HOT dang, got my first fill today!

Guest CaraMBA09

Guest CaraMBA09

YEE HAW! let the weight loss begin again! thank goodness.

So I drove the 30 minutes south to Olympia and went to Pacific Surgical for my fill.

I think the receptionist is a bit kooky, but Erin the fill nurse is phenomenal! Love her to death. She began by pressing around the port to 'desensitize' the skin and then warned me it would feel like a bee sting. She got it with the first try! (LOVE that!)

She talked through everything and explained so much that I have not been able to read about or find and I just want to say that I am so thankful I have listened to Julie and Lisal about getting good quality care set up locally. thank you ladies!

She explained that the first fill is typically 1.6-2.0 cc's and that it takes 2 good fills before we hit that happy spot that we are all looking for. I think Kat and a few others have already confirmed this little fact. Anyways, she began with 1.6 cc's and I took two good swallows of strawberry lemonade barium (yummy!) and to my great relief she told me my pouch was NOT -stretched and everything looked tip-top. I was thrilled!

I DO NOT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS...I would highly recommend doing the fluoro to give yourselves peace of mind and to be sure you are getting a good fill. I watched the entire process and it is fascinating.

She then took me up to 2.0 cc's and had me swallow the 'lemonade' again. She would not go higher than that for now, which is fine with me. I am now on a strict 48 hours "liquid diet" again and of course mentally, I could eat anything.

She then told me that within 2-3 weeks, I will start to lose restriction again and to just get scheduled to get back in. I was then told by the receptionist that I need to call at the 2 week mark and the price will only be $150

My next small goal over the next 2-3 weeks is to get under 200 lbs. Which will be the first time in 3 years...I cannot wait.

Oodles~

Cara

Cara,

I am kind of surprised that fill docs/nurses are telling people that they'll lose restriction in 2-3 weeks. It's just so personal and everyone is different. I have always heard that if you are losing and have restriction, don't get another fill. I've had the same fill since April, lost like 59 lbs, and I still have restriction totally. I just wanted to mention that you probably ought to just wait and see how you are doing, instead of rushing into another fill, assuming of course, you still are restricted.

Good luck!

Karen

Guest CaraMBA09
Cara,

I am kind of surprised that fill docs/nurses are telling people that they'll lose restriction in 2-3 weeks. It's just so personal and everyone is different. I have always heard that if you are losing and have restriction, don't get another fill. I've had the same fill since April, lost like 59 lbs, and I still have restriction totally. I just wanted to mention that you probably ought to just wait and see how you are doing, instead of rushing into another fill, assuming of course, you still are restricted.

Good luck!

Karen

Karen

I absolutely agree that everyone is different, but I am also not shocked to hear that people tend to need a fill within a month of their first fill. All you have to do is look at anyones signature line and see that most people ARE in fact getting another fill within that timeframe.

I will cross that bridge when I hit the 2-3 week mark and make the decision then. I have not lost anything since the first 10 lbs post-op and I do have every intention of being on top of this. I wont dillydally about my fills, that I am very sure of!

Regards, C

I agree...every person's body is so differnet than the others. You just need to LISTEN to your body and go from there, real simple. I am going for my first fill on Nov 22 and hope this will be a good start for me. I plan on scheduling every month until I get a good fill. I can always change my date so that won't be a problem.

Good luck Cara!! I hope you will feel the restriction soon enough!

Guest CaraMBA09
Yeah So excited for you! First fill and we are on our way to weight loss!

Thanks for the support! I am only 6 lbs away from being under 200 lbs, you can imagine how exciting that is!

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm finally able to eat solid foods and feel great. I look forward to getting my first fill and appreciate this glimpse into your fill experience.

Sounds like all is well and that you found good local care. Keep us posted!

She explained that the first fill is typically 1.6-2.0 cc's and that it takes 2 good fills before we hit that happy spot that we are all looking for.

Now that's interesting. I was talking to the people at the NorthWest Fill Center in Washington, and I was told their first fill is usually 1/3 the max cc of the band.

Since I have a 10cc band, I am expecting my first fill will end up being around 3cc. That seem like too much?

Taz