I'm Back

Ok guys its been awhile since I've been here. My daughter and I had our bands placed in Aug 18th I've lost 40some pounds and Jackie has lost 60lbs. We have had our first fill and that was included in the weight total. I have 2 questions, when do I et my next fill? I can pretty much eat ahything that I want. I maintain around 228-230 my scales seem strange some times too,and Do you guys pb alot? I've caught myself eating too fast and it happens then, or I drink something and it is like I swallow alot of air. I don't drink with straws and when I do I don't have the p-bing as much. Keep Jackie in your thoughts and prayers, she had a car accident the day after Thanksgiving totaled our car but is doing wonderfully,now. I did have the Trauma Surgeons make sure her band was ok and it was. So wehave had a busy 2 months. Hopefully I'll be able to keep everyone aware of what is going on with us. Thanks for the answers I really don't feel so alone with you guys.

Anna

;)

As long as it's been at least 2 weeks since your first fill, I think you're fine to get another one. I know that sometimes they take up to that amount of time to "kick in" before you feel the restriction (I know mine took a while - and then I was too tight). Since I am too tight, I do PB far too much (daily) - but I know ti's mostly my fault. I'd probably do better if I could eat slower or wait until later in the day to eat solid foods... but I am usually so hungry I keep pushing the envelope.

As long as it's been at least 2 weeks since your first fill, I think you're fine to get another one. I know that sometimes they take up to that amount of time to "kick in" before you feel the restriction (I know mine took a while - and then I was too tight). Since I am too tight, I do PB far too much (daily) - but I know ti's mostly my fault. I'd probably do better if I could eat slower or wait until later in the day to eat solid foods... but I am usually so hungry I keep pushing the envelope.

Bebe

You look fantastic!!!

Please be careful being too tight. I know its easy to say I'll be OK tomorrow I just need to take smaller bites etc etc

I did that for far to long and now have 0cc in my band after an emergency unfill. And caused a little damage to my pouch.

Good luck

Congratulations on your success thus far! For me, when I am at the doctor having my fill I schedule another one for one month from then. I'll be having my 3rd in a couple of weeks. I"ll keep scheduling and they told me if the week of I really don't feel like I need it to cancel. I definitely have more restriction since the 2nd one (no bread for me) but can still eat most things and have only PB'ed or gotten things stuck about 2 or 3 times, so i'll definitely be keeping my next fill appt. Definitely using more willpower than bandpower right now.