MARCH SURGERIES AND FILLS

Hey, I just got back! I got my surgery on Monday, March 9th. And I met someone from the forum there! Crazy, huh? I didn't ask her username, so if you're out there, how'd your surgery go???

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I just got back! I got my surgery on Monday, March 9th. And I met someone from the forum there! Crazy, huh? I didn't ask her username, so if you're out there, how'd your surgery go???

Congratrulations!! It wasn't me. I leave on Monday for surgery on Tues. How did everything go for you? Was it hard to fly home so soon after? Do you have any last minute advice...something you wish you had known or done or brought? I'm excited and nervous...mostly just wishing the time would go faster...

Been there, Done that, Got the funny yellow tummy they give instead of a T-shirt! I'm doing just fine, a little sore, a little wobbly, but feeling fine. & Yeah, the Dr.'s ARE CUTE. You gals weren't stretching the truth a bit. :blink:

I'm sleepy and leaning sideways now, so I may take a nap. Later ladies! :-h

Tibbie

I will be at the OCC on March 26th. I have a friend that has decided to get the band and I am coming with her. While I am there, I am going to get my third fill. Anyone else there at that time? We fly in on Thursday, March 26th and leave on Saturday, March 28th.

I will be getting my first fill at the OCC on March 2!

I hope to meet up with a few of you there! I wished that I had bumped into a few people at the Hotel while I was there on Jan 14-8 but shopping kept me away!

Good luck to all on their pre-op diets, the obe thing that I would suggest to make it a little easier on you (the pre-op is hard, I found) is to start about a month before your surgery! I had to do mine over Christmas and I thank my luckly stars that I had the extra time to lose the weight! I didnt want to get down there all the way from Calgary AB to be told that I didnt lose enough!

Good Luck and keep me posted, :-h

Hi Jnlebean

I am also from Calgary and was banded on March 9/09. Are you aware of any support groups? I would sure like to meet others going through this journey.

LMAO - see we told you guys the doctors are cute!

I just wanted to say congratulations to those of you newly banded! I was there on the 14th getting my second fill - um if you were there anyone, I was the one made at the receptionist :S until she smartened up.

Anyways - I have to say I will unforuntely probably have to get another fill again soon - this one is doing crap-o-la for me :( oh well - more fun while Im there, and more shopping! Too bad my husband is going to be so mad I have to go back again so soon!

I just got banded yesterday! The experience was really great--all the good things you hear about the clinic on this site are TRUE! I felt so good afterwards that I was able to come home TODAY (I just live two hours up the freeway in CA). Here's a shout-out to the 7 other lap-banding ladies who spent the night with me. We had a slumber party complete with popsicle treats--strangely good times! :rolleyes: