JANUARY SURGERIES AND FILLS

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats great! I was so excited for the soup stage and now I am soo tired of soup lol But like you, just a little gets me really full.

Good luck on the rest of the journey- i am about half way to the solid stage

I hear ya on the soups. They are getting REAL old!!! lol My first meal is going to be scrambled eggs...and I cannot wait! I think I am going to go in work late next Thursday, just so I can eat, and make sure it goes down ok..lol

I have never craved meat before but oh man all I want right now is MEAT!! Any time I see a commercial with meat on it I start salivating! lol! I haven't decided what my first meal is going to be but probably something like an egg and a morningstar sausage patty!

Good luck ladies!

I have never craved meat before but oh man all I want right now is MEAT!! Any time I see a commercial with meat on it I start salivating! lol! I haven't decided what my first meal is going to be but probably something like an egg and a morningstar sausage patty!

Good luck ladies!

Too funny..lol. That's like I don't even like steak, but the one my mom made the other night spend like the best thing in the world.

Today, has been rough for me, I can't stop thinking about food, and every commercial on tv is a food commercial..lol.

Same here! I keep seeing hot dogs everywhere and all I want is a hot dog with ketchup! I don't even care about the bun, just the hot dog!

I made the Chicken Tortilla soup from the recipes forum tonight though and added a few things to it and it turned out soooo good! Like a liquid taco is what my husband called it!

Yeah, I wrote down that recipe, but I am so afraid to try it, since the tomato soup and broccoli cheese soup didn't sit well. I am afraid the enchilada sauce might upset my stomach. However, I am getting desperate and may have to just try it. I made a can of chicken noodle today, and just strained the noodles and chicken out, and the liquid was really good, so much better than just broth.

I actually did that during the broth phase because I got so sick of the broth it tasted so gross and at least the chicken noodle broth was a little better tasting! I was a little worried about the enchilada sauce so I just got the mild kind and did just fine!

Oh ok, yeah maybe I will try the mild one. I saw in the recipe post you posted about the soup and how you added shredded cheese to it. Did the cheese melt?

I was banded at OCC on 1-6-09

I was sooo sick of soup pudding and yogurt, I wanted "REAL FOOD"

I messed up today and hope 1 cheat does not mess up my healing. My husband and daughter had fried chicken tonight, I took some of the breast meat and chewed it until it was like paste... I ate almost the whole breast b4 I realized I ate that much. :(

I am sooo upset with myself now. The more healed I am the more it seems to take to keep me from being hungery. I am learning to understand the diff between the hunger and just wanting something, I am really hungery, or at least I think I am....

I have been doing good until today and I just seemed to have no self control today. No reason why that I am aware of...

I will read the message boards for more ideas on something new to eat to get through this last week or so

On a side note, I invested in the bodybugg, I will let everyone know how it works out when I get it set up and start using it. I hope it really works as well as it is supposed to.

Hi Ckiki, Have you made your appointment for your first fill at occ ?

Hi!!! :) How are you doing on your post-op? Yes, I did make my appointment. I am having it done at the OCC on Feb 20th, they are picking me up at the border at 8:30 am. Then my daughter and I are going to Sea World for the day (she is ditching school..lol) So it should be fun. Did you make your appt yet?

LaWanda,

Dont be too hard on yourself. I ate 2 potatoes bites out of my potato soup the other night - they went down fine - I was watching tv and didnt even realize i did it until it was too late

I am sure you will be fine - I cant wait for the soup to be over - I want scrambled eggs too - ive been craving them with cheese -

Hi!!! :) How are you doing on your post-op? Yes, I did make my appointment. I am having it done at the OCC on Feb 20th, they are picking me up at the border at 8:30 am. Then my daughter and I are going to Sea World for the day (she is ditching school..lol) So it should be fun. Did you make your appt yet?

This whole soup thing is already gettin old but I can hang in there! yes I made my appointment Feb 26th I looking forward to it I think we will have to have a few more fills because

of the size of are band Is that what they told you?

