JANUARY SURGERIES AND FILLS

Good Luck with your banding, please let me know how it goes I will be banded on the 13

Thank you, I am leaving in the morning and will be at OCC by 8am. This is the first day its really set in that this is actually happening. I will have my laptop and will post if I can after surgery.

:D

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's New Years Eve, you've just stepped on your scale and you're in shock. Thanksgiving,,,,, Christmas,,,,, everyone at your work place has brought in tons of holiday goodies, you've been to several holiday parties, the holiday foods are just awesome.... But, the scale doesn't lie,, you've put on more weight than ever.... You're pounding your head against the wall,, asking yourself,, what are we going to do? We go to the Internet, we go to our doctors, we know someone that's taken control of their weight problem, we ask for advise, we make a decision, we decide to be lapbanded. It's a new year,, It's a time to take control,, You've scheduled your lapband surgery,, YOU'RE NOT ALONE!! Here at the Lapband Forum you'll meet new freinds for life, all going through the same thing or have been in your shoes. This is the place to get support and advise from your new lapband friends. So don't be shy, you're always welcome here. So lets hear it from all of you that have scheduled your surgery or fill in the month of January.

Hi,

I'm scheduled to go for my 1st fill on 01/05/09 to OCC. I would like some advise on what I need to do or not do before my fill. I leave on Monday morning and come back to Vegas on Monday evening. I'm afraid that something might be wrong because I have absolutely no restrictions even though I feel great. No pain, no vomiting. I had my lapband on 11/07/08 and started with 192 lbs. I'm at 173 lbs now. I hope you can give me some tips. Do you know who does the fills at OCC? Hope to hear from you.

Thanks

I'm a little nervous, but I think more excited, and just ready to get started on my new life. Oh, and just really want to be done with the pre-op diet!

ckiki,

I definitely want to be done with the preop diet too. like I said in my other post, im PMSing right now which means im retaining water!! Im starving all day and scale isnt moving and im getting so frustrated, I hope they understand!

by the way, when I gave my pre-op weight, it was done in my underwear only. Will they weigh us with clothes on? I just thought of that, clothes will surely add a couple of pounds. Great

My surgery is at the end of month. I'm going to begin my pre-op diet Monday. I too am PMS'ing so I'm sure the first few days of my diet aren't going to go so well. Honestly, I'm more afraid of the flight to the clinic than I am the surgery! I HATE to fly!!!!

Good luck to everyone who are about to have the surgery!! What a start to the New Year!! =D>

Hi JennHB I am going on Jan. 2nd also. I can't wait. I am flying into SanDiego on the morning of the surgery. I am excited, have you started you pre-op diet yet? And what are you doing. Wow talk about a New Years Resolution.... no backing out this time. Please feel free to PM me.

Hi JennHB, how did things go for you I will be bnded on the 13th I have never been to this place before and just wondering how things went for you

thanks janet

Magnolia- I am in the same boat! I HATE HATE HATE Flying! I have flown into San Diego once before and it was no biggie but I still hate it, ugh!

I am SO frustrated with this diet! It sucks! I am also just getting over my TOM and I lost 4 lbs right off but now it is fluctuating back and forth by a pound every day but not going below and I am about ready to throw my scale out the window! And I am SO hungry!!

I hope they understand if I don't make it to the required 12 lbs, I hope to be at least 239 before surgery but I am a little worried with 5 lbs to get there that I am not going to make it... So frustrating.

Looking forward to meeting a couple of you there though!

I have been PMS'ing too, but I have been doing a ton of cardio at the gym, and also taking long walks with my dog and my daughter at night, and have had no cravings (like I normally would have while PMS'ing) except for that first day. So far, I am down 5 lbs, I don't know if I will lose that 15 that they want me too, but hopefully they'll still do the surgery.

I am also worried about weighing in, because I have been doing it naked..lol. Also, you know how all scales seem to be different..ugh..that makes me a little nervous!

Yeah I have been trying to do the weighing in with my pj's on just because I figured that they would weigh with clothes on, plus it will probably be a little later in the morning that I get weighed and I always weigh less in the early morning than in the afternoon... I am feeling really bummed today for some reason. I should be really excited but I think I have other things on my mind than trying to diet today, but I am doing good and not cheating though. Only a few more days until I am banded and that makes me very happy!

