1st PB today!

Its weird because I was actually happy. I think maybe the band is working somehow now. I haven't had much restriction since my first fill on 12/26 and haven't moved down on the scale since 12/18.

But today I got up and had lost 1.5lbs and then we went to Bfast. I ordered the child's plate at IHOP and half way through I had to run to the bathroom. It's weird because is wasn't like vomitting. My stomach didn't contract and I didn't gag. I just opened my mouth and the food came out. It wasn't a big deal, really, other than I'm happy I went to the bathroom.

Well I don't plan on doing this again...hopefully, but maybe my fill is "kicking in"???

what were you eating? is it possible you were eating too quickly or didn't chew a bite thoroughly enough?

yep, I was eating just like I always did before the band, which because I haven't had any restriction, has been the norm. But then just the last few days I am feeling restriction, so time to slow down and chew better. I am also about the get my period, so maybe it will loosen up again after that, which would be a bummer!

I know exactly how you feel. I PB'd for the first time not long ago & it was crazy. Deifinitely not like vomitting. Just the last bite coming up!! I was totally glad too! LOL Everyone told me to do liquids for a day, but I was fine, I didn't slime or anything. I felt a tightness ane then it came up. It wasn't a big deal really. (not that I want to go through it again anytime soon,lol)

Same thing happened to me the very first day I was on solids. I had been out checking the flood in our local area and when I got back there was this left over piece of ground turkey patty from dinner staring up at me begging me to eat it so I just popped it in my mouth and gave it a couple of chews and without thinking I swallowed it. I knew immediately it was stuck and tried to drink a little water. The water went no where except back up and I just kind of stood there for a minute with this pressure in my throat and I started to jump a little to give it some help and after a minute or so I felt it slide through. I was slimeing sp? prior to it going through and it was definately uncomfortable and not something I want to do any time soon. Kinda scary but I guess that's what teaches us to chew chew chew.

Totally experienced the same exact thing recently! I am now trying to slow down and chew better. I haven't had my first fill and haven't felt any restriction except for a couple of things getting stuck. However, PMS-ing and my work has been super stressful the past week or so.

Kristy