Bread

I will occ. have very very very tiny pieces of toast to mix with my egg yolk. I usually cant eat any bread, but toast sometimes will go down without sticking. You will just have to try it and see how you do. Everyone is different. You will learn what foods get stuck and which ones dont. Best of luck

Hi, I had bread at the spaghetti factory last night and it got stuck, however I had a bite of my husbands grilled cheese sandwich last week and it went

down fine. I guess it just depends. I find that it's not worth it. By the way the spaghetti factory offers a smaller adult portion for a lower price with

whatever sauce you want.

I still was only able to eat half of that but still better than paying full price. Of course I had to wait for the damn bread to get unstuck ;)

I can eat anything right now and i've had one fill. But my hopes are after my 2nd fill tomorrow that will change. But of course everyone is different. Just take is slow. I have been seriously reducing my bread i'm eating in anticipation of restriction. I only have multi grain bread in my house now.

Well thats good to know. The two people I know in person who've had lapband are able to eat crusty breads but not soft breads. Dr Ortiz told me I should be able to eat the exact same things I ate before surgery, just 1/3 of that (once the fills are done). Im a vegetarian so I am somewhat limited in what i eat so veggie sandwhiches are kinda big in my diet - so I was curious. I was fully prepared to give up bread but both doctors told me it was fine, I would just have to figure out which ones i can handle.

I was very relieved when Dr. Ortiz told me I could eat anything after surgery. I know I will have some things that i probably wont be able to tolerate but its reassuring anyway.

That is my hope. Not that I want to get sick or stuck, but after it happens once, i'm sure I won't be interested in eating it again! :)