First Day Back to Work...Post Op

Oh my goodness...today was my first day back to work post-op. I had to meet with my boss and a couple of co-workers. I have decided that I am not going to tell them about my lapband surgery as a personal choice. The morning starts with muffins from Corner Bakery, I am fine, no temptation at all. I sip my water and all is well. We work through the day developing a training program for our staff and now it's lunch time. My boss decides to order lunch for everyone from Carl's Jr. (fast food), she passes the pad around for us to place our order and I order a large iced tea. All of a sudden I am bombarded with pressure from every side trying to convince me that I HAVE to EAT. I tell them my stomach is upset and I have no appetite. I wanted to scream "leave me alone"!

Here's my dilema, tomorrow will be a repeat of today and do not know what to say. Any suggestions?????

At first I told people that I was on a lifestyle change to get healthy due to Doctors orders. No one really asks if you tell them its medical and private. Most are smart enough to know to stay away from that area.

Thanks so much....

I was in the same boat as you. I just told people I was on a 21 day dr. approved liquid diet.. And they seemed fine with that.

good luck..

Guest CaraMBA09
Oh my goodness...today was my first day back to work post-op. I had to meet with my boss and a couple of co-workers. I have decided that I am not going to tell them about my lapband surgery as a personal choice. The morning starts with muffins from Corner Bakery, I am fine, no temptation at all. I sip my water and all is well. We work through the day developing a training program for our staff and now it's lunch time. My boss decides to order lunch for everyone from Carl's Jr. (fast food), she passes the pad around for us to place our order and I order a large iced tea. All of a sudden I am bombarded with pressure from every side trying to convince me that I HAVE to EAT. I tell them my stomach is upset and I have no appetite. I wanted to scream "leave me alone"!

Here's my dilema, tomorrow will be a repeat of today and do not know what to say. Any suggestions?????

OY - I hate that!

I would politely, if you can...tell them that you caught something from the dog or something really stupid - HIPAA laws (medical laws - which are federal) state that YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED to say anything regarding your health.

I have NOT disclosed anything due to the gossipy bitches all around me, I would not worry about it!!

I would simply say...I appreciate everyone's concern, all is fine I am just changing my eating habits as per my Dr.

If it persists I would say, Again like I said I appreciate your concern but I would rather not talk about it as it is hard enough to make the right choice for me- Support would be great instead!

I had so many comments that actually ended up driving me to cancel the surgery! Sooooo, I totally understand people who just do not understand and the comments about Mexico. You just get tired of explaining. Stand strong and be blunt and only share what you want to!