JANUARY SURGERIES AND FILLS

I am such a ball of nerves today!

First we found out that with a bunch of rain in the mountain passes they closed them all until further notice because of avalanches and mudslides. This would not be a big deal for me except for the fact that my mom lives on the other side and was supposed to come over here to babysit my daughter while we are gone. My sister is near us and is going to take great care of her even if my mom can't make it but I am totally freaking out about it!

I have also not lost much weight, I was supposed to loose 12 lbs and I am only down about 5. I guess I just had too many "last time I can ever eat this" meals. I hope I don't get postponed.

I am also really excited though, for the first time in my life what is on the inside is going to be visible on the outside and I am beyond ecstatic. I am not worried about post op diet at all because I am in a wedding at the end of the month and want to look smokin for it!

Ok, so I wish all of you getting banded this week and next good luck and I will be sure to make use of the internet down there and update everyone.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooo...the clinic just called me, and now they can't pick me up at the border until 10:15 am tomorrow..grrrr! I am not very happy about this, because now I am going to be one of the last (if not THE last) to be banded, and I am driving in, and will probably run into tons of traffic.

sawdawg...I've got my eyes on you! I can't wait until you are banded! You are in GOOD hands there at OCC! AWESOME people and the everyone is soooo helpful! Also, when you get the chance after surgery, get everyone's email and ph #s, so you can keep in touch with your 'band buddies'.

Keep in touch babe! I will keep the computer on that night and see if you come on! Good luck...Jude :D

Hey Jude,

They changed My surgery date to Mon the 12th One day early. After surgery I will be at my moms for a day or two, But I will be online so I will let you konw

How things are going

:D:D

:mellow: My date is Jan 12th. I am having some anxiety. I am a little worried about my relationship with food, knowing how much I love to eat. I fear that I may have cravings that are unsatisfied, once I am banded. I think I need to explore more what food really means to me. I am also a little worried about the hunger that I expect the first 30 days. I don't worry about fluid drinking restrictions, such as during meals and so on, but do think I will miss having an occasional glass of champagne. Also, I have never been a water drinker, and know that this will take a huge effort on my part. Not to sound like a whiner, but I want to be in emotionally good shape before this surgery.

hello, i am new to forum - had surgery by Dr. Martinez in Dr. Ortiz office - went back to hotel and spent the night same day as sugery, did not need pain pills at all.

my 19 year old daughter and i went shopping all day today. i too was worried about food, still am a bit, however the stress and burden i felt

about not doing anything to correct my problem was worse

i am excited about my new journey and hope you do as well as i have.

even though it has only been a 1 day. the simple fact that i have taken the 1st step to a new self image has made me feel better about myself

best of luck...

Hey Jude,

They changed My surgery date to Mon the 12th One day early. After surgery I will be at my moms for a day or two, But I will be online so I will let you konw

How things are going

GREAT ~ the sooner the better! When you get to your Mum'd, call me and we can meet up! YAY!

:D:D

hello, i am new to forum - had surgery by Dr. Martinez in Dr. Ortiz office - went back to hotel and spent the night same day as sugery, did not need pain pills at all.

my 19 year old daughter and i went shopping all day today. i too was worried about food, still am a bit, however the stress and burden i felt

about not doing anything to correct my problem was worse

i am excited about my new journey and hope you do as well as i have.

even though it has only been a 1 day. the simple fact that i have taken the 1st step to a new self image has made me feel better about myself

best of luck...

Congrats LaWanda and WELCOME to Bandland! You will do great with that positive attitude. Keep us posted on your journey and if you have any questions or concerns, shout it out!

I am such a ball of nerves today!

First we found out that with a bunch of rain in the mountain passes they closed them all until further notice because of avalanches and mudslides. This would not be a big deal for me except for the fact that my mom lives on the other side and was supposed to come over here to babysit my daughter while we are gone. My sister is near us and is going to take great care of her even if my mom can't make it but I am totally freaking out about it!

I have also not lost much weight, I was supposed to loose 12 lbs and I am only down about 5. I guess I just had too many "last time I can ever eat this" meals. I hope I don't get postponed.

