Getting ready for the tough road ahead

so everything is going well. I'm 11 days post op, gas bubbles are gone, lost 14.5 pounds. I can ride a bicycle again... slowly, incisions are healing nicely. It's not hard to move around anymore. And I can get enough calories in. The bad news... I'm hungry folks. I won't lie, if I could eat all the usual junkie pizzas, hamburgers, fries, etc., I would. It's that bad. I guess it's a sign that I'm healing nice and rapidly. but I'm not sure how I'm gonna do on this liquid diet for the next week and a half. It seems my hunger is back up to preop levels.

Im happy with the weight I've lost and hope to lose more. But I'm starting to realize that this is going to be hard work. I was hungry for two weeks on the preop diet, and I will be hungry for the next week and a half. Then I will have to try to manage my hunger until I get the right fill. This will be tough. I'm up for the challenge but taming my hunger will be a tough one.

You'll be ok, just take it meal at a time...try different liquids, or if your a creamy soup stage, try different one's...Make sure you drinking your protein, it helps...I also had increased hunger, but once I had my soup and my protein drink a few hours later I was fine...A lot of it is mental hunger, so really watch out for that! And make sure your getting water in also!

You're doing awesome, just hang in there!!! I got frustrated the last week and a half left on my liquid diet, but when it was time for me to eat solids, I got scared lol! Im such a dork! You'll do fine!

Hang in there!! Trust me, you don't know how many times I have wanted chips and popcorn, etc..I just need to crunch on something. But a minute later the craving is gone. And definitely make sure you get your protein in, once I started drinking a protein shake, as nasty as they are...lol..my hunger goes away, and water too, I drink water all day, and that helps. Good luck, you can do this!!

im getting hungry too. what is weird is that i have always been a breakfast person - i wake up starving! but now , i wake up fine and im not hungry till later in the day and then sometimes at night. weird

just a week and a half more to go!

I'm like that too, I wake up and have no appetite...I hope that continues even after the post-op diet. Nights have been the hardest for me, because I ALWAYS had popcorn and a diet pepsi, and although I don't miss the diet pepsi, I do miss the popcorn. So I just go to bed early so I don't think about it. I have been getting the best sleep these past 2 weeks then I have in the longest..lol.

Keep in mind, when you are on liquids you are not to be counting calories. Now, make sure you are really hungry and it's not thirst. They say many times when you think you are hungry you are actually thirsty, so drink some water and then see how you feel. If you are truly hungry, then have that soup or protein water. Also, keep in mind you can do the benefiber and things that dissolve in water. They work wonders!

Hang in there! I've had two fills and my mental hunger increases with each one. It's something we have to deal with or no matter how many fills you have it won't go away.

I also have the issue where as they day goes on my hunger increases. I've been told many people's bands are tightest in the morning and loosen up as the day goes on. I definitely think that is what happens to me. I have to force a protein shake in the am and then lunch is OK, but after 3 I feel like I can eat anything! But at least i'm aware of it and that is the first step.

Good luck!

The post surgery time is really hard. If some certain food looked good to me I would say to myself, "It looks good, but does it look $8000 good?" That seemed to help. Hang in there!

The post surgery time is really hard. If some certain food looked good to me I would say to myself, "It looks good, but does it look $8000 good?" That seemed to help. Hang in there!

haha... nice one. I will be saying that to myself every time now. :-D

haha... nice one. I will be saying that to myself every time now. :-D

I really have to thank you all for throwing such encouraging thoughts my way. This is a tough time to get through and you guys just rock! :-D It's amazing how much your forget when you get hungry. You forget the rules, or start questioning them because you really want food NOW. I've been doing really bad on water so I'll up that to a cup every 2 hours. I'm going to get the protein shakes right now so I can beat the hunger and I already have some good creamy soups. Thanks again you guys and good luck to everyone no matter where you are in this process.

Welcome to Bandster Hell! Hang in there kiddos! YOU CAN DO THIS! Right now, you need to get in those proteins and take either the Metamucil capsules or the chewable Fiber Choice for your hunger pangs. I swear by these and taken them religiously EVERY day, twice a day. I take mine at 10am and 3pm (I work from 6:30am to 3pm). I take Benefiber for my roto rooter plumbling too. During your clear liquid and creamy soup stage, if you are lacking proteins, put a scoop of unflavored protein powder in whatever. This can help you energize and prevent getting headaches and even dizzyness.

ckiki ~ the good news! You CAN have popcorn, starting on your solid days. I've no problems eating them!

Hope this helps...