Taz's Step Challenge

OK, I was able to go to Wal Mart and buy another pedometer last night. Let's see if I can make it more than a day without losing this one! :mellow: It has a clasp on it, but I can't seem to figure out where it attaches to the pedometer so i'm working on that, but i've got it on today! I'm not getting a chance to walk much as i've got something going on every night this week, but I am going to a concert tonight so i'll try to do some dancing in the aisles! :D

Next week i'm going to be getting up before work and using my treadmill so I can get some walking in.

Nice Shelby! I lost my pedo yesterday AGAIN. I have one left. I have the worst luck with them. Day before yesterday I thought I would get ahead of it and put it on the inside of my jeans. It didn't count one bloody step! It would be an understatement to say I was annoyed! hehe

Jann

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Ramona and Jann! YOU two have me inspired and going the extra 'miles', literally, and that's no pun either! Also, these steps are all on the walk ONLY and all the steps were outdoors waling around the park and out on the streets to and fro the park. I just kept going and going!

I am NOT including my daily routine walks to the loo, around the house, to the car, etc. I wanted an honest to goodness walk miles, from start to finish.

I had to take my Mum to the hospital today for some tests and she was to be 'held' for close to 3 hrs. Well, I planned ahead and walked 11,358 steps today!!! It's amazing...I can't believe me doing this and you know what? IT DIDN'T TAKE ANY EFFORT AT ALL! I don't get it? Why I never thought it was a good thing, I don't know. I am trying to really focus on the positive motivation this is giving me especially losing a size in my pants!! hehehehe! Now, if I can continue to do this daily, this would be awesome...we shall see. I am just so totally JAZZ!

THANK YOU ALL for rooting me on! I was soooo determine to beat my previous day and can almost hear you all, even Taz, saying, "Keep going...you are almost there!!" and I DID IT!!!

Now, to get those Leslie's DVDs! WALK ON!!

Thank you Ramona and Jann! YOU two have me inspired and going the extra 'miles', literally, and that's no pun either! Also, these steps are all on the walk ONLY and all the steps were outdoors waling around the park and out on the streets to and fro the park. I just kept going and going!

I am NOT including my daily routine walks to the loo, around the house, to the car, etc. I wanted an honest to goodness walk miles, from start to finish.

I had to take my Mum to the hospital today for some tests and she was to be 'held' for close to 3 hrs. Well, I planned ahead and walked 11,358 steps today!!! It's amazing...I can't believe me doing this and you know what? IT DIDN'T TAKE ANY EFFORT AT ALL! I don't get it? Why I never thought it was a good thing, I don't know. I am trying to really focus on the positive motivation this is giving me especially losing a size in my pants!! hehehehe! Now, if I can continue to do this daily, this would be awesome...we shall see. I am just so totally JAZZ!

THANK YOU ALL for rooting me on! I was soooo determine to beat my previous day and can almost hear you all, even Taz, saying, "Keep going...you are almost there!!" and I DID IT!!!

Sweetie, put that sucker on when you get up in the morning and don't take it off until you go to bed!!!! The average of 10,000 steps per day according to the AHA for good heart health includes EVERY waking moment! You deserve to count ALL the steps you take and that is most likely how everyone else does it. So keep it on all day and you will see how quickly you get to 15k and blow me out of the water!!!

That is so awesome, Jude! From baby steps to "there's no stopping her now". The inches will melt off for sure!

Hugs! and "Keep going...you are almost there!!"

Jann

Hi Everyone! I'm baaackkk!!

Well, I kept a journal of my daily walks while vacationing, thinking it may encourage me to keepon going forward. Here's my tally:

Thur, 11/6 - 3818 steps

Fri, 11/7 - 5868 steps

Sat, 11/8 - 13,742 (9324 steps in the am and afternoon (at the cattle call) AND 4418 in the evening!)

Sun, 11/9 - 8,976 steps

Mon, 11/10 - 11,510 steps! YES!!!

SO, for a person who HATES walking, this was so cool for me. This was all walking outdoors at the campground we were at, so that was the uniqueness for me.

I also lost a pants size!

I am gong to do Jann's suggestion of doing the walk in home with Leslie Sansone. She has a variety of DVDs to choose from.

YES...I actually did break the 10,000 mark! YIPPEE!!! So, if I can do it ~ YOU CAN DO IT TOO!

