Will my laptop and camera be safe?

I am flying into San Diego on and then being takin to TJ for my surgery. After surgery I will be in San Diego for 4 days enjoying the sun before heading home. I want to take my camera to get lots of pics but also my laptop so I can check on my buisness while I am away. Is it safe to bring both? Will it be too much to cary with my purse and luggage??

Is it safe to bring so it is not stolen?

Did you take yours? Did you have any problems??

i brought my laptop and it was out in the hotel room when the maids came in while I was out and still there when I returned. After surgery though I left a do not disturb sign on the door so no one else entered while I was out. I wasn't worried like I would have been at a resort in Mexico. I think the reason for that is that it is much smaller than any resort I have stayed at and the hotel has a lot invested in working ith Dr Ortiz so I don't think they would allow anything to make the guests complain. When you think if 8 surgeries a day times 3 nights in a hotel they likely have at least a couple dozen rooms booked by the clinic every day throughout the week. They don't want to loose that income.

That said, be carefull of your stuff, don't leave valuables out in the open and you should be safe.

It is just like anywhere else, keep a careful eye on your stuff and you will be fine. I took both and had no problem. When we went somewhere I put my laptop in the dresser drawer and my purse as well if I wasn't taking it with me. Had no problems and nobody messed with anything.

Now, one thing to be careful with is credit cards. My mom and I both used ours on Revolution Ave and I had no problems, but at one of the stores something happened because she ended up with someone apparently taking her number and using her card at several places in TJ. So if you use your cards do it with caution. I used mine, but only after I had used all my cash. Use cash if at all possible. At the hotel I would feel completely safe using my card though.

I took both and left them in my room, I used the hotel safe for my passport, credit cards and jewlery while I was at the clinic. It's free and I just pinned the key to the inside pocket of my shorts.

I felt much safer locking that stuff up.

I would suggest travelling as light as you can. You will have a long trip back and lugging one more bag will be a chore.

The clinic and Lucerna have computers available to check emails etc and probably would any hotels in SD. Take a break and don't try to do any work, you need to recover.