Body Piercings

I am going to be banded in a couple months and I was wondering if anyone else went in with body piercing and if they were allowed to use retainers. I know that metals are definite no-no's, but what about PFTE (Teflon)? It is biocompatable material and I have PFTE retainers for all my piercings, but I don't want any surprises. I've had the piercing for a while, but I still freak out about closure because everyone is different and our bodies know where there are and aren't supposed to be holes! Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks!

I am going to be banded in a couple months and I was wondering if anyone else went in with body piercing and if they were allowed to use retainers. I know that metals are definite no-no's, but what about PFTE (Teflon)? It is biocompatable material and I have PFTE retainers for all my piercings, but I don't want any surprises. I've had the piercing for a while, but I still freak out about closure because everyone is different and our bodies know where there are and aren't supposed to be holes! Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks!

I didn't know about metal--but they took out my nipple ring while I was under and it closed up that same day. They handed me the jewelry when I woke up, so I would definitely contact them if this is a piercing you intend to keep.

Guest erinmohr

I had to take all of mine out, but i waited until reight before surgury and put then back in almost as soon as i was awake - so really they were out less then an hr. I had a plastic larbret bar in but still took it out...

My dimples have been such a pain in a** to heal that it is almost like I'd be losing the war if they close on me!! :angry: :angry: There is no way I'd get them done again either!

AngelaAnn, how long were your nips pierced before you went into surgery? Some places close faster. I haven't worn earrings forever and my holes are still open, but earlobes are different from pretty much any other piercing. Babies have them!! I would think that facial piercings would shut-up quick though.

Well, the only way to know for sure is to ask. I might have to give Mom a crash course in inserting body jewelry!

I have a toe ring that has been on my toe for several years and wouldn't come off without a lot of pain and prying... so they let me keep it on. There is something they do to it, and as long as you have no complications, it's really not an issue. I'd definitely ask.

My dimples have been such a pain in a** to heal that it is almost like I'd be losing the war if they close on me!! :angry: :angry: There is no way I'd get them done again either!

AngelaAnn, how long were your nips pierced before you went into surgery? Some places close faster. I haven't worn earrings forever and my holes are still open, but earlobes are different from pretty much any other piercing. Babies have them!! I would think that facial piercings would shut-up quick though.

Well, the only way to know for sure is to ask. I might have to give Mom a crash course in inserting body jewelry!

I had my nipple piercings since early 2005...and I had surgery in August of 2008. I really didn't think that they'd close up so fast. And, I was more shocked that nobody even asked/gave me the option of keeping it open some way. They just handed me the jewelry when I woke up. It's a good thing I wasn't totally attached to them, but I'll probably get them pierced again. I think I liked the shock factor on people's faces because I look conservative on the outside. :P

I have a toe ring that has been on my toe for several years and wouldn't come off without a lot of pain and prying... so they let me keep it on. There is something they do to it, and as long as you have no complications, it's really not an issue. I'd definitely ask.

Ok first off, you look amazing in that outfit! Love the shoes! I forgot to call them today and ask, but from what your saying I just need to devise a plan to make it so that the jewelry can't be taken out....hmmmm. Can't think of any physical barriers, because I'd want to change them incase I find super cool jewels.

Maybe psychological trauma that would result in years of therapy? Must keep them because I'm a dimple model on the side? If taken out, then I can't chain them to my ears for my Shanid O'connor Halloween costume?? Open to other suggestions.

AngelaAnn, did they just find yours and take them out without you knowing :o ??? That's gotta be some type of piercing larceny! Thanks for the heads up. I put Mom on red alert.

Amber

Ok first off, you look amazing in that outfit! Love the shoes! I forgot to call them today and ask, but from what your saying I just need to devise a plan to make it so that the jewelry can't be taken out....hmmmm. Can't think of any physical barriers, because I'd want to change them incase I find super cool jewels.

Maybe psychological trauma that would result in years of therapy? Must keep them because I'm a dimple model on the side? If taken out, then I can't chain them to my ears for my Shanid O'connor Halloween costume?? Open to other suggestions.

AngelaAnn, did they just find yours and take them out without you knowing :o ??? That's gotta be some type of piercing larceny! Thanks for the heads up. I put Mom on red alert.

Amber

No, I mentioned it the day of surgery and whomever I told (I don't remember now) said okay, no problem. No problem to me, means that it wasn't an issue, but I guess No problem to them meant "we'll just take them out while she is under". I don't know....so, yes please check into it so your piercings aren't a causalty.