fill doctor in N. California

I got back from a fill in TJ last week-my first. I have no restriction. Dr. So told me I shouldn't come back for 5 weeks. I am feeling very frustrated. I feel like my husband is looking at me thinking "wow, we sure did waste a lot of money". Besides having no restriction from this fill, my trip to TJ that was supposed to take 1 day took 2. There was an accident on the way to the airport and so everyone was arriving 4-5 hrs late as the freeway was completely shut down in both directions. I had to stay the night in San Diego and then go to Dr. O's the next morning. Then I waited 1 1/2 hrs to be picked up at the airport and going back they took everyone back just before I had my fill and so I had to wait another hour when I was finished when I could have just went with the first bus if they had waited 10 minutes. I don't mean this to be insulting but sometimes there tends to be a different view of time in Mexico so I really cannot blame OCC as I do believe it is cultural. Having to stay an extra day really was inconvenient, not to mention a lot more expensive. That of course was not the OCC's fault, but this whole experience has made me realize that I need to find a place closer to get my fills. While I was at the OCC, I met a woman from the Sac area who said that her sister was getting fills in Sacramento and that I could find the info at FillCenter.com. There's nothing there about a place in Sac. I called them and they said they are hoping to open a center soon. Does anyone know what place she was talking about? Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't mind having to drive but I would rather not have to fly. I live in Napa which is pretty much between Sacramento and SF. I know there are places in SoCal but I might as well go to TJ if I'm going to go down there. Does anyone know if the five weeks thing after your first fill is a hard and fast rule. Thanks for your help.

Hi Red,

Well, from what other have said, it would take time for your first fill to work. Meaning, give it some time for it to work it's magic. Also, to have liquids for the first few days and then progress up with solids.

So, sorry about your uneventfull time to get your first fill...and of all times to have other things happening too! If it rains, it pours! As I live in San Diego, I am going to TJ for my fills. But, there is someone on this forum saying something about fill dr up North...just don't know exactly where. Have you checked with the past posts to see? I hope someone will come to your rescue soon.

Also, OCC, I believe have a 4 week minimum wait for your next fill. Call and confirm. Hope this helps...

I got back from a fill in TJ last week-my first. I have no restriction. Dr. So told me I shouldn't come back for 5 weeks. I am feeling very frustrated. I feel like my husband is looking at me thinking "wow, we sure did waste a lot of money". Besides having no restriction from this fill, my trip to TJ that was supposed to take 1 day took 2. There was an accident on the way to the airport and so everyone was arriving 4-5 hrs late as the freeway was completely shut down in both directions. I had to stay the night in San Diego and then go to Dr. O's the next morning. Then I waited 1 1/2 hrs to be picked up at the airport and going back they took everyone back just before I had my fill and so I had to wait another hour when I was finished when I could have just went with the first bus if they had waited 10 minutes. I don't mean this to be insulting but sometimes there tends to be a different view of time in Mexico so I really cannot blame OCC as I do believe it is cultural. Having to stay an extra day really was inconvenient, not to mention a lot more expensive. That of course was not the OCC's fault, but this whole experience has made me realize that I need to find a place closer to get my fills. While I was at the OCC, I met a woman from the Sac area who said that her sister was getting fills in Sacramento and that I could find the info at FillCenter.com. There's nothing there about a place in Sac. I called them and they said they are hoping to open a center soon. Does anyone know what place she was talking about? Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't mind having to drive but I would rather not have to fly. I live in Napa which is pretty much between Sacramento and SF. I know there are places in SoCal but I might as well go to TJ if I'm going to go down there. Does anyone know if the five weeks thing after your first fill is a hard and fast rule. Thanks for your help.

I use Dr Helmuth Billy who is based in Ventura but goes to Truckee once a month - I live in Tracy so it is a bit of a haul but worth it - and no, I have never heard of the 5 week thing - I have lost 70 pounds - had my surgery with Dr Kuri in TJ - love him but it is expensive to go to Mexico so I just leave early in the morning and go to Truckee - long day but not too expensive - coffee in morning, a fill - stick around a little while and I ususally have something real light to make sure it will go down and then drive back down the mountain - like I said, it is a long day but worth it -Ventura office phone number is 8056482227 - they will give you the Truckee number to make an appointment if you are interested

Reb

Hello! I am going to be getting my surgery done on Dec 18th and I also live near Napa, How much does the doctor in Trukee charge? and has anyone found out if there is anyone one else who will fill in Northern Cali

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have not been able to find any fill doctors nearby. I joined Mexican Bandsters on yahoo as suggested by Lori Becky but I cannot find where they have a database of fill doctors. Can anyone help with how to navigate their site? I have been back to the OCC and this time I have a good fill. I am still able to eat portions about 1/2 what I would have normally eaten, I am not PBing but I am still losing weight at a pretty good rate. I will stay here for now but the more thought I give it and the more I read on this message board about problems people have had with fills, I think I will continue to go to OCC for my aftercare. My only concern is an emergency situation that could arise. I think that for anyone who is considering having this surgery, you really must factor fills into the cost and those fills may have to continue to be in TJ. It definitely increases the cost and frustration when it doesn't work like we hope but we have to protect our investment.

Anybody else notice that they like sweets a lot less and veggies a lot more when they have a fill that's working?

In answer to the question how much does the doctor in Truckee cost.

I recently went the Saturday before Thanksgiving. The charge was 300.00.

That will include my next fill.

His name is Dr. Helmuth Billy. I don't have his number handy. I think he is

listed under FillcenterUsa.

If you need his number PM me.

Also, he comes from Ventura (his home office) once a month to Truckee.

Saturdays.

Hope this helps.

I live 3 1/2 hrs away, if anyone knows of any centers closer (in the Bay Area)

that doesnt' cost an arm and a leg, let me know.

Thanks,

Tara

Have you had any luck in finding a good fill Dr. in Northern Ca? I live in Santa Rosa, so I will be looking soon also!

Hi when are you getting your surgery done, Mine is on Dec 18th.. I live in Lake County. Middletown actully, I dunno if you know where that is, but Santa rosa is just over the hill from me, would like to know what you are planning to do about fills, maybe we could go together on some of them..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, everyone: Someone told me that Dr. Cirangle in San Francisco will do aftercare and fills for Dr. Ortiz patients. He is with Laproscopic Associates of San Francisco. I know nothing more about this doc or how good/helpful/responsive he is. If anyone goes to him, I'd love to hear how it went!