I'M LOSING HEART!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone,

I have been watching from a distance and I am very frustrated. I got banded in March and I have only lost 35b lbs. IHAVE HAD IT WITH THE BAND! I AM NOT DOING WELL WITH THE SLOW WEIGHT LOSS .....AND I NEED SOME SUPPORT!

Why are others losing more and some slow? What are you eating? What is the trick?

PLEASE ANYBODY HELP ME!

My band holds 4cc I have 2.5 fill and the weight loss has been at 220 for months! I AM REALLY TIRED!

Please help me out!!

Lapband girl....is very sad

Hey Lap band girl,

Don’t be sad. First I’d like to know a little bit of history of your fills, and how much and what you’ve been eating. It’s not magic, you have to work at it and you need to make real lifestyle changes which include exercise and eating smaller amounts. (Start with ¼ cup each of protein, veggies, fruits and carbs – you should not be able to eat all of this if you have a good fill). Don’t drink while eating and add exercise into you life. Tell yourself everyday that you are beautiful and on the way to a new you!!

So let’s start tomorrow like it’s the firs day of your new life with your band and also realize – you’re not doing badly, just not moving as fast as some. You’ve lost 35 pounds since March, that’s an average of 5 pounds per month – you can do better – but what would you have lost without the band? (Most likely nothing – you would have gained some).

You may need another fill, and you need to look yourself in the mirror and have a real talk - about how and what you’ve been eating, and if you’ve made some real changes in to your life and added in exercise.

So one gift I’m going to give you today and its very important – today is the first day of you’re new lap band life – look at who you are, and decide what you want to become – and become it. Get another fill if you need it, stay online for help, and get on the lap band program.

No worries, you’re going to succeed – you have one post to start you on your way, you’ll have many more before you get there.

Take care and get going on your journey to the new you!

Lisa

I’ll measure ¼ cup of chicken, (chopped into small bite size pieces), ¼ of veggies, (chopped into small bite size pieces), the same with fruit and carbs. I can normally only eat the protein, some veggies, a bit of fruit and hardly ever get to the carbs. If you can eat more than this you may need a fill.

Stop drinking when you start eating and up to an hour after - or else you might as well not have the band. Liquids will push your food down and only eat three times a day and I add in one really heavy protein shake. (Isopure or something like that) to make sure I keep building muscle and burn fat.

Focus on getting organized with your food - its part of what we need to do to be successful. We need to understand how food can work for us, or against us. For me its now mainly a way to keep my energy level up – its not how I keep myself happy or how I emotionally support myself – simply put, its fuel.

dont be sad. You have lost weight and should focus on the positive. I know it is very difficult to feel that you haven't lost enough, but remember that the band is only a small percentage of what is helping you lose weight. Eating healthier options and exercising are also very important.

Trust me, you probably are thinking, I already do all that and still have a slow process. You are getting your fills on time and eating no more than 4 oz per serving, and drinking at least 64 oz of water? If not, than start that first. Than work the exercise and healthier food as you can.

Ask for support from friends or co-workers, or here online (like you did today) and someone will help out. don't worry this journey is long, frustrating, and downright upsetting BUT you have invested alot of time, money and motivation- don't waste that. Google the topic : how to break a plateau or go to mamamichelle profile and she has lots of topics on how to make sure you can check your fill info, plateau breakers and motivating info.

take care and the best is yet to come, you will succeed!

ps. NEVER EAT and DRINK at the same time!!!! or even within 30 minutes...try to wait the 60 minutes!

Hello Lapbandgirl,

I'm in the EXACT SAME boat as you are! I posted on here a couple of weeks ago and our weight loss is almost the same. {I was banded 3-25, lost 33lbs.}

I know I need a fill, but can't afford one right now. My problem is portion control and eating around the band. I am trying to 'be good' but it's hard with very little restriction.

I don't want to mess this up and I do get discouraged, but I am going to get my crap together [day by day.]

Just know that you are NOT alone, you can PM me any time you'd like. Take care, Darlene

We are here to help and provide support!!

Like Lisa said it's not easy, you have work at it!!

