great for us for the flu or any type of stomach issue. (Like too much of a good thing)! I always have it on hand, where ever I go!

Good luck, lesson learned, you'll be fine!!

Lisa