Question about creamy soup stage

Ok so tomorrow is Day 7, which according to the instructions from the OCC, creamy soups can be started Day 7 - 11. Is there any benefit in waiting until Day 11, or does it not matter? I was going to wait, but I have noticed I am becoming a little hungrier today, and started craving something besides sweet ( I can't do the broth anymore...yuck). Do most people start creamy soups on Day 7? I just want to get some input. Thanks :)

Ok so tomorrow is Day 7, which according to the instructions from the OCC, creamy soups can be started Day 7 - 11. Is there any benefit in waiting until Day 11, or does it not matter? I was going to wait, but I have noticed I am becoming a little hungrier today, and started craving something besides sweet ( I can't do the broth anymore...yuck). Do most people start creamy soups on Day 7? I just want to get some input. Thanks :)

Start on day 7... no need to deprive yourself -- as long as you stick to creamy liquids, you should be fine. Any benefit waiting until Day 11? Uhm, I'd say no. Remember, you do not count calories during this time.

Kristy

I followed the plan exactly as they told me:

Day 1 thru 7 (which includes the day of surgery) ~ clear liquids

NOTE: Starting day 4, started on the drinkable yogurt

Day 8 thru 21 ~ creamy soups

Day 22 ~ start on solid foods

OCC devised this guideline because it works if you follow it to the "T". This is a progressive issue. You start off with liquids (clear liquid stage), then thicker liquids (creamy soup stage) then start on the solid foods and you even progress from that point to soft foods (like eggs, pinto beans with cheese, soups with chuncks, etc) to harder foods (steak, chicken, etc). It's like going up the hill slightly verses to going up the stairs. It's a gradual type of thing. By doing it the OCC way, you gradually introduce \food into your stomach without injury or any complications. You and the band will get use to the idea of what makes you full as you go from liquids to food. This is your learning time and as well, your healing time for your stomach and band. Take advantage of this slower pace for you are going to have this band for life...why rush? At the same time, don't fall behind or lag back...follow through to benefit weight loss as you go.

Hope this helps...

I am definitely starting creamy soups tomorrow. I haven't been hungry at all until this afternoon, all of a sudden my stomach growled! lol I gave up the broth days ago, I couldn't do it anymore. I am on just the drinkable yogurts and water/lemonade and popcicles.

yup - those drinkable yogurts saved me....and then creamy soups came at a great time - I lived off soup at hand soups :) well creamy chicken, tomato and mushroom - though I didnt like how the mushroom had tiny pieces so I even strained that.

I followed the instructions to a tea. I remember day 7-11 creamy soup was a pleasure and progressed slowly from there.

I did not even want much creamy soup after day seven but knowing I could have it if I wanted.

Enjoy!

Labella