PICTURES OF FILL TRIP TO THE OCC

I GOT AN EMAIL THAT ASKED WHERE MY PICTURES WERE SO HERE THEY ARE:

WE JUST GOT BACK IN, AND HAD A WONDERFUL TIME AGAIN AT THE OCC. I JUST ADDED A FEW MORE PICTURES FROM THIS MORNING FIRST FILL. THAT NEEDLE IS VERY INTIMIDATING!!!

http://www.webshots.com/homepage.html

JUST USE MY USER NAME, NELSENETC, AND THE PASSWORD IS ORTIZ EVERYTHINGS IN CAPS IF THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE. THEN CLICK ON "MY SHOTS", THEN "ALBUM".

NEW LINK:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?...s0tysj&Ux=0

WE JUST GOT BACK IN, AND HAD A WONDERFUL TIME AGAIN AT THE OCC. I JUST ADDED A FEW MORE PICTURES FROM THIS MORNING FIRST FILL. THAT NEEDLE IS VERY INTIMIDATING!!!

JUST USE MY USER NAME, NELSENETC, AND THE PASSWORD IS ORTIZ EVERYTHINGS IN CAPS IF THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE. THEN CLICK ON "MY SHOTS", THEN "ALBUM".

Hey, I am scared to death to get the fill it seems worse to me than the surgery. Does it hurt? Do they numb the area? Thanks for the pics.

Paige

Hey, I am scared to death to get the fill it seems worse to me than the surgery. Does it hurt? Do they numb the area? Thanks for the pics.

Paige

I HATE NEEDLES!!! HATE HATE HATE!!! I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE WHEN I GOT UP ON THAT TABLE!!! LOL I WAS LIKE OK WHY THE HELL DID I GET THIS BAND? SURGERY WAS A BREEZE, NOW SUPER SIZED NEEDLES FIT FOR AN ELEPHANT? LOL

BUT ONCE THE NEEDLE WAS IN, THERE WASN'T ANY PAIN AT ALL. IT'S JUST THE SIZE THAT'S INTIMIDATING.

DR ROMERO SAID NUMBING IT WOULD JUST BE ANOTHER NEEDLE :o AND IT REALLY DIDN'T NEED TO BE NUMBED :)

BECKI,

JUST GO THRU THE PICTURES, YOU GET ON TABLE, THEY PUT THAT ORANGE STUFF ON YA AGAIN AND FIND THE PORT. PUT NEEDLE IN, BEND THE TABLE SO YOU'RE SITTING UP, DRINK THAT CHALK STUFF AND WATCH IT ON THE MONITORS. WHEN THAT'S HAPPENING, THEY PUT THE SALINE IN AND CAN STOP THE FLOW OF BARIUM ALL TOGETHER OR LET JUST A LITTLE FLOW, IT'S INTERESTING TO WATCH IT AND FEEL IT ALL HAPPENING AT ONCE. THEY DID PUT THE SALINE IN, THEN TOOK IT ALL OUT TO TRY AND GET ALL THE AIR OUT OF THE LINES. (THE NEEDLE THOUGH ISN'T REMOVED :)THEY JUST CAP IT OFF WITH THE SALINE IF THAT MAKES SINCE)

IT ONLY TAKES A FEW MINUTES. I DIDN'T EXPLAIN IT WELL BUT IT'S PRETTY SIMPLE PROCEDURE

OK... I thought I'd copy and paste Chelley's explanation of her first fill experience - she did a great job explaining exactly what happens :)

Goodmorning! Okay, I'm a ninny ... the fill experience was so easy that I can't believe I was ever even worried about it! The whole thing only took about 15 minutes and not nearly as uncomfortable as I had imagined. In fact, a shot in the rump hurts worse than the accessing of the port. I was very pleased with my fill experience. I received 2.8cc which is a huge fill. The doctor performing the fill (Dr. Romero at the Obesity Control Center) was very informative, telling me what he was doing each step of the way and even put me at ease with his bedside manner. The procedure was sterile - he swabbed by abdomen with betadine and I observed him opening sterile needle, syringe, and glove packages. The port is accessed while you are lying flat on the exam table under flurososcopy. One stick was all it took to access the port and it stung a little, but was not painful. After the port was accessed, he sat me up telling me not to worry about the syringe in my belly that it wasn't going anywhere and it did not move and it did not hurt but was a little odd seeing a syringe sticking out like that! The doctor was meticulous in making sure to visualize the barium flowing through the banded area of my stomach to make sure I got the best fill possible. I was able to watch the whole thing with him and was facinated. I was asked to drink some sips of bottled water in addition to the barium to make sure liquids were flowing through the banded area. I honestly did not even feel the needle being removed from the port. There wasn't even need for a bandaid. After the procedure, I was instructed to continue to sip the bottle of water while waiting in the lobby to make sure I could drink water without any trouble. Mom and sister had their fills too and all of us agreed there wasn't anything to it! We got to meet several patients who were there for their surgeries and that was really cool getting to talk to the future lap-banders!

