Farting and Burping

So I'm back and soooooooooo happy to be back. But I must say these gas pains are a pain in the neck, and shoulder... literally! Anybody have any suggestions of how to deal for the next few days? At this point I cannot burp and every tiny fart is a precious moment of glory and triumph. I bought gas strips and they dont seem to be working. I guess I just keep walking and sipping? The pain from the incisions are nothing compared to the gas pains.

Great experience at OCC by the way. Just in pain tonight.

OMG I would kill to be able to burp right now! Farting hasn't been a problem but the gas pain and the not being able to burp is killing me slowly and painfully!

whoo girl I am feelin' you samanthaW. took another gas strip and hope it helps. in the very good case that it doesn't help, I'm going to bed and hope the air bubbles will just disappear by the time I wake up in the morning. Tomorrow has got to be better. Some slightly good news though... down 1 lb since surgery. Gotta focus on the positive eh? :-)

I finally burped last night -- the gas pain has been awful for me - not in my shoulder but selttleing in my chest and just feeling so bloated. I stopped bothering with the gas-x strips because this isnt the same kind of gas that those strips help. they were doing nothing for me anyway.

I walked around walmart for about an hour last night and i was able to go to sleep last night.

hopefully it will just go away with time - and walking -

Good luck

My shoulder pain was so bad I ended up in the emergency room 3 days after surgery hoping they could do something for me, unfortunatly they just gave me vicodin and said it will go away soon. The vicodin has helped but not taken away the pain, the only thing that has helped me recently is drinking milk of magnesia, it helps me pass gas and that seems to help the pain. I have also used, gas x , phazyme, heat pads, walking, tea, ibprofen, massage, and antiacids but nothing will make it go away permanently, its a waiting game. I was banded one week and 3 days and I still have the pain. Hopefully yours will not last as long.

Well I guess all the pain is worth it because day 4 post op I am down 2.5 lbs! I am so excited to be through with surgery and able to start loosing weight and never finding it again!

Haha, that's the spirit samanthaW... focus on the positive. I was a half pound down from yesterday and pretty excited about that for day 3 post op. I must say I feel better knowing you all are having gas pains because it becomes uber easy to think that I'm the only one suffering. Haha, not that I want to see you all in pain, but you know what I mean. I am still doing clear liquids, and not getting many of those. The gases are a BIT less painful today, but my entire abdomen area is bloated. I feel like I'm even splitting some of the glue on my incisions. The bubbles are moving around in my stomach bouncing off each other I guess. I want to fart but can't. Think I'll try sleeping tonight with my butt raised in the air by pillows or something... hahaha.

My aaving grace with the lower gas was Milk of Magnesia. It was like an explosion and finally felt SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good to get rid of it. If I had to do it over I would have taken it as soon as I got home. But just start with a half dose.

i don't remember how many days into it I was, but after a while I was having gas out of both ends and it hasn't stopped! Before surgery I could not ever burp and now I can let them rip better than my dad and brothers!!! :D Hopefully that will happen for you all as well.

Oh I hope I will burp again! It's one of those little things we take for granted and then *poof* can't do it anymore! I am praying the burps will come back soon!

SlimColaGirl - I totally feel your pain and yes sick as it is I am glad someone else is going through it too!

I am having BM issues, which I have never had in my life. I finally got some Benefiber tonight, so I am hoping that helps. And I have also had some really good burps tonight. Burps have never felt so good..lol!!

Me too Ckiki, I was smart and saved some stool softeners from when I had my c-section and took two of those and then had no problem a couple of hours later. I hope the benefiber works for you!

The Benefiber should work for yall take it twice a day, like 10 and 3. However, you might need a milk of mag to kick start ya. Take the benefiber for a couple days and if it doesn't 'loosen' ya up, take a dose of that. Then you should be good to go with the benefiber. :D

Lol, I remember when being able to fart (as well as have a bowel movement) was a cause for celebration. I don't think that I was able to pass gas normally again until about 2-3 weeks after surgery. My advice would be patience. Know it's all going to get better, and many solutions don't work for everyone (GasX did nothing for me). But it WILL get better with time as your body heals. And the body is a remarkable thing that way.