December Surgery Patients

• 1 year later...

Dec 13 A little anxious. I dont want to feal like a fool. All the $$$ and everything. I am also worried about the post op diet. Any ideas to keep me fealing healthy and not starving while healing.... And how long do we stay on the differnt post op phases?

Dec 13 A little anxious. I dont want to feal like a fool. All the $$$ and everything. I am also worried about the post op diet. Any ideas to keep me fealing healthy and not starving while healing.... And how long do we stay on the differnt post op phases?

I am scheduled on December 6th and incredibly am not nervous or scared, but am very calm and excited. I know I am in the best hands out there and am ready to start my new life.

Donna

I am scheduled for December 14 and am very excited. I will begin my pre-op diet tomorrow. Spent a couple hours today shopping. I am ready to start my new life. I am so excited I just can't stand it.

I know we will all be glad when it is over and we can embark on our new journey.

Ok December surgery patients - I know you're out there :)
I have my surgery scheduled for December 7th. I'm very excited! I can't wait to begin my new journey into a slimmer person. I've been overweight for 25 years and now I have a chance to change my life for the better...I would love to have someone to email and share their experiences with.

My surgery is scheduled for December 17th. I am driving down from St. George, Utah. I can't wait to shed all of these extra pounds. I have been overweight my whole life and now I am a grandma and I have too much to live for. I have to lose weight so I can be with my family. Is there anyone out there from my part of the world?

Julie

Good luck on your surgery!!! I was banded in June 07 and have lost 51 pounds so far. It is the best thing that I have ever done. Keep in touch and tell me how you do.

Rhonda Gabriel

I'm scheduled for surgery on the 12th. I'm very nervous about having the surgery, but very excited my future looking and feeling better. I've read that being nervous is normal, but it isn't a good feeling.

Well, I did it. I drove down yesterday and was banded by 3 pm. It was no big deal just as I thought. Everything about Dr. Ortiz' clinic is true. Very clean, state of the art, wonderful staff. I came down alone and everyone thought that I was crazy. I am completely comfortable being her alone. The post op pain is mild, more like a soreness. It was a little hard to sleep because of the gas pains. One of the nurses came in and gave me a massage on my back and it helped so much. Other than that, I don't feel any different than yestrerday. I have been roaming the halls with my paper underwear and gown, just taking it easy. I can't feel that there is an object in my stomach. I am having no prblems with water, juice and broth. Anyone who is nervous about Dr. Ortiz or his clinic, don't worry a bit. You are in great hands. BTW, Dr. Ortiz is HOT and he knows it too. ;)

Had my surgery on Thursday and here it is on Saturday and I am doing really well other than the nasty gas pains. Walked my butt off yesterday and did some Christmas shopping while I was down here. The Doctors were so pleasant and comforting. I was very pleased with my care at the clinic they take care of every need. I am a big baby so this is important to me! Going home today to show off my scars!

Donna

I am scheduled for surgery at 12pm on Wednesday the 19th of Dec. I am very excited to get this waiting over with but starting to get nervous that I am doing the right thing. I am going to DePaul Hospital in MO, has anyone else gone there??

I like reading these sites of people that have already had it done. It helps me I think to know what to expect. I actually watched the surgery on a website called

www.or-live.com It was pretty amazing. Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences. =D>

Had my surgery Dec 4th, I was very impressed with the entire experience. The hospital and staff was top notch (better then when i had my boobs done in Beverly hills)....I was up and walking 1hr after surgery, it's been a week and it's been smooth sailing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!