WALK ON!!!

Way to go! Thank you so much for sharing. And for keeping up with the challenge. You are doing great!!

Taz

OK, I was able to go to Wal Mart and buy another pedometer last night. Let's see if I can make it more than a day without losing this one! :mellow: It has a clasp on it, but I can't seem to figure out where it attaches to the pedometer so i'm working on that, but i've got it on today! I'm not getting a chance to walk much as i've got something going on every night this week, but I am going to a concert tonight so i'll try to do some dancing in the aisles! :D

Next week i'm going to be getting up before work and using my treadmill so I can get some walking in.

Awesome news. Way to stay commmited and pick up another one. Good luck with the treadmill work this week!

Taz

Sweetie, put that sucker on when you get up in the morning and don't take it off until you go to bed!!!! The average of 10,000 steps per day according to the AHA for good heart health includes EVERY waking moment! You deserve to count ALL the steps you take and that is most likely how everyone else does it. So keep it on all day and you will see how quickly you get to 15k and blow me out of the water!!!

Very good point Mona. Moving is moving. Count every step. I know on my pedometer, it shows full daily count plus your most recent "steady" activity. So you can always keep your daily count, and then track your actual walking steps as you need to. Check to see if your pedometer has that feature.

Taz

Hi Taz!

Yes Sir...I have the same pedometer as you have, which you suggested. I just don't wear it all the time. Only when I start my walks.

Thanks Taz for this challenge...it's awesome to see me just "GO"! I almost reached 13,000 steps today! Thanks for recognizing us on our challenges Taz...it makes it all the worth while!!

Hi Taz!

Yes Sir...I have the same pedometer as you have, which you suggested. I just don't wear it all the time. Only when I start my walks.

Thanks Taz for this challenge...it's awesome to see me just "GO"! I almost reached 13,000 steps today! Thanks for recognizing us on our challenges Taz...it makes it all the worth while!!

Hey, you're doing all the work. Well, for your challenge atleast. I think its great to motivate each other and drive each other's success. The pedometer, like the band, is only a tool. You got to be motivated and driven to make it succeed. You are doing awesome... and you should be proud.

I already have an idea for next month's challenge. But its a secret until Dec 1st :-)

Taz

Hey, you're doing all the work. Well, for your challenge atleast. I think its great to motivate each other and drive each other's success. The pedometer, like the band, is only a tool. You got to be motivated and driven to make it succeed. You are doing awesome... and you should be proud.

I already have an idea for next month's challenge. But its a secret until Dec 1st :-)

Taz

Yay! A new challenge. I just ordered a new pedo from Amazon. Omron with tracking software and a kiddy mitten string! Can't wait!

Jann

OK apparently God doesn't want me to have a pedometer! :wacko: So mine was working great last night. When I went to bed I had racked up almost 9,000 steps and that was with sitting behind my desk most of the day. Then, this morning I woke up and it won't work! I have the manual at home so i'll try to bring it to work with me tomorrow and figure it all out. Damnit, i'm gonna be in this challenge! :D

OK apparently God doesn't want me to have a pedometer! :wacko: So mine was working great last night. When I went to bed I had racked up almost 9,000 steps and that was with sitting behind my desk most of the day. Then, this morning I woke up and it won't work! I have the manual at home so i'll try to bring it to work with me tomorrow and figure it all out. Damnit, i'm gonna be in this challenge! :D

LOL

Man you have bad luck don't you? Don't give up. Keep at it! See if the store will take it back. It's only a few days old... should be under warranty.

Taz

AWESOME Jann...dang girl ~ you go!! So, what's the difference between the 'exercise' and 'walking' miles?

I was only able to get to 11,789 steps. Today was my first time around the neighborhood block and I really chose a steep street on my way home route that really just killed me. I was huffing and puffing and cursing myself for this route, I kid you not! BUT, the greatest NSV for me was...I NEVER STOPPED FOR A REST! I was so proud of myself for this huge accomplishment! I just kept going and thinking of all of you doing your steps, and it kept me going forward. YOU guys are my inspirations!!!! Taz, you really pushed the right button for me on the exercise 'program' I needed to do! I will never forget you with this challenge and future ones.

So, Taz...can you give us a small hint as to what the new challenge going to be on Dec 1?? Just a tad hint?

WALK ON!!!