I know you've tried and when the weight doesn't come off you feel frustrated, but keep in mind that it took years for the weight to come on, it will take time for it to come off, slow and steady wins the race!!!

Change it up, high protein, low carb, more water and exercise and it will happen!!!

Take care and kick start today!!!

Thank you everyone.....I feel a little better! Just still not losing!

I am another in the same boat. I have the larger band and am at 9.2 cc's and FINALLY have restriction. I was banded in March also and stuck at 30 pounds lost. I think you need another fill and once you get to the right spot, you will do fine. It's discouraging, I know, but don't give up. Not yet!

Completely agree with LisaL. I'm a newbie here, but in the past when I was doing a weight loss plan after a while I would not lose and get frustrated. So I would really sit down at look at what I was doing and would realize that after a while I would start to slip on following the rules. So go back like it is day 1. Make sure you are keeping track of your calories, not drinking while eating and not doing other things to eat around the band. Also, always know this group is here to help! I'm doing great so far, but of course i'm only about 10 days out! I know I will start to slip and lose my motivation and I plan on using this group as a resource and inspiration so i'd encourage you to do the same.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

Hey all,

I have been pretty out of control this past week or so. Had my fill 3 weeks ago, first one, the restriction only lasted about 10 days before I could shove more food in.....I am going for fill no. 2 this Thursday. I have been afraid to get on the scale, I would rather live in denial! Problem is, that is what got me into this mess in the first place. I have had the realization that I need to feel full in order to function...I guess that is what head hunger is. Hope I can hang on without doing too much more damage, Halloween has been a killer, I bought tons of candy and we only had 20 kids at the door. I live in a new home and had no way to tell how many kids to buy for, now the candy is sitting here in a big basket taunting me!

You are not alone by any stretch. I have been a very slow loser but at least I am not gaining and maintaining what I have lost. I struggle with getting enough exercise due to chronic pain and also my cravings for sweets get the better of me sometimes. I recognize this and am working on it daily. From where I was before the band and where I am now is a total different planet. I eat maybe 1/4 of what I used to eat including snacks so that is progress. Just having the band is 50% of the game . The other half is up to us though and sometimes we don't even have control over how our own bodies react to what we eat or don't.

:lb4:

You can do this so don't ever give up.

My papers say that I will only be allowed to eat three meals a day and no snacks and that is all I will need and that is essential for good success. Are all Dr's or centers just different in their eating directions? Right now I'm really just worried about these two upcoming weeks of protein shakes only!!!

I want to second what everyone else here is saying - - DON'T GIVE UP!! Also, just like Lisa and a few others said, its very important that you are 110% honest with yourself about what you are eating and how much you have really changed your lifestyle. I know that I was in the same boat as you a few months back - I was so frustrated because I was not losing. I told myself 'I am eating much better, I am not eating high sugar foods or high fat foods in excess...' etc. Well, in all honesty, I WAS eating that stuff. I was eating ice cream, cookies, cake, etc. I got my first fill almost 2 months after being banded which was my first BIG mistake. By that time, I was almost back up to my banding weight. That was it for me. The moment I stepped on that scale in the Dr. office and saw that I was only a POUND lighter than the day I got my band, I had a startling wake up call. In that moment, the honest to god truth hit me about how I had REALLY been eating and changing my lifestyle. NOTHING had changed - I was still doing the same thing I had prior to getting the band..... and in order to be successful it needed to change.

SO.,.,. my point is, sometimes we convince ourselves that we are doing the right things when in reality we could definitely stand to do way better. Not saying that you aren't eating right or what have you - - some people do all the right things and just lose very slowly. This could very well be you - and if you lose slowly, that is okay too. Its frustrating to be a slow loser - I lose pretty slowly so I know the feeling. I guess maybe just really take an honest look at all the things you are doing and ask yourself if its really a change for the better. If it IS, and its a matter of you losing slowly, then try not to be frustrated and just tell yourself that you WILL succeed. Tell yourself that you are going to reach your goal and that you are a much healthier person. DON'T GIVE UP!!!