November 20th Surgery Date!!!

My husband and I will be flying into San Diego early the 20th then I'll have my tests done. My original date was November 21st but OCC said that since I'm coming in so early I can go ahead and have the surgery done the 20th.

I can't wait!!

Thank you for the encouragment. I must say this sight has been very helpful. I've been on another site as well looking out for what I need to bring to the hospital and someone has said to bring GasX strips... is this really necessary?

YES!!! During you surgery, they will gas up your stomach area for them to do the procedure. It doesn't just go away so it is vitally important for you to walk as soon as you can after your surgery. The nurses will get you going on this. I had taken short walks up and down the hallway several times during the day and night, including into the wee hours of the morning, when everyone was 'sawing logs'. I kept listening to others how they say their shoulders and tummy area hurts. Those are gas bubbles. Walking helps 'jiggle' them around and slowly you get rid of them.

After my 'little' sleep, I hardly had any gas pains at all and was soooo glad! I immediately took 2 Gas X strips and put them on my tongue and those helps like a charm. I bought 3 boxes. TRUST me, you will be glad to use these.

Don't over pack...you will NOT use half of the items. Do you have a list? If you wish, go to the Question section and look for julieburns' post on what to take to TJ. VERY good list...after that, if you still have questions, please post and ask away! That is what we are here for = supporting one another.

Good luck sweetie!!

I am scheduled on the 20th! My husband and I are driving in from LA early that morning and meeting the driver at Mexicoach at 8am. I can't wait! There is a very very small chance that I might try and move it up to the 17th. My dad is supposed to have surgery in Florida on the 17th and I am planning to go there to be with him. (back surgery). But then he found out today he has a prostate infection and they may reschedule his surgery. I've already taken two weeks off work, so if they change his I will move mine up and just won't be able to go for his.

Hopefully it all stays as planned.

P.S......I wish we were going the night before, but I have a diabetic kitty and have to have a cat sitter 3 times per day.......so driving in is easier.

See you there!!!!!!!!

My husband and I will be flying into San Diego early the 20th then I'll have my tests done. My original date was November 21st but OCC said that since I'm coming in so early I can go ahead and have the surgery done the 20th.

I can't wait!!

Hi. I am being banded on the 20th also. I will be arriving on the 19th. I faxed the copy of my check to the OCC today. I am so excited. Keep in touch and I am sure I will see you there.

Kimberly