AWESOME Jann...dang girl ~ you go!! So, what's the difference between the 'exercise' and 'walking' miles?

I was only able to get to 11,789 steps. Today was my first time around the neighborhood block and I really chose a steep street on my way home route that really just killed me. I was huffing and puffing and cursing myself for this route, I kid you not! BUT, the greatest NSV for me was...I NEVER STOPPED FOR A REST! I was so proud of myself for this huge accomplishment! I just kept going and thinking of all of you doing your steps, and it kept me going forward. YOU guys are my inspirations!!!! Taz, you really pushed the right button for me on the exercise 'program' I needed to do! I will never forget you with this challenge and future ones.

So, Taz...can you give us a small hint as to what the new challenge going to be on Dec 1?? Just a tad hint?

WALK ON!!!

Only able? Sheesh! That's awesome, Jude! Don't minimize your good work. The difference between my ticker "exercise" miles and walking miles is simply "exercise" miles are Leslie dvd miles specifically. For the most part I do five miles per day in dvds which gives me my base 10K, the rest is just normal walking around.

Jann

Now come on, what fun is that? :-)

Oh, ok. The next challenge will help to make walking fun for those that just don't like the mundane of walking on the sidewalk, or even down the beaten path. And for those bandsters with families, this challenge will get everyone involved. And trust me... they might actually enjoy it without realizing they're exercising!!

You'll have to wait until Dec 1st to get the full story. But its just in time to help battle the holiday pounds.

Taz

AH!!! Sounds really interesting! Getting the family together, eh? I will just have to get the other Fishell Family bandsters together!!!

Is it Dec 1st yet?

Nope. Not for another couple of weeks. You still have time to continue to BLOW thise challenge out of the water. Wanna make it more challenging?

Let's see who will blow past 20,000 steps this weekend!

Taz

AW GEEZ! And here I was coming on here to say that I am averaging between 3 TO 5 miles a day! HOO RAH!! I am now walking this darn STEEP hill with anywhere between 5% to 8% grade climbing up towards my home. THAT is a challenge to me!l NOW you are really killing me with this new added 'bonus'.

Literally, I am really jazz about this! HA!...and to think I actually hated to walk! It's now interesting, to say the least. OK...you will hear from me on Monday with my progress.

WE CAN DO THIS! WALK ON!!!!

Does that mean 20k in one day or for the whole weekend?

Yes. :)

I was thinking 20K in one day. However, I think we can all agree two days of 10K+ isn't anything to be disappointed with! So choose your poison. Or see if you can do 20K one day.. and 10K the other ;-)

The idea here is to blow past whatever barrier you currently have. I am getting to 10K a day on weekends. So I am going to drive past that. YMMV.

Taz

Yes. :)

I was thinking 20K in one day. However, I think we can all agree two days of 10K+ isn't anything to be disappointed with! So choose your poison. Or see if you can do 20K one day.. and 10K the other ;-)

The idea here is to blow past whatever barrier you currently have. I am getting to 10K a day on weekends. So I am going to drive past that. YMMV.

Taz

Okee Dokee. I've been getting somewhere between 10K to 14K per day anyway so I will aim for more!! But I am stuck at work today for OT. YUCK!!!!

YAY! I did it!

Did five miles at five this morning - Five Day Slim Down, another five miles at two this afternoon -- 5 Mile Advanced Walk, did 30 minutes of TaeBo Elite Bootcamp, Session One (gonna be a long while before I can master this one for sure) and 30 minutes of Jillian Michaels' For Beginners FrontSide (also gonna be a long time before I master this one). I did the second five mile advanced walk because I know for sure I can do those!

So, that would be:

5 miles - 10K

5 miles - 10K

Non walking exercise translation to miles per Leslie Sansone -- 15 minutes=1 mile, 30 minutes=2 miles, and 45 minutes=3 miles.

30 minutes workout - TaeBo - 2 miles

30 minute workout - Jillian = 2 miles

That makes today's total 24K. I didn't include regular walking around because yet again I've lost the damned pedo. I just bought them like two weeks ago, and in pairs no less! Sheesh!

Jann

I guess everyone in the challenge is out there walking! Today I did my Five Mile Advance so 10K and walked two malls (Christmas shopping) between one o'clock and six o'clock so five hours of walking. I have no idea what that equates to because I have no pedo. The new one hasn't arrived yet. Bah Humbug!

Jann