I actually was wondering about before the fill. I am supposed to not eat the night before or anything? And then I know liquids for a few days after, but how many days, and what kind of liquids, full liquids, clear liquids, does it matter?

Thanks,

Becki

I actually was wondering about before the fill. I am supposed to not eat the night before or anything? And then I know liquids for a few days after, but how many days, and what kind of liquids, full liquids, clear liquids, does it matter?

Thanks,

Becki

"WE" WERE TOLD, NO FOOD OR DRINK 4 HOURS BEFORE, FULL LIQUIDS FOR 3 DAYS

• 2 weeks later...

How long ago did you have your surgery?

thanks Andy

Hello, Thanks for the pics. I been searching through this forum in hope to receive contact information for a docter who does this procedure. To my understanding it is done in Mexico and seems rather safe. Can cost and contact information be given? Thanks a lot

Hello, Thanks for the pics. I been searching through this forum in hope to receive contact information for a docter who does this procedure. To my understanding it is done in Mexico and seems rather safe. Can cost and contact information be given? Thanks a lot

Hi!! Since you are on this forum, you should go to the top of the page and click on the "Obesity Control Center Home" link. That is Dr. Ortiz' website. He is absolutly the best! He has a wonderful and caring staff and you will not find care as good as theirs in the states anywhere!

I had my surgery just under two weeks ago and feel great!

How long ago did you have your surgery?

thanks Andy

HI ANDY,

I JUST GOT IN FROM PLAYING IN SAN DEIGO AND LA FOR THE WEEKEND AND GETTING MY 2nd FILL. I WENT DOWN BY MYSELF THIS TIME SO NO PICTURES :( (sorry dr romero lol :D )

I HAD SURGERY AUG 17,06

HI SANDI,

IF YOU NEED ANY HELP WITH ANYTHING, EMAIL ME ANYTIME :)

• 1 month later...

YOU GUYS ARE SO HELPFUL AND KIND TO POST YOUR PICTURES. I CONTINUE TO BE AMAZED BY EVERYONE'S POSITIVE EXPERIENCE! I FEEL SO GOOD ABOUT MY DECISION - SURGERY SCHEDULED FOR MARCH.

• 4 weeks later...

PAMMIE,

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing them with us. I am a scrapbooker, and didn't even take my camera with me! Thanks again.

Cherylann

• 2 weeks later...
PAMMIE,

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing them with us. I am a scrapbooker, and didn't even take my camera with me! Thanks again.

Cherylann

YOUR WELCOME :)

WE JUST HAD ANOTHER GET TOGETHER TODAY, WITH A FEW NEW FACES THAT JOINED US. PICTURES HAVE BEEN ADDED :)

THANKS GUYS FOR ANOTHER GOOD TIME :)

just a note to myself, another fill this month. went from 2.2 to 2.4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

UPDATED PRICING FOR WA FILLS:

DR NEAL $350.00 UNDER FLUOROSCOPY, “RETOUCH” WITHIN 2 WEEKS $150.00

http://www.pacsurgical.com/

FILL MANAGEMENT NORTHWEST, ARLINGTON PHARMACY; BLIND FILLS $150.00 FOR YOUR FIRST FILL, $125.00 THERE AFTER. A "RETOUCH" WITHIN 10 DAYS $50.00. AN UNFILL FOR THEIR FILLS ARE ALWAYS FREE. IF AN UNFILL IS NEEDED FROM ANOTHER CLINIC, IT

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Pammie,

Thanks for sharing your pics on WebShots. I am researching the lapband and would love to have it done. Noy sure what's ahead... but at your surgery, you looked to be about my size and age now. I would SOOO love to drop this weight. Tried everything but the band seems so drastic and a little like "failure" at this point. Any thoughts??

Carrie

:-?

Pammie,

Thanks for sharing your pics on WebShots. I am researching the lapband and would love to have it done. Noy sure what's ahead... but at your surgery, you looked to be about my size and age now. I would SOOO love to drop this weight. Tried everything but the band seems so drastic and a little like "failure" at this point. Any thoughts??

Carrie

:-?

I WAS 184 AND 5'3" ON SURGERY DAY, I DIDN'T DO A PRE OP DIET. I'M 47 NOW

GET ER DONE!!! I'M SOOOOOO GLAD I DID!!!

IT IS DRASTIC BUT IT WASN'T COMING OFF WITHOUT IT AND I WASN'T GOING TO KEEP THIS FAT ANY LONGER. WHAT? WAIT ANOTHER 10 YEARS TO SEE "IF" MAYBE IT WILL "THIS TIME" COME OFF AND STAY OFF? LOL NOPE NOT ME, I'M NOT WASTING ANOTHER MINUTE LIKE THIS, LIFE IS TO SHORT.

