Question about getting a fill & not staying the night

Hello everyone. I am scheduled for my 1st fill on Jan16th. But, I am flying out a couple hours after my fill. I wanted to know from those of you who have gotten fills, what your thoughts are on not staying the night. I am debating on whether I made the right decision on not staying the night. Do you guys think a couple hours at the OCC is enough to determine if my fills right? <_<

I have got every single on of my fill at the OCC and I have never stayed the night. I usually get the 9:00 a.m appointment and on my way to the border by 10 a.m. I have never had a problem with my fills, anyways, my fills usually don't kick in until about a week later. They make you stay a while mean time drinking water to make sure you are not too tight and the water is not coming back up, in my opinion you should be fine. Good Luck to you.

Hello everyone. I am scheduled for my 1st fill on Jan16th. But, I am flying out a couple hours after my fill. I wanted to know from those of you who have gotten fills, what your thoughts are on not staying the night. I am debating on whether I made the right decision on not staying the night. Do you guys think a couple hours at the OCC is enough to determine if my fills right? <_<

I'm flying in on the 17th and out that night! You'll be totally fine with that. Just be careful to stay on liquids for a day or two and no alcohol. (Chips and Tequila are hard to turn down when in Mexico!)

I was told that for the first fill I could leave right away, and I did. But they did say for the second fill that I would need to "test" the fill by eating a meal and waiting a few hours before leaving.

Really... eating a meal after a fill? I thought you were on liquids after a fill for three days (72 hours).

Kristy

I had my second fill last Monday. Each fill was done at OCC and each time I drove myself there and drove myself home right after. I live 2 hours north. The fill takes about 20 minutes. I never felt any discomfort after the procedure. For the 2nd fill, they didn't suggest I hang out and eat and/or drink to determine how the fill was working (too much, not enough). I just got in the car and headed back.

Good luck to you.

The fill without staying (just the fill) is $100. They don't accept crredit cards. It's best to take cash or a cashier's check with you.

Remember to drink plenty of water, starting a couple days before your fill and while your flying. They say you lose 8oz of fluid for every hour your in flight. So drink up.

I just scheduled for my first fill - February 11th. Gloria told me that with my fill it would be $100 (with floroscopy) and with the transportation from the airport and back would be an additional $99.00. So $199.00 total. Also she emailed me and told me to fast 2 hours before the fill. Hope that helps some. :)

A question for all of you that have crossed back over the border (to US)

I want to schedule my flight for an earlier time (currently 7pm).

We are parking at the border, walking over and getting a taxi to OCC.

My fill is at 11am on 1/30, which is a Friday (and Superbowl weekend if that matters), I would like to take the 4pm flight out of San Diego.

Do you think this is enough time (I'll have no check in luggage) For border crossing and airport security?

Thanks,

Cindy

A question for all of you that have crossed back over the border (to US)

I want to schedule my flight for an earlier time (currently 7pm).

We are parking at the border, walking over and getting a taxi to OCC.

My fill is at 11am on 1/30, which is a Friday (and Superbowl weekend if that matters), I would like to take the 4pm flight out of San Diego.

Do you think this is enough time (I'll have no check in luggage) For border crossing and airport security?

Thanks,

Cindy

I think Fridays are one of the busiest days to cross the border, I guess it all depends on how long it takes to get through customs. The walk through line can be long and slow. I've been in that line where its taken 2 hours to get through customs,, and that's not counting on if customs police hold you up or you have some issue with your passport or luggage needs to be checked. But,, I've been in that line where it only took me a half hour to sail through. I don't know what to tell you other than it's one of those deals where you could be safe,, but than again,, you could be playing with fire. You just never know how to time the border.

I think Fridays are one of the busiest days to cross the border, I guess it all depends on how long it takes to get through customs. The walk through line can be long and slow. I've been in that line where its taken 2 hours to get through customs,, and that's not counting on if customs police hold you up or you have some issue with your passport or luggage needs to be checked. But,, I've been in that line where it only took me a half hour to sail through. I don't know what to tell you other than it's one of those deals where you could be safe,, but than again,, you could be playing with fire. You just never know how to time the border.

Thanks for the info....I guess I'll play it safe and keep my 7pm flight...argh!

There was a great article on here about how to have a great fill, and I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where it is?

I had to pull it down and do some revising,, I should have it back up some time in the future. Those who wish to have it should send me your email addy and I'll send it to you.

If you ask at the clinic or the hotel, they can call the border and see how long the wait is to walk across. They did this for us at the hotel both times and the info was right on. When I got my band done, we went across on Sat. at around 7:30 and the wait was around 45 min. or so. The guys at the hotel told us to wait until around 10am the next time, so when I got a fill we did, and we just walked right up to the desk to cross.

Cindy, I called ahead and asked about my flight. I arrive in San Diego at 9:30 and my appt is at 10:30. My departure is at 4:10 and they said that that was perfect. Call or fax the clinic and they will let you know. At least they did me. Anne