LaWanda,

Dont be too hard on yourself. I ate 2 potatoes bites out of my potato soup the other night - they went down fine - I was watching tv and didnt even realize i did it until it was too late

I am sure you will be fine - I cant wait for the soup to be over - I want scrambled eggs too - ive been craving them with cheese -

THANKS CHRISTY :rolleyes: TODAY IS 2 WEEKS POST OP - ONLY 7 DAYS TO A GREEN LIGHT OF REAL FOOD - WHICH IS WHEN I WILL HAVE TO REALLY KEEP EYE ON WHAT AND HOW MUCH I EAT- THE MENTAL HUNGER IS A ROYAL PAIN AND A DAILY BATTLE :blink: -I AM TRYING TO KEEP MY EYE ON THE PRIZE - YOUR QUOTE IS REALLY GOOD - I KEEP REPEATING TO MYSELF :D LOL - I TOO CRAVE SCRAMBLED EGGS AND CHEESE - ALSO DYING FOR A TACO - NOT SURE WHY, I NEVER REALLY ATE THEM VERY OFTEN, DAUGHTER HAD ONE THE OTHER DAY AND IT SMELLED SOO GOOD LOL....THANKS FOR THE WORDS OF ENCOURAGMENT - LAWANDA

This whole soup thing is already gettin old but I can hang in there! yes I made my appointment Feb 26th I looking forward to it I think we will have to have a few more fills because

of the size of are band Is that what they told you?

Did you get the VG band, too? They didn't tell me anything like that, atleast I don't think they did, those 2 days are a drug induced blur..lol. However, if that's the case, it will kind of suck :)

Did you get the VG band, too? They didn't tell me anything like that, atleast I don't think they did, those 2 days are a drug induced blur..lol. However, if that's the case, it will kind of suck :)

Yes I got the V G band too and I believe thats what they said because it hold more fill

I guess we will have to wait and see Hopefully not but I always enjoy a reason to go to

san diego. LOL

Hey Everyone!

I've been lurking for a while and decided to go ahead and join in the conversation.

I was Banded by Dr. Ortiz on 1-16-08.

I've lost about 9 pounds since then...for a total of 18 pounds this year (and this year is only 26 day old).

My average pre-banded weight ranged from 300 to 315.

The day of my banding, I was 291.

Today, I am 282.

MY goal weight is 220, but Dr. Ortiz said I should be closer to 190....we'll see.

Anyway, just wanted to jump in and say "Hi".

Hey Everyone!

I've been lurking for a while and decided to go ahead and join in the conversation.

I was Banded by Dr. Ortiz on 1-16-08.

I've lost about 9 pounds since then...for a total of 18 pounds this year (and this year is only 26 day old).

My average pre-banded weight ranged from 300 to 315.

The day of my banding, I was 291.

Today, I am 282.

MY goal weight is 220, but Dr. Ortiz said I should be closer to 190....we'll see.

Anyway, just wanted to jump in and say "Hi".

Welcome!! Congrats on your loss!! thats great :)

I had my surgery on the 15th of Jan, and trust me you want yo wait! I am down 9 pounds since the surgery and I thought on the weekend that I would try the smallest bit of my mom apple pie. We were out of town and a family friends winter cabin and everyone else was eating and I want to too. So I did, I chewed and chewed, I mean this was the smallest of bites and it got stuck and I was instantly throwing it up. I will not eat anything other than liquids until the 21 days is up. It was not a good feeling I felt as though I ate a grapefruit without chewing it first! Terraible!

I have started to eat the thicker creamer soups and I can get them down just fine. Yogurt with fruit in it, chucks, seem to be ok for me. My mom mentioned to me the other day that if I really had to chew something to chew it and spit it out, gross I know but it might curve your craving?!

Jenelle

Id follow the doctors directions on about when to eat cuz if u r eating food before he says to it could cause a lot of damage. I admit I did chew and spit a lot - it made me get through it - read more posts about this and itll explain why - its so important!!!!!!

I had my surgery on the 15th of Jan, and trust me you want yo wait! I am down 9 pounds since the surgery and I thought on the weekend that I would try the smallest bit of my mom apple pie. We were out of town and a family friends winter cabin and everyone else was eating and I want to too. So I did, I chewed and chewed, I mean this was the smallest of bites and it got stuck and I was instantly throwing it up. I will not eat anything other than liquids until the 21 days is up. It was not a good feeling I felt as though I ate a grapefruit without chewing it first! Terraible!

I have started to eat the thicker creamer soups and I can get them down just fine. Yogurt with fruit in it, chucks, seem to be ok for me. My mom mentioned to me the other day that if I really had to chew something to chew it and spit it out, gross I know but it might curve your craving?!

Jenelle