Just a suggestion for us 21 day post-op dieters

I looked on my gallon of 2% milk, and there is 11 grams of protein in 8 oz of milk. So I am drinking 16 oz right now, and getting the rest of my protein in for the day. It tastes a whole lot better then those protein drinks, and it's really filling. Just a suggestion :)

I looked on my gallon of 2% milk, and there is 11 grams of protein in 8 oz of milk. So I am drinking 16 oz right now, and getting the rest of my protein in for the day. It tastes a whole lot better then those protein drinks, and it's really filling. Just a suggestion :)

I discovered that too during my post-op liquid phase. And today, I discovered that a serving of five Swedish meatballs was 190 calories and only 12 grams of protein, less than my protein drink. I had assumed that actual animal protein would be a richer source, but who knew?

I discovered that too during my post-op liquid phase. And today, I discovered that a serving of five Swedish meatballs was 190 calories and only 12 grams of protein, less than my protein drink. I had assumed that actual animal protein would be a richer source, but who knew?

Except the band helps restrict the meatballs and the milk goes right through :(

I hate almost all protein drinks but I love the Carnation Instant Breakfast drinks. They come in hot chocolate size packs and you mix them with milk and it turns into around 20gr of protein for a 10oz glass and is filling. Its tastes like chocolate milk. not gritty or chalky like most protein drinks and its full of vitamins!

I hate almost all protein drinks but I love the Carnation Instant Breakfast drinks. They come in hot chocolate size packs and you mix them with milk and it turns into around 20gr of protein for a 10oz glass and is filling. Its tastes like chocolate milk. not gritty or chalky like most protein drinks and its full of vitamins!

Oh those sound good. I might have to try that. Thanks :)

Ii think you can get some non-flavored protein powder at GNC. I know a gal who pust some in her coffee each day and doesn't even taste it. So, I would think you could put some in most things you eat for an added boost. I haven't tried it myself, but that is because I like the protein drinks. (GNC 100% whey protein chocolate caramel MMMMMMMM)