OCC FILLS

Just wondering what the process is like. Do you get weighed? Or do I need to weigh myself before I fly out so that I have a record for my "journey"?

Kristy

It's very complex. They weigh you, check your body fat content, take photos of you, and don't forget to take your food journal with your for them to examine or you'll really be in trouble. Nah, I'm lying. It takes about 10 minutes. I just went in with Dr. So and we actually talked about Mexican wrestling for most of the time. Very painless and the flouroscope was very interesting to watch. They didn't weigh me and Dr. Miranda wasn't there. I'll be there Friday for my second fill and soaking up some of the Tijuana sun.

See you there tnm. Our flight arrives at 9:50am, so we might be on the same shuttle. The fill is pretty cool to watch. I thought about doing a video of my first one for my wife to watch since my youngest daughter came with me last time, but I didn't. My older daughter is coming with me this time. That keeps me away from any of the wicked side of TJ.

It's very complex. They weigh you, check your body fat content, take photos of you, and don't forget to take your food journal with your for them to examine or you'll really be in trouble. Nah, I'm lying. It takes about 10 minutes. I just went in with Dr. So and we actually talked about Mexican wrestling for most of the time. Very painless and the flouroscope was very interesting to watch. They didn't weigh me and Dr. Miranda wasn't there. I'll be there Friday for my second fill and soaking up some of the Tijuana sun.

OMG ~ you got me good on this one! I am laughing my heart out! WTG OICU812!!! Too funny!

The same with me Kristy...it took all but 10 minutes to do. I weighed myself at home and weighed myself at OCC (there's a scale in the fill room if you wish to use it). Dr So or Dr Acosta does their thing while talking with you. It is really very interesting to view on the fluoro screen ~ cool really! One other thing I did was write down any questions you may want to ask. This helped me and the fill doc was really patience while you write down the solutions/answers.

I forgot to mention that after our fills, we are all going over to JazzyJude's house for cocktails and grill some big fat juicy steaks. Perhaps some bread and dry chicken would be good too.

Hey... sounds good to me -- see you in a couple of days Jazzy! OICU812 -- I believe I land at 10:10, so I'm pretty sure that we'll be on the same shuttle.

I forgot to mention that after our fills, we are all going over to JazzyJude's house for cocktails and grill some big fat juicy steaks. Perhaps some bread and dry chicken would be good too.

LOL! Too funny! There are NO dry chicken at her place! Oh yeah...bring it on! Woo hoo!! The weather here is awesome you guys! Enjoy and when you fly out, wave and I'll toast to you all for good restriction! LOL

Another question on fill in TJ. When they do the fill I know you are laying down at the time they put the needle into you but when they turn the X-ray machine onto your tummy are you standing up or sitting up on a bed. The reason I ask is the last fill I had was not at the OCC. It was under flouro but I had to stand up for the X-ray. I am very queasy as is. :blink: So they had to interupt the fill 4 times for me to lay down and get my blood back to my brain. :( I think I would do so much better if I was sitting rather than standing.

Another question on fill in TJ. When they do the fill I know you are laying down at the time they put the needle into you but when they turn the X-ray machine onto your tummy are you standing up or sitting up on a bed. The reason I ask is the last fill I had was not at the OCC. It was under flouro but I had to stand up for the X-ray. I am very queasy as is. :blink: So they had to interupt the fill 4 times for me to lay down and get my blood back to my brain. :( I think I would do so much better if I was sitting rather than standing.

I can tell you after tomorrow!

At OCC, you first lay down flat on the table bed. Then the doc will use the fluoro to locate your port and insert the needle. He then raises your table bed to a high sitting position with the fluoro right at your chest. You would be advised as to when to drink the barium and proceed to get your fill. After the needle is pulled out, hold a gauze at your needle hole, apply pressure for a few minutes, pulled down your shirt/blouse and off the table to go. Very clean and simple.

At OCC, you first lay down flat on the table bed. Then the doc will use the fluoro to locate your port and insert the needle. He then raises your table bed to a high sitting position with the fluoro right at your chest. You would be advised as to when to drink the barium and proceed to get your fill. After the needle is pulled out, hold a gauze at your needle hole, apply pressure for a few minutes, pulled down your shirt/blouse and off the table to go. Very clean and simple.

COOL!!!! Thanks so much. Sitting up could do me world of wonders.

the fluro is awesome. I can't imagine having a fill without it.

Why don't all fill doctors have it? Is the equipment ridiculously expensive? They would do so much better to invest in it.

LOOKS LIKE THIS CANADIAN HOSPITAL PURCHASED ONE FOR 1.2 MIL. THAT'S A PRETTY BIG INVESTMENT

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/Article...73880&auth=

In Mexico. Got my fill. Pretty painless. Met several bandsters. And, now I'm at the hotel. I got 1.4 cc-s in my band. However, I'm not too happy about being on liquids for three days. I'm not hungry, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Kristy

In Mexico. Got my fill. Pretty painless. Met several bandsters. And, now I'm at the hotel. I got 1.4 cc-s in my band. However, I'm not too happy about being on liquids for three days. I'm not hungry, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Kristy

You will do fine Kristy! Just treat it as another jump kick to your weight loss. Each time I had my fill (only 2), I've lost weight and took my time in progressing to solid foods. It's a good thing. Don't be too disappointed...it's all part of our band life babe!

Happy restriction!