Water Bottle

Have any of your used the Intelligent Water Bottle? I invested in one... and, I love it! It calculates your personal hydration needs, tracks your fluid consumption throughout the day, paces you to ensure hydration goals are met and motivates you to stay properly hydrated. My nieces and nephews that are in middle school and high school are asking for one for birthdays!

Kristy

Have any of your used the Intelligent Water Bottle? I invested in one... and, I love it! It calculates your personal hydration needs, tracks your fluid consumption throughout the day, paces you to ensure hydration goals are met and motivates you to stay properly hydrated. My nieces and nephews that are in middle school and high school are asking for one for birthdays!

Kristy

No, never even heard of it but it sounds like something I WANT!!!

Kristy

Yes Kristy...that is what I use also. It's the Hydracoach Intelligent Water Bottle and I have the all three colors (Blue, Orange, and Smoke).

I got mine on eBay but you can google it and go from there.

Yes Kristy...that is what I use also. It's the Hydracoach Intelligent Water Bottle and I have the all three colors (Blue, Oragne, and Smoke).

I got mine on eBay but you can google it and go from there.

Judy... I knew I loved you! Great minds think alike... LOL! I seriously LOVE LOVE LOVE mine. My 15-year-old niece thinks it's hers... the little booger!

They run about $30... however, I found one on eBay for $19.99 with free shipping!

Kristy

Okay, I'm going to be a grumpy old lady here. You do realize that people have been surviving for thousands of years without a bottle to tell them they need to take a drink, right?

The myth of a body needing 8 glasses of water is just that--a myth. Scientists worked out how much water was in the average human body and other people decided that that was the figure for a daily requirement, but there is not any scientific evidence to support that notion. Your water needs depend on your activity and the climate, among other things, and if you are at all alert to what your body is telling you (such as, Ï'm thirsty!!!") you really don't need to worry about proper water intake. You do need to realize that if you are feeling weak or headachy it might be due to thirst, and act accordingly. Take a drink; if you feel better, you needed water. If you let yourself go to the point of really becoming ill, then you have problems that a new water bottle isn't going to take care of.

I live in Arizona a good part of the year, and I carry water with me just about all the time, because it is so dry here that it is very easy to become dehydrated and ill. But I certainly don't keep track of what I drink and do not feel any need to do so. Just use your head!! My Yankee miser roots are amazed at a $30 water bottle, especially in these times of fashionable frugality. If you've got money to burn, fine, but this is certainly not a necessity!

Signed,

Grumpy old snowbird

Okay, I'm going to be a grumpy old lady here. You do realize that people have been surviving for thousands of years without a bottle to tell them they need to take a drink, right?

The myth of a body needing 8 glasses of water is just that--a myth. Scientists worked out how much water was in the average human body and other people decided that that was the figure for a daily requirement, but there is not any scientific evidence to support that notion. Your water needs depend on your activity and the climate, among other things, and if you are at all alert to what your body is telling you (such as, Ï'm thirsty!!!") you really don't need to worry about proper water intake. You do need to realize that if you are feeling weak or headachy it might be due to thirst, and act accordingly. Take a drink; if you feel better, you needed water. If you let yourself go to the point of really becoming ill, then you have problems that a new water bottle isn't going to take care of.

I live in Arizona a good part of the year, and I carry water with me just about all the time, because it is so dry here that it is very easy to become dehydrated and ill. But I certainly don't keep track of what I drink and do not feel any need to do so. Just use your head!! My Yankee miser roots are amazed at a $30 water bottle, especially in these times of fashionable frugality. If you've got money to burn, fine, but this is certainly not a necessity!

Signed,

Grumpy old snowbird

People also don't realize that the majority of the water the body needs each day comes from the food you eat. And on top of that, you CAN drink too much water and it will cause a problem in the brain similar to hydroencephalitis (spelling???).

That being said, I still think it's cool and want one!

To each his/her own... grumpy old snowbird. Living in the Arizona heat would make me grumpy too! Just kidding... no wait I'm not, I live in the dry heat as well... but, I don't have to deal with the horrid degrees that you do. Could I live without it? Sure. But, I'm making a lot of changes in my life at the moment, and this water bottle isn't going to hurt me one bit. At times I would get to work, get into the "work zone" and at the end of the day I would realize that I hadn't had anything to drink. If a cool and fun gadget reminds me and assists me in making a habit, then I don't see anything wrong with it. If I had your address... LOL, I would send you one just to be a butt!

Kristy

OOH! Thanks Mona for checking this out! I am going to buy some more, for the grandkids like them.

Snowbird...hon, I know what you are talking about. But I like the looks of it, and it feel good in my hand (had 5 surgeries) and I want to indulge myself with this 'gadget'. This, IMHO, is really cool to have and the modern looking water bottle encourages my young-uns to drink their daily water intake. Also, in my busy working world, it has a cool top ring so I can 'hook' it on my belt, gym bag, etc, without holding on to it all the time. Also, it's very slim and fits perfect on my desk...all this is worth to have one for me.

Here is a link to an unban myth website about the 8 glasses a day myth. Not too computer savvy but I hope the link works. I'm all for drinking an adequate amount of water but all this arbitary 8 to 10 glasses a day has never made sense to me either. I live in a warm climate, I drink more in the summer when it is 110 outside than I do in the winter when it is 60 outside. That makes sense to me. I understand telling dieters to fill up on water. I do not understand why none of these water recommendations mention the 3 cups of milk I drink for calcuim or the cup of orange juice I drink for vitamin C. That's 4 cups of liquid right there. Why doesn't that count. What about the 2 cups of decaf coffee I drink. What about the water in my food.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp

Snowbird, I like your Yankee miser roots way of thinking. I'm a midwest girl myself. Raised by parents who were raised during the Great Depression and they passed that use it up, wear it out, make it do, do without, waste not, want not mentality on to me. I hope frugality does make a comeback!

That being said, it does sound like a cool, high tech gadget. And the different colors are pretty too! I would like it even more if it somehow could actually make me drink the water I put in there. I have trouble getting water in throughout the day because if it gets too hot, I won't drink it and I'm always forgetting my bottle in the car. I need one that reminds me to take it with me or one that keeps my water cool all day long, even when locked in a 140 degree car!

Cool gadget though! Love the blue one!

Dawn

Here is a link to an unban myth website about the 8 glasses a day myth. Not too computer savvy but I hope the link works. I'm all for drinking an adequate amount of water but all this arbitary 8 to 10 glasses a day has never made sense to me either. I live in a warm climate, I drink more in the summer when it is 110 outside than I do in the winter when it is 60 outside. That makes sense to me. I understand telling dieters to fill up on water. I do not understand why none of these water recommendations mention the 3 cups of milk I drink for calcuim or the cup of orange juice I drink for vitamin C. That's 4 cups of liquid right there. Why doesn't that count. What about the 2 cups of decaf coffee I drink. What about the water in my food.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp

That being said, it does sound like a cool, high tech gadget. And the different colors are pretty too! I would like it even more if it somehow could actually make me drink the water I put in there. I have trouble getting water in throughout the day because if it gets too hot, I won't drink it and I'm always forgetting my bottle in the car. I need one that reminds me to take it with me or one that keeps my water cool all day long, even when locked in a 140 degree car!

Cool gadget though! Love the blue one! Dawn

Thanks Dawn for taking the extra step in looking into this issue...very interesting!