I am a little confused when you say food is stuck

I thought the point of the band was to have the food fill the little pouch above the band and make you feel full faster. However, when people say that food is stuck, I think of that as it's trying to go through the band and is stuck in between on it's way to your stomach.

I am just trying to get an understanding of this before I start solids next week :)

Its supposed to more of a slow "leak" in to the bottom portion of the stomach. When something gets stuck, at least for me, it feels like the opening to the bottom portion is completely blocked. Because the stomach is contracting the entire time you are eating, if nothing is able to go down, the only way for it be contracted is up. So if you eat too much and something gets "stuck" the peristalis (contracting of the muscles) being to hurt and push the food the wrong way.

Ohh ok, that makes sense. Thanks :)

Ckiki,

I did not really understand either, however I had my first experience being stuck last week. I was at work and had just taken a bit of pork chop and the phone started to ring and of course I chewed a couple of time and swallowed to answer the phone. Let me just say it hurst so bad. The band is not down in your stomach like you would think it was, it is placed very high. When the food gets stuck or when mine got stuck, it felt like I had been stabbed between my breast. The pain last for about 10 min and there was nothing I could do but double over and hold my chest. After about 10 mins, I threw it up. Trust me if you gets stuck you will know it and to be honest I dont care if I EVER eat another chop again EVER!!! lol..

Good Luck and Hope this helps!

Carrie

Ckiki,

I did not really understand either, however I had my first experience being stuck last week. I was at work and had just taken a bit of pork chop and the phone started to ring and of course I chewed a couple of time and swallowed to answer the phone. Let me just say it hurst so bad. The band is not down in your stomach like you would think it was, it is placed very high. When the food gets stuck or when mine got stuck, it felt like I had been stabbed between my breast. The pain last for about 10 min and there was nothing I could do but double over and hold my chest. After about 10 mins, I threw it up. Trust me if you gets stuck you will know it and to be honest I dont care if I EVER eat another chop again EVER!!! lol..

Good Luck and Hope this helps!

Carrie

Thanks Carrie! Ouch, what a horrible experience. I know I will probably chew the heck out of food to really prevent it getting stuck. I am so paranoid..lol.

I have not had anything get stuck until a couple of days ago. Up until that time, I could eat fresh bread, but not now. Oweee - it does hurt. So now if I eat bread, I toast it and take very small bites and chew good. Don't want that again. I am still on my 1st fill, so may not be able to even eat toast when I get my 2nd.

Judi

I have not had anything get stuck until a couple of days ago. Up until that time, I could eat fresh bread, but not now. Oweee - it does hurt. So now if I eat bread, I toast it and take very small bites and chew good. Don't want that again. I am still on my 1st fill, so may not be able to even eat toast when I get my 2nd.

Judi

Ohhh I can completely relate! I could eat bread after my first fill, but after the 2nd even toasted bread was out. That has been tough - bread is my weakness, but i'm dealing. Even after PB'ing it I still crave it which stinks. You would think after that I wouldn't want it anymore.