losing weight on the liquid diet post op

hi,

I seem to be losing weight quickly on the post -op liquid diet. i am curious - is this just water weight that I will immediately gain back as soon as I start eating food?

Did any of you keep off all or most of your weight you lost on liquids once you started real food?

I am 11 days post -op and I've lost 7 pounds in 11 days and I am not doing THAT much walking - so has to be that im barely getting 500 cals a day.

hi,

I seem to be losing weight quickly on the post -op liquid diet. i am curious - is this just water weight that I will immediately gain back as soon as I start eating food?

Did any of you keep off all or most of your weight you lost on liquids once you started real food?

I am 11 days post -op and I've lost 7 pounds in 11 days and I am not doing THAT much walking - so has to be that im barely getting 500 cals a day.

I lost about 15 lbs and didn't gain any of it back! BUT, I also did not go crazy with my portions once I started on solids. I used a lot of willpower until I got that first fill. IT CAN BE DONE SWEETIE! Good luck to you!

I didn't gain it back, but I came to a screetching halt once I started on solids. Basically stayed the same until my first fill and my doctor said that was a good accomplishment. Before that first fill is tough, and even then I only lost 4lbs b/t my 1st and 2nd fill.

I gained 4 of my 25 pound loss back over the holidays not making good choices but that four fell off again after my 48-hours of liquid following the first fill Thursday.

I stayed the same too for 2 weeks once I started on solid, but then once I got my first fill I lost 11 lbs that first month!

Yeah, I seem to be losing weight everyday, and I was really hoping that I won't gain it back once I start eating solids.

I already dropped a size...YAY!!

I gained 7 of my 35 loss after starting solids. Then I lost 2 of the 7 before my first fill. This is my third day on liquids after my first fill and I'm back at a 35 loss. I'm going to make better choices between my first and second fill. My second fill is in four weeks. Several of the girls getting their second fill when I was at the OCC on Friday said that they had no restriction after their first fill... so I'm not counting on my band helping me much the next four weeks, so here's to willpower!

Kristy