I am also really excited though, for the first time in my life what is on the inside is going to be visible on the outside and I am beyond ecstatic. I am not worried about post op diet at all because I am in a wedding at the end of the month and want to look smokin for it!

Ok, so I wish all of you getting banded this week and next good luck and I will be sure to make use of the internet down there and update everyone.

Good Luck Samantha,

Yep one thing that the weather isn't in Washington in the winter is boring huh :)

I am sure everything will be just fine. Hope you and your husband have a great time down there.

Chris

:rolleyes: My fill date is Monday. I have the normal fears and concerns, but overall, I am SOOO ready for this. I can't do it alone. I am more afraid of what will happen if I don't get this done. Jan. 12, here I come! Sandra

I will be there on the 12 thats the day I will be banded hope to see you

Got banded today about 12! I am doing fairly well, the doctor let a few of us head back to the hotel tonight which is really nice because now I don't have to spend the night away from my hubby! I am feeling really sore around my abdomen but other than that I am not having any shoulder pain. yet that is. My husband and I are going to be heading back to San Diego tomorrow and spend the night with friends since we are pretty bored hanging out here at the hotel.

The whole process was a LOT easier than I thought it would be and I am totally happy with the OCC and Dr. Ortiz and staff, great experience. Now begins the real work! YAY!!!

Got banded today about 12! I am doing fairly well, the doctor let a few of us head back to the hotel tonight which is really nice because now I don't have to spend the night away from my hubby! I am feeling really sore around my abdomen but other than that I am not having any shoulder pain. yet that is. My husband and I are going to be heading back to San Diego tomorrow and spend the night with friends since we are pretty bored hanging out here at the hotel.

The whole process was a LOT easier than I thought it would be and I am totally happy with the OCC and Dr. Ortiz and staff, great experience. Now begins the real work! YAY!!!

Thanks for let us hear from you I will be banded on monday and I 'am kind a scared when do you go to mexico and tomorrow you are going back to san diego

so they dont make you stay for 3 days could of you left today to go to san diego

We flew in yesterday morning and got to OCC about 11 for pre-ops then went to the Lucerna and spent the night relaxing and watching movies on HBO. Then we went back to OCC at 7 this morning and my surgery was at 12. I was feeling pretty well so they told me that I could go back to the hotel tonight at about 6:30. I couldn't have gone to San Diego tonight though and I am in quite a bit of pain so I probably could have gotten some better drugs for the night at the clinic if I had stayed, oh well at least I can be with my hubby and he's doing great taking care of me!

Good luck on Monday, it is a piece of cake!

Samantha

We flew in yesterday morning and got to OCC about 11 for pre-ops then went to the Lucerna and spent the night relaxing and watching movies on HBO. Then we went back to OCC at 7 this morning and my surgery was at 12. I was feeling pretty well so they told me that I could go back to the hotel tonight at about 6:30. I couldn't have gone to San Diego tonight though and I am in quite a bit of pain so I probably could have gotten some better drugs for the night at the clinic if I had stayed, oh well at least I can be with my hubby and he's doing great taking care of me!

Good luck on Monday, it is a piece of cake!

Samantha

Glad to hear everything went ok for you. Too bad about your pain. It will get better.

LET THE JOURNEY BEGIN!!!!!!!!

Did you lose all the weight that you were suppose to? I getting real scared that I will go in the morining and they say sorry we cant do the surgery You did not lose the weight

sawdawg,

I did not lose all of my required weight. I was on my period at the time of surgery so they didnt say anything about my weight. I know when I first scheduled surgery, they just told me to "do my best" to lose the weigh due to the holidays.

Good luck :)

I didn't lose all the weight either. I was supposed to lose 15 lbs, and only lost 7. Dr. Miranda wasn't very happy about that, but I told her I had been on my period. Her concern was that the 7 lbs was only water weight and no fat, which was probably the case.

Hello To All

Well, I am have made it through day 6 and other than being sore when I bend over have no pain at all.

The OCC is AWSOME for those approching their date and the Hotel Lucirna (not sure if spedlled right) treated us like royalty. ANYTHING you want to know about area, where to go, what to do, just ask, they will tell you.