Hey everyone! Just thought I would check in and see who is being banded this week and wish you all good luck! It really is a breeze, so relax. The OCC is so wonderful and before you know it you will be going back to the hotel. By the way, they do weigh you in your clothes. That was the first thing Dr. Miranda had me do when I walked in her office. I did get to take off my shoes (wear slip ons- hehe)

Well I ended up cheating last night, I felt a little guilty but I heard a lot of people can't have rice after surgery so I wanted Teryaki with sticky rice once more before hand. I felt bad but I got on the scale this morning and I am down another 1/2 lb. Wish it was more but I did cheat...

I also started to get really nervous last night I guess I just realized that I am leaving in like 3 days and I am nervous to leave my baby and to fly and to go to TJ and all this stuff so needless to say, I didn't sleep much last night!

I am having my "last meal" tomorrow night which will consist of rice and chicken cooked on a grill at a Japanese Restaurant. I need to get my fill in, incase I can't have it later. I decided to do my last meal tomorrow night so it's not just sitting there in my stomach on Thursday. That way Wed I can eat really lite and hopefully drop a pound or two.

Today, was the first day...I got really nervous, to the point that I was making myself sick thinking about it. I was thinking about what if something goes wrong, do I really want to do this, etc...I was freaking myself out. I am ok now, thank goodness.

I can't believe only a few more days..ahh!!

Oh my gosh, me too! Ive been freaking out all day - Ive been so nervous - Ive been second-guessing this whole thing, Ive been thinking my trouble with the airlines, etc was a "sign" that im not supposed to do this!

I am hoping this is just "cold feet" lol... its really starting to hit me now - my life is going to change dramatically!!!

I am having my "last meal" tomorrow night which will consist of rice and chicken cooked on a grill at a Japanese Restaurant. I need to get my fill in, incase I can't have it later. I decided to do my last meal tomorrow night so it's not just sitting there in my stomach on Thursday. That way Wed I can eat really lite and hopefully drop a pound or two.

Today, was the first day...I got really nervous, to the point that I was making myself sick thinking about it. I was thinking about what if something goes wrong, do I really want to do this, etc...I was freaking myself out. I am ok now, thank goodness.

I can't believe only a few more days..ahh!!

I get banded next week, after you are banded are you going to try and tell how it went? I sure would like to hear from you

I get banded next week, after you are banded are you going to try and tell how it went? I sure would like to hear from you

That's awesome!! And yes, I will be bringing my laptop, so I hope to get on here and tell about my experience :)

ckiki,

I definitely want to be done with the preop diet too. like I said in my other post, im PMSing right now which means im retaining water!! Im starving all day and scale isnt moving and im getting so frustrated, I hope they understand!

by the way, when I gave my pre-op weight, it was done in my underwear only. Will they weigh us with clothes on? I just thought of that, clothes will surely add a couple of pounds. Great

They weighed me with my clothes on.

Hi All

I'll be having an adjustment on Saturday and then will hang around the lucerna for the day.Hopefully I'll meet some of you.

I am assuming you mean Jan. 10th for your adjustment. I will be there Sat. for my 1st fill. I too will probably just be hanging out at the Lucerna for the day. I am too chicken to go shopping by myself. Hopefully I will see you there.

Kimberly Parris

I just wanted to say good luck to those of you going in this month to be banded. It really is easier than you think. I too had doubts and was turning into a chicken -= but am so glad I went through with it!

Thank you!! I was a ball of nerves yesterday, but after looking at a bunch of OCC youtube videos, my mind is at ease. Now I just think I am nervous to meet Dr. Ortiz, because he is just gorgeous :P

I am assuming you mean Jan. 10th for your adjustment. I will be there Sat. for my 1st fill. I too will probably just be hanging out at the Lucerna for the day. I am too chicken to go shopping by myself. Hopefully I will see you there.

Kimberly Parris

Sounds good to me Kim. When is your appt?

That's awesome!! And yes, I will be bringing my laptop, so I hope to get on here and tell about my experience :)

Just to let you know, both the clinic and the hotel have computers for you to use. Just ask. I used the one at the clinic, which is by the nurse's station.

We all would LOVE to hear how all you are doing...good luck ladies! The surgery is a piece of cake! Just remember to sip, sip, sip and WALK, WALK, WALK. The more you walk, the more you will get rid of those gas bubbles in you. I walked up and down the hallways, every 2 hours. TRUST ME...this was the vest thing I did to relieve any pain later on!

Enjoy your stay!

sawdawg...I've got my eyes on you! I can't wait until you are banded! You are in GOOD hands there at OCC! AWESOME people and the everyone is soooo helpful! Also, when you get the chance after surgery, get everyone's email and ph #s, so you can keep in touch with your 'band buddies'.

Keep in touch babe! I will keep the computer on that night and see if you come on! Good luck...Jude :D