Post Op Liquids

SamanthaW

I too had the potato and cheddar soup posted by Jazzy Jude and it was yum! I liked this soup in particular because the potato in the soup (the liquidy parts, not the chunks, which I threw out) helped give some fibre and helped with gastrointestinal issues. I also had the chicken tortilla soup posted in the recipes section, which I loved and made countless times, and that really helped me to get through the liquid stage. I also experimented with butternut squash soup and other soups in the soup aisle, to help provide variety.

I actually really enjoyed the creamy soups (I was never much of a soup-drinker) and I miss those days when I was full from just a 1/2 cup to a cup of those soups. My daily calories never went about 900, and I only felt deprived if I was around food in social situations. Thankfully I live alone, so I don't have to deal with others eating food around me that I cannot eat.

I have actually, on a couple of occasionally, reverted back to the creamy soups stage for a day or two, when I felt like I couldn't keep the solid foods under control and was overeating. It actually helped. I might do that again soon.