So what's the verdict on popcorn?

I know bread and rice are usually food items that most can't tolerate, but what about popcorn. I love it, and I can't wait to have some after my 21 day post op, but I am afraid it's going to be something that won't go down easily.

I know bread and rice are usually food items that most can't tolerate, but what about popcorn. I love it, and I can't wait to have some after my 21 day post op, but I am afraid it's going to be something that won't go down easily.

Hi Ckiki,

I love popcorn as well and I can eat it. I was banded on 11-14-09 and received my first fill on 01-09-09. I can eat anything except Bread, it feels gummy. I was a BIG bread eater and now I do not even want it. I have 1.5cc in my band and I think bread is the ONLY thing that I cant eat. I am back to weighing my food and watch what I eat. I hope maybe my second fill will be a better fill for me. Good Luck!

Carrie

Hi Ckiki,

I love popcorn as well and I can eat it. I was banded on 11-14-09 and received my first fill on 01-09-09. I can eat anything except Bread, it feels gummy. I was a BIG bread eater and now I do not even want it. I have 1.5cc in my band and I think bread is the ONLY thing that I cant eat. I am back to weighing my food and watch what I eat. I hope maybe my second fill will be a better fill for me. Good Luck!

Carrie

I am on my second fill, I eat popcorn just fine. Infact, i get the kids combo at the theater. lol I love it. I have done that twice, and no problems.

Popcorn is a great treat. I have no problems with it, whereas I do have problems with many other foods. I haven't heard anyone having problems with popcorn. The only thing is that you should watch the calories. I found a Healthy Choice kind that has about 250 calories or maybe less for an entire bag. It tastes good too! Well good luck, and enjoy your popcorn!

Hi Ckiki,

Carrie

Carrie,

Congratulations to you I noticed you lost a lot of wieight from your post op to your first fill which is really awesome!

How did you do that? so well?

I am 4 wks post op and do not eat pop corn.

Merci

Labella

Hi ckiki ~ I too love popcorn and can still eat them, even after my 2nd fill on 12/20/08. I just make sure I chew the dickens out of them...LOL! I've not had a problem with any kernel being stuck or anything. Now bread and flour tortillas are a different story and I am sure it's going to be on my "no-no" list soon, due to the doughy and gummy texture ~ DARN! But I was able to eat them with no problem up to my 2nd fill. Like Carrie, I am a huge bread eater but what it can cause, it's not worth it to me and I sure don't want to PB or slime!

After reading your topic last night, I thought, hey, time to try popcorn. It was great.

I have a hot air popper, then I sprayed the Parkay diet butter on it. It was heavenly. I could spray as much butter as I wanted on it to coat it, and it slid down easily. I had my first fill Sat. I got 1.8cc and I have really good restriction. I think hot air popped corn is healthier than the microwave popcorn and a lot more economical.

After reading your topic last night, I thought, hey, time to try popcorn. It was great.

I have a hot air popper, then I sprayed the Parkay diet butter on it. It was heavenly. I could spray as much butter as I wanted on it to coat it, and it slid down easily. I had my first fill Sat. I got 1.8cc and I have really good restriction. I think hot air popped corn is healthier than the microwave popcorn and a lot more economical.

That is wonderful!! Now, I can't wait to have popcorn. I think the friday after Day 21 post op, I am going to the movies and getting a kids combo..lol

That is wonderful!! Now, I can't wait to have popcorn. I think the friday after Day 21 post op, I am going to the movies and getting a kids combo..lol
WTG! You will enjoy it. Just remember to put a few in your mouth and not a whole mouth full worth...I still want to do so bad...but nah, not going to happen...ENJOY!!

Enjoy your time at the movies. I went to the movie several times and had water. Finally I was like, heck no! I am saving my calories up on the day I know I am going to a movie! I just enjoy popcorn at the movies! It is a fun treat! I have healthy popcorn at home, but screw it....you want the good stuff at the movies. haha

Carrie,

Congratulations to you I noticed you lost a lot of wieight from your post op to your first fill which is really awesome!

How did you do that? so well?

I am 4 wks post op and do not eat pop corn.

Merci

Labella

Labella,

How have I lost my weight, by reading everything Jazzy has to say...lol Honestly, I have lost by logging on this site everyday. I ask questions and I read others questios as well. I listen to what the other have experienced and the advise they give. Like Jazzy and SO MANY others have said, I weight my food, I eat 1200 calories a day, I eat HIGH protien foods to get my 60 grams a day and I try my best to stay away from the NO NO foods. I try to exercise at least 30 mins on my biker everyother day. It is tough, almost like I am on a diet. Today I got my second fill. I received another 1.0cc in my band for a total of 2.5cc. I hope this gives me the restriction I am needing. Good luck and I hope this helps!

Carrie