AFTER HAVING THE DAY I DID TODAY WITH MY FRIEND, IF YOUR GOING TO DO THIS, KNOW THE RULES, FOLLOW THE RULES, BE COMMITTED TO A BETTER HEALTHIER YOU :P

ps if this is failure, bring it on!!! and in all this i stopped smoking :) something else i've failed at for years until now. i guess i'm just one big, smaller, failure after another LOL

Love your attitude! I am a "doer" and acheiver in so many other areas of my life. I just can't put the food down in spite of how much I want this!! I gues at 5"10" my weight is comparible to yours at your start. I am a good 270. Bleck. Luckily I am still cute at 40~ :-). I get home in two weeks from 6 months corp. training. and have an appointment with my GP but I doubt she'll recommend this. Did insurance pay for yours??? If so, how did you find a Doc who would work with you? I am 40 BMI, on meds for choesterol, been on every diet imaginiable, including OA and have mild joint and back issues. I think that makes me a good candidate.

I saw something about LapBand groups... know anything about that? Thanks for your help! I have a million questions so I guess I should just take my time with this. Pelase let me know if you're open to a few questions (IE time off work, pain, post diet, etc.). The L.B. website doesn't offer a lot that way.

Cheers!!

Carrie

:blink: < confused but hopeful

Love your attitude! I am a "doer" and acheiver in so many other areas of my life. I just can't put the food down in spite of how much I want this!! I gues at 5"10" my weight is comparible to yours at your start. I am a good 270. Bleck. Luckily I am still cute at 40~ :-). I get home in two weeks from 6 months corp. training. and have an appointment with my GP but I doubt she'll recommend this. Did insurance pay for yours??? If so, how did you find a Doc who would work with you? I am 40 BMI, on meds for choesterol, been on every diet imaginiable, including OA and have mild joint and back issues. I think that makes me a good candidate.

I saw something about LapBand groups... know anything about that? Thanks for your help! I have a million questions so I guess I should just take my time with this. Pelase let me know if you're open to a few questions (IE time off work, pain, post diet, etc.). The L.B. website doesn't offer a lot that way.

Cheers!!

Carrie

:blink: < confused but hopeful

RE: Luckily I am still cute at 40~ :-). LOL OK YOU'VE GOT THAT ON ME LOL

RE: Did insurance pay for yours??? THIS MESSAGE BOARD IS SPONSORED BY DR ORTIZ AT THE OCC. MOST HERE ARE LOOKING INTO GETTING BANDED BY HIM OR ALREADY HAVE BEEN BANDED BY HIM. MOST HERE ARE SELF PAY IF BANDED BY DR ORTIZ

RE:I am 40 BMI, on meds. MY BMI WAS 32.6 :-) AND ON NO MEDS. I DID HAVE KNEE PAIN AND FAMILY HISTORY OF DIABETES

ASK QUESTIONS, THERE ARE PLENTY OF PEOPLE HERE MORE THEN WILLING TO ANSWER THEM. I DON'T WORK DURING THE SUMMER SO I WAS OFF WORK. I COULD HAVE GONE BACK TO WORK THE FOLLOWING DAY AFTER I GOT BACK FROM MX IF I WANTED TO. I WAS IN NO PAIN, SORE YES. THE PORT SITE TOOK A LITTLE TIME TO HEAL AND IT WAS HARD TO SLEEP. I'M A TURNER AND I HAD TO PICK MYSELF UP IN BED TO MOVE, NOT JUST ROLL OVER. WELL I TAKE THAT BACK, I WAS IN PAIN WHEN I WAS LAUGHING :)

THE DAY AFTER SURGERY MY FRIEND AND I WERE OUT SHOPPING AND ON THE WAY BACK CAUGHT A CAB BACK TO OUR HOTEL, OMG LOL NO ENGLISH, "THEY" DRIVER AND HIS FRIEND WERE DRINKING, DRIVING A LITTLE FAST, WELL ALOT LOL AND THEY WERE GOING AROUND THE BLOCK TO GET OUT OF TRAFFIC WHICH MY FRIEND HADN'T REALIZED JUST WHERE WE WERE YET. THE LOOK ON HER FACE OMG LOL IT WAS PRICELESS, WHERE ARE WE GOING? I WANT OUT LOL I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD AND I HURT SO BAD LOL

THERE IS A PRE OP AND POST OP DIET, EVERY DOCTOR THOUGH IS DIFFERENT. PRE OP DR WANTS U TO LOSE SOME WEIGHT TO SHRINK THE LIVER. POST OP YOUR ON A LIQUID DIET TO LET THE BAND SITE HEAL.

KEEP US POSTED ON HOW YOU'RE DOING