Has anyone been able to eat Subway?

I am able to eat solids starting this Thursday, and although I am going to start out slow with softer foods, I was thinking I would love to have a subway sandwich. I know everyone is different, but I would hate to buy it then not be able to eat any of it. Even if I need to share one with someone, it would be wonderful, especially since after I get a fill I know I probably won't be able to. I used to eat it everyday for lunch, and really miss it.

I am able to eat solids starting this Thursday, and although I am going to start out slow with softer foods, I was thinking I would love to have a subway sandwich. I know everyone is different, but I would hate to buy it then not be able to eat any of it. Even if I need to share one with someone, it would be wonderful, especially since after I get a fill I know I probably won't be able to. I used to eat it everyday for lunch, and really miss it.

A couple of days on solid food, I stopped at Subway and bought a Tuna Sandwich. I only ate about 8 bites, but had no problem with it at all. Just chew the bread good.

Judi

I happened to be in Vegas for my first day of solids, I was at a loss of what to eat, so I had a veggie subway sandwich and had no problems.

Since then and 2 fills later I can take a bite once in awhile of my husbands but mainly the meat. Just remember to chew chew chew.

No. Any type of bread has been out of the question for me since before surgery date. That is one of the many "old favorite" things I gave up to lose weight. However, I remember the first time after surgery I succumbed into temptation and took a bite of a bread, and right there and then I vowed not to EVER try eating any type of bread for a LONG while. The pain in my chest, the lightheaded feeling, the gasping for air, the moving my arms up and down hoping that would help my pain and catch my breath....NO I WILL NEVER FORGET THAT DAY! (And yes, I chewed that bite into waterlike substance before swallowing)

BUT, everyone is different. So you can try and find out? Maybe you will be ok with it. I tried a tiny piece of cake over the holidays and was ok with eating it, but I didn't dare try to eat more just because I remembered that day. So, I was satisfied with that tiny bite and licked the frosting off my fork. I know one day I will be able to have bread again, but for now, it works best for me not to have any.

I could eat anything before my second fill--now bread is 90% of the time not my friend. I used to love subway, too!

Give it a try and if it gets stuck stop right away. They have that new flatbread which looks good and they have wraps. If that doesn't go through, then just eat the meat cheese and veggies.

I can eat subway, but I waited at least two weeks on solids before I tried. I only decided to try when I realized that I could eat almost half as much as before and I thought it would be safe. I go for my first fill on Friday though and don't aticipate eating subway again any time soon.

Yes, I quite often have a 6" cold cut combo without mayo or mustard and it seems to go down fine. I will have my first fill on 1/29 so we will see how it goes. I have lost 21 pounds since the pre-op but have 41 to go so it will no doubt be different after the fill!

Thanks to everyone for their input, it's amazing to me how everyone is different on what they can eat. So I guess all I can do is try it. The flatbread would definitely be a better option. :)

Give it a try and if it gets stuck stop right away. They have that new flatbread which looks good and they have wraps. If that doesn't go through, then just eat the meat cheese and veggies.

I agree. Just try and see. Remember, try everthing SLOWLY....

I tell ya the flatbread looks really good! We went to Subway the other day and I got a sandwich but just asked for double meat and ate the meat and other goodies out of it. Man, it was tough though b/c that bread looked soooo good! But I knew it wasn't an option so I wasn't even trying. But until your body tells you otherwise take it slow and try it, but whatever you do STOP at the first inkling of it being stuck.

That is the fