First fill done! Yippee!

I got my first fill Thursday - 1.8 cc! So almost halfway filled. It was a snap.

I have been feeling pretty hungry, I think because the juice and soup are just sliding down in. I have massive stomach rumblies, and the gas has returned to my left shoulder! What's up with that?

I also feel a general unpleasantness in my stomach (below the band I think).

How does everybody feel after their first fill? Is there restriction right away?

With my first fill it was like nothing had changed. I could still eat as much as I used too, but with certain meat I did notice a little bit of difference when it went down if I didn't chew it up properly. After my first I also felt some discomfort around the port area for about 2 days, but it passed. If it continues with you I would notify your doctor just to make sure everything is okay, which I am sure it is. Good luck with everything!

I went back to the OCC for the fill. It was so easy. It was cool to talk to people who were having the surgery done/just had it done and answer their questions.

After he added the saline, I could see how slowly the barium went through. He said the hole is about the size of a nickel or dime now. How could I not have good restriction with that? Or is the hole even smaller for "good" restriction?

With my first fill it was like nothing had changed. I could still eat as much as I used too, but with certain meat I did notice a little bit of difference when it went down if I didn't chew it up properly. After my first I also felt some discomfort around the port area for about 2 days, but it passed. If it continues with you I would notify your doctor just to make sure everything is okay, which I am sure it is. Good luck with everything!

Exactly the same experience for me. I have my 2nd fill on Monday so hopefully i'll have a little more restriction. It's definitely been all willpower on my end. Although my appetite reduced significantly during the liquid diet so that helps.

I had my first fill as well on Friday. I did not go back to the OCC for it, wished I could have. I got 1.5cc in my 4cc band. I am feeling pretty tight, almost like when I came home. I have had 1/2 soup at hand for lunch and 1/2 for Dinner. Good Luck to you!

I had my first fill as well on Friday. I did not go back to the OCC for it, wished I could have. I got 1.5cc in my 4cc band. I am feeling pretty tight, almost like when I came home. I have had 1/2 soup at hand for lunch and 1/2 for Dinner. Good Luck to you!

My New Life,

I just noticed our tickers info is almost identical! I'll be chearing you on from the sidelines!!! I started at 256, was 247 on surgery day, and I'm also 230 now with another 75 to go before 155! I was 150 in grade eight and pretty small (size 8) so I don't think I'll get below that.

I get my first fill Thursday and can't wait. Good luck!

Sabrina:)

My New Life,

I just noticed our tickers info is almost identical! I'll be chearing you on from the sidelines!!! I started at 256, was 247 on surgery day, and I'm also 230 now with another 75 to go before 155! I was 150 in grade eight and pretty small (size 8) so I don't think I'll get below that.

I get my first fill Thursday and can't wait. Good luck!

Sabrina:)

Sabrina,

Thanks I need all the chearing I can get. I dont think I was born a size 8..lol. All through Junior High and High school I have always been a "fluffy" girl. I think the smallest I can remember in Junior High is a 14. I am currently in a Old Navy 16. I say that because I have found out that ALL Jeans are soo different. I have been stuck between 230 and 233 for almost 4 weeks. I have busted my butt to try to break the 230 mark. I am so EXCITED to say that I did it!!!!!!!!!!! I weighed this morning and I am at 228.4 WOO HOOO!! I have been on full liquids since friday so I am sure that help!! Good Luck to you as well. I will be chearing you on too!

Carrie

Sabrina,

Thanks I need all the chearing I can get. I dont think I was born a size 8..lol. All through Junior High and High school I have always been a "fluffy" girl. I think the smallest I can remember in Junior High is a 14. I am currently in a Old Navy 16. I say that because I have found out that ALL Jeans are soo different. I have been stuck between 230 and 233 for almost 4 weeks. I have busted my butt to try to break the 230 mark. I am so EXCITED to say that I did it!!!!!!!!!!! I weighed this morning and I am at 228.4 WOO HOOO!! I have been on full liquids since friday so I am sure that help!! Good Luck to you as well. I will be chearing you on too!

Carrie

Yay Amanda! Ok, just remember when I mentioned about your first fill is like a 'primer'. At first you may or may not feel anything, but stay on the required full liquids and then slowly progress to softer foods and then full solids. For me, my restriction didn't 'kick in' until a week later, when I was in full solids. Yes, the whole is smaller so you need to do the 'practicing' of taking those small bites, chewing the dickens out of it before you swallow and eat slowly. Also, remember the 1/3 of what you use to eat ruling. These are major keys for losing weight right now. Remember, too, your protein and calorie intakes and make sure you get then in daily to maximize weight loss as well.

ALL OF YOU ARE DOING GREAT! Keep up the good work!.

Yay Amanda! Ok, just remember when I mentioned about your first fill is like a 'primer'. At first you may or may not feel anything, but stay on the required full liquids and then slowly progress to softer foods and then full solids. For me, my restriction didn't 'kick in' until a week later, when I was in full solids. Yes, the whole is smaller so you need to do the 'practicing' of taking those small bites, chewing the dickens out of it before you swallow and eat slowly. Also, remember the 1/3 of what you use to eat ruling. These are major keys for losing weight right now. Remember, too, your protein and calorie intakes and make sure you get then in daily to maximize weight loss as well.

ALL OF YOU ARE DOING GREAT! Keep up the good work!.

JazzyJude I read your posts everyday, they have been a real help for me,

so i dont get my first fill untill the 22nd, and I have been pretty hungry you say we

should eat 1/3 of what we ate before, is that after your fill or before?

JazzyJude I read your posts everyday, they have been a real help for me,

so i dont get my first fill untill the 22nd, and I have been pretty hungry you say we

should eat 1/3 of what we ate before, is that after your fill or before?

Hi Eclispe! That is an interesting question because everyone is different. As I've said in my previous fill posts, Dr Ortiz says you should be eating 1/3 of what you had use to eat before being banded and before and after you've had your fill. But it doesn't apply to me since my 2nd fill.

When I got my first fill (the "primer fill" I'm dubbing it), I felt restricted for the first week and a half or so and then I noticed that I was wanting more and was using more willpower than bandpower, which I scheduled for my 2nd fill as soon as I could, which the earliest was 4 weeks from the first fill. After the full liquid I was put on for 3 days, I started on solids and I was ok. I continue with the food guideline I was mentored on (2-3oz protein, 1/4 cup of veggie/fruit and 1/4 cup grain/carb, 3 meals a day and up to 1200 calories a day. It wasn't the fact that I was hungry but that I could eat more ~ there's a difference.

When getting my 2nd fill, I was asked what I was eating and I was told I was not eating enough! Yeah, can you imagine that? Well, I upped my proteins to 4 oz and that did the trick! Also, EVERY DAY, I still continue to switch between the Metamucil capsules or the chewable Fiber Choice for the hunger pangs and I NEVER got hungry as I consistenly take them everyday. BUT, I CANNOT eat 1/3 of what I use to eat right now. In fact, my whole total day's worth of food doesn't even add up to 1/3 of what I use to eat, which wasn't that large either! On a good day now, I can EAT close to 2 oz proteins, about 2 oz of veggie or fruit and maybe a teaspoon worth of grain/carbs, such as potatos, rice, etc. In order for me to 'make up' the difference in my protein intake, I will do protein shakes and/or drink the 'whey liquid protein bullets' I get from GNC. What a godsend these are for me!

REMEMBER, this is MY body and what my band is allowing me to have.

Hope this helps...all the best to you!