I had a hard time last night with craving something other than watered down juice, broth and a little yogurt. The broth just did not do the trick, I took some veg. soup and strained the juice off and drank that. Seemed to do the trick, satified my taste buds without messing up my liquid diet.

They said at the clinic clear liquid 3 - 7 days - on day four start liquid yogurt, since yogurt is not clear, thought adding one cup of drained veg. soup would not hurt.

If I am wrong please let me know.

Earlier today I had planned to go to the OCC for my first fill, I thought it was included in price of surgery and would only cost flight, I am not sure why I thought that but I was wrong. I found the post about new prices for fills. To get picked up at airport, taken to OCC for fill and back to hotel for 1 night and back to airport next day will be almost 300.00 plus a 6 hour 400.00 flight.

Instead I have given it alot of thought and going to try Dr Jay that Dana talked about in her post located in Dallas TX can fly in and land at 930 am and fly back home that night at 730 pm plus it is only a 2 hour flight instead of 6 so I will save over 400.00 which will pay for my 2nd fill.

I think this is a good choice, if anyone has any reason they think it is not please let me know.

I respect the opinion of those who have already gone through all this...

thanks for the input

LaWanda

Oh, Today is the first day that it has hit me, what am I doing? I fell sick to my stomach. I am trying to take this one hour at a time. I have 4 more hours at work and then I am going for a Pedicure and 2 1/2 weeks recovery/vacation. I hope I will be able to relax there.

I'm packing tonight for trip. I will be staying in Edmonton at my Parents for 2 1/2 weeks. My mom and I fly out on Wednesday, surgery on Friday and back home Sunday. To tell you the truth I just want this to be over with already my anxiety is killing me. I know I will be fine I have been ready the posts here for the past few days from the ladies that had their surgery last week. It is making me feel more at ease. I don't think it is the surgery that I am nervous about I think it is just the whole picture, everything.

AWWW, Im going for a walk to try to calm my nervous.

Thanks for letting me rant a little,

Jenelle 4 more days!

Hi everybody Im still at Occ but the Surgery is over now and I want to thank eveyone for helping me get to that place

Dr Oritz was wonderful and Everyone here has taken real good of me :lol::lol::lol:

Jnlebean - Try not to stress too much, the surgery itself is a piece of cake! I never even really felt like I was in Mexico except when I was outside trying not to get run over! Just make sure to follow all the instructions and you'll be doing great! Quite a few of us were even able to go back to the hotel the day we had the surgery because we were feeling so good they didn't make us stay overnight.

Congratulations Sawdawg!

On another note, I am still in quite a bit of discomfort here on day 4. My gas is not going away and it comes in these horrible waves, ick! Hope everyone else who was banded last week is doing ok. I just started to feel some hunger today so I had a little bit of a liquid yogurt and it helped a lot. I am excited to start having creamy soups. It's funny I didn't think I would miss the food but sitting here while my hubby is eating teryaki next to me is like pure torture even though I made him get something from the menu that I don't even like!

:D

sooo good to know i am not the only one who misses the taste of food, i am not hungry, just crave the taste.

i find myself repeating over and over.... short term sacrifice for long term gain.....

i have preached it to my 19 year old daughter over and over (although it has always been getting her education and good job vs partying with friends and having a good time )

now it is time to take my own advice... make a short term sacrifice for a long term gain.... me and my health

tomarrow marks 1 week and i am hanging in there

I have been using the chewable anti gas "gum" and it helped a ton... they call it gum but it just dissolves to nothing

hope it may help you with gas pains

Hi everybody Im still at Occ but the Surgery is over now and I want to thank eveyone for helping me get to that place

Dr Oritz was wonderful and Everyone here has taken real good of me

That is so wonderful that you finally had your surgery. Enjoy your time at the OCC, they are awesome!!

Well how have the rest of the Jan surgeries gone?

I'm doing real good this is the frist day I could have soup and I had 1/2 cup can't believe Im full way full. It really was good I think I can have pudding but

not sure this is all so new I"m afraid of doing something wrong so I wait and Keep reading the forum to find out things. So glad everybody shares there

story and how it worked for them

How are ou doing good I hope