one week today

Well here I am one week after surgery. I got my band Thursday 12/31/08 and tried to go back to work (desk) on Monday. I have been feeling a little funky and today I came home early. I have been having allergy (seasonal) for a few days and it is causing an extra cough, kinda painful. I feel really tired and fuzzy headed, is this normal? I had my follow-up and was told by the doctor that I am doing exceptional but I still feel icky.

Well here I am one week after surgery. I got my band Thursday 12/31/08 and tried to go back to work (desk) on Monday. I have been feeling a little funky and today I came home early. I have been having allergy (seasonal) for a few days and it is causing an extra cough, kinda painful. I feel really tired and fuzzy headed, is this normal? I had my follow-up and was told by the doctor that I am doing exceptional but I still feel icky.

Oh, this is perfectly normal. I went to work 5 days after my surgery and had similiar issues too. I was told I wasn't having enough proteins in me and as well lack of potassium. I increased my protein intake by drinking more protein water (Special K2O) and/or do a whey liquid protein bullet (I got these at GNC store); half in the morning and the other half in the afternoon. I started to drink the strawberry bananna drinkable yogurts too to increase the potassium. With this little added change, I felt a whole lot better!

Oh, this is perfectly normal. I went to work 5 days after my surgery and had similiar issues too. I was told I wasn't having enough proteins in me and as well lack of potassium. I increased my protein intake by drinking more protein water (Special K2O) and/or do a whey liquid protein bullet (I got these at GNC store); half in the morning and the other half in the afternoon. I started to drink the strawberry bananna drinkable yogurts too to increase the potassium. With this little added change, I felt a whole lot better!

Yes, I thinks it's normal to still feel a bit yucky after a week. Tired and bloated would be the main thing. Lucky for me, I was able to stay home 3 weeks because of my good disability plan here at work, so by the time I went back, I was feeling 100%.
Oh wow lucky you! Nice planning on this...

I had my surgery last Friday and was back at work on Tuesday, I feel really bloated and have gas pains in my chest and shoulder, but luckily I dont have to do much but sit and type at work, its normal to feel yucky, I have vicodin for my shoulder pain so I feel a little lightheaded too.

I was banded on the 17th and have had several rounds of dizziness and have come to find that usually with me anyway that it is one of two things. Low blood sugar levels or low blood pressure. I took medicine for both of these before I was banded and am pretty much off of them at this point and only got light headed once since I quit the meds and that was when I had just finished climbing a bunch of stairs. (like 101 steps:)

Ive also heard hydration and protein is key.

Added in edit:

I remember on my pre op diet when I was actually starving I was extremely light headed and called the OCC and Dr. Miranda let me add a subway sandwich for lunch which helped a bunch. Too bad you can't take some extra time off just to take care of yourself. Best Wishes. Hope you feel better.

Chris

You got this right! During my first 21 days post op, I use the 'whey liquid protein bullets' (like a 6" tube-like vial) and took half in the norning and the other half early afternoon. I got them at GNC and they have 42grams of protein. I mix it with Crystal Light, Gatorade or even water. They have 4 flavors, orange, grape, blue raspberry and fruit punch. AWESOME stuff. During my solid food stage, if I couldn't EAT my daily protein intake, I would drink one of these to boost it up...or even a protein shake for 17 grams.

I continue to drink a protein water everyday along with regular bottled water while I am out or at work. At home, I have a Brita.

You got this right! During my first 21 days post op, I use the 'whey liquid protein bullets' (like a 6" tube-like vial) and took half in the norning and the other half early afternoon. I got them at GNC and they have 42grams of protein. I mix it with Crystal Light, Gatorade or even water. They have 4 flavors, orange, grape, blue raspberry and fruit punch. AWESOME stuff. During my solid food stage, if I couldn't EAT my daily protein intake, I would drink one of these to boost it up...or even a protein shake for 17 grams.

I continue to drink a protein water everyday along with regular bottled water while I am out or at work. At home, I have a Brita.

Jazzy,

I never thought about cutting the bullets with something good. Thanks for the tip as I found them kinda yucky by themselves. I keep reading your posts about the importance of X amount of protein and using the fiber tablets to curb hunger and I would just like to say that I think you are right on. Thank You!!!!