Taz's Step Challenge

Jann,

The pedometer is by ACCUSPLIT and it was like $21.99 but that was a few years ago so may have gone up. Here is a link to one w/leash but it is not my model although it looks like a great model! http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/ind...rentPage=search

I was losing them at about 1 every other week or so and even the cheap ones add up then!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna have to do that too because I somehow lost mine today! I put it on this morning and while sitting at my desk realized it has fallen off my pants somewhere. I'm going to keep my eyes to the ground because I haven't really gone anywhere so it's somewhere between my house, car, and the walk from my car to the office. Hopefully I can find it b/c I finally just figured out how to reset the clock on it! :rolleyes:

I'm gonna have to do that too because I somehow lost mine today! I put it on this morning and while sitting at my desk realized it has fallen off my pants somewhere. I'm going to keep my eyes to the ground because I haven't really gone anywhere so it's somewhere between my house, car, and the walk from my car to the office. Hopefully I can find it b/c I finally just figured out how to reset the clock on it! :rolleyes:

Oh man. That's a bummer. Hope you find it. In the meantime... just tick off every step you do in a notebook, and tally it up tonight. *lol* You can work out your hand then too!!!

(Yes I'm kidding)

Taz

Don't forget your local mall. When it rains here, I just go to the mall and do several laps. I know all the secrets to racking up the steps. I love a good competition - only if I can win, that is!! LOL, just kidding.

Not really a fan of the malls. But I get your point. Find places indoors. I am actually hoping to get a semi-regular squash game going, and use that to pick up some steps indoors.

Trying to convince my daughter to get into the sport. She's a great ball of energy which I would love to harness as a squash buddy. And she's at the right age for it too.

Taz

I think you guys convinced me!

I use to have one of them lil do dads but every step I took you could hear it rattle. LOL It made me crazy!!!

I will go buy the Omron and see how it works

Also I was going to give my Ipod to my son for christmas but I think I might need to hang on to it. I hate to walk also but I know I have to get moving doing something. I am a school bus driver and I find myself coming home in the morning and "vegin" which isn't good. I know I need to get moving, so this is it, Im gonna do it..

Thanks

Susan

I think you guys convinced me!

I use to have one of them lil do dads but every step I took you could hear it rattle. LOL It made me crazy!!!

I will go buy the Omron and see how it works

Also I was going to give my Ipod to my son for christmas but I think I might need to hang on to it. I hate to walk also but I know I have to get moving doing something. I am a school bus driver and I find myself coming home in the morning and "vegin" which isn't good. I know I need to get moving, so this is it, Im gonna do it..

Thanks

Susan

Excellent! Glad to hear it. Welcome to the challenge!!!

Definitely don't give away the iPod. Find the right kind of music you like, and let it drive your feet. I find when I am listening to the right music, it just naturally gets me to pick up the tempo and move.

Taz

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I just hope I can find it. It was only $12 bucks but damn I just bought it this week. Wish me luck i'm hoping it fell off in my house this morning.

Oh man. That's a bummer. Hope you find it. In the meantime... just tick off every step you do in a notebook, and tally it up tonight. *lol* You can work out your hand then too!!!

(Yes I'm kidding)

Taz

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I just hope I can find it. It was only $12 bucks but damn I just bought it this week. Wish me luck i'm hoping it fell off in my house this morning.

So did you find your pedometer?

Taz

No dangit! So i'm gonna buy a new one this weekend. I really hope I can find one w/ the little leash thing on it. Sounds like there are some good selections at sporting goods stores so i'm gonna try there. So on Monday hopefully i'll be official!!!

So did you find your pedometer?

Taz

No dangit! So i'm gonna buy a new one this weekend. I really hope I can find one w/ the little leash thing on it. Sounds like there are some good selections at sporting goods stores so i'm gonna try there. So on Monday hopefully i'll be official!!!

Here is a trick that is working for me. Hook the the pedometer INSIDE you pant pocket. That way if it falls off... you don't lose it. I did that on a pair of sweats last night, where I hooked it on the band backwards. While I was running in the rain it did pop off... but landed inside and down my leg, where I could feel it... stop and hook it back up.

Don't get discouraged. Find a pedo that you like and get back at it!!

Taz

The rain has stopped for a bit this morning. Time to go for a hike. Let's see if I can blow past 10,000 steps today.

Why don't you all join me? Let's see if most of us can break 10,000 today!

Taz

I have been chained to my desk since five this morning working on a deadline. The best I can hope for today is 10K when I work out later, if I can work out later. Bah Humbug!

Jann

I did it, my pedometer was at 11,561 when I took it off about 5:30 this evening. Beautiful walk along the patuxent river in scenic Southern Maryland. Y'all should have been there.

Congrats!!!

Even though the rain came heavy this afternoon, I blew past the 10,000 barrier tonight as well (with thanks to my wife who made sure I did). Anyone else?

Taz

Hi Everyone! I'm baaackkk!!

Well, I kept a journal of my daily walks while vacationing, thinking it may encourage me to keepon going forward. Here's my tally:

Thur, 11/6 - 3818 steps

Fri, 11/7 - 5868 steps

Sat, 11/8 - 13,742 (9324 steps in the am and afternoon (at the cattle call) AND 4418 in the evening!)

Sun, 11/9 - 8,976 steps

Mon, 11/10 - 11,510 steps! YES!!!

SO, for a person who HATES walking, this was so cool for me. This was all walking outdoors at the campground we were at, so that was the uniqueness for me.

I also lost a pants size!

I am gong to do Jann's suggestion of doing the walk in home with Leslie Sansone. She has a variety of DVDs to choose from.

YES...I actually did break the 10,000 mark! YIPPEE!!! So, if I can do it ~ YOU CAN DO IT TOO!

WALK ON!!!

Well, I kept a journal of my daily walks while vacationing, thinking it may encourage me to keepon going forward. Here's my tally:

Thur, 11/6 - 3818 steps

Fri, 11/7 - 5868 steps

Sat, 11/8 - 13,742 (9324 steps in the am and afternoon (at the cattle call) AND 4418 in the evening!)

Sun, 11/9 - 8,976 steps

SO, for a person who HATES walking, this was so cool for me. This was all walking outdoors at the campground we were at, so that was the uniqueness for me.

I am gong to do Jann's suggestion of doing the walk in home with Leslie Sansone. She has a variety of DVDs to choose from.

YES...I actually did break the 10,000 mark! YIPPEE!!! So, if I can do it ~ YOU CAN DO IT TOO!

WALK ON!!!

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Almost 14k in one day???? WHOA!!!!!!!!!

What a great job!! And to get up to so many steps when you weren't use to it is fantastic!!!!! You did a great job girl!!!!!

I am so happy for you! You really got moving and got up there very quickly!!! Congratulations on a job VERY WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!! You are fantastic!!!!!!!!!! I KNEW you could and would do it!

Thur, 11/6 - 3818 steps

Fri, 11/7 - 5868 steps

Sun, 11/9 - 8,976 steps

WALK ON!!!

OMG! Look at you go! YAY Jude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jann

OK, I was able to go to Wal Mart and buy another pedometer last night. Let's see if I can make it more than a day without losing this one! :mellow: It has a clasp on it, but I can't seem to figure out where it attaches to the pedometer so i'm working on that, but i've got it on today! I'm not getting a chance to walk much as i've got something going on every night this week, but I am going to a concert tonight so i'll try to do some dancing in the aisles! :D

Next week i'm going to be getting up before work and using my treadmill so I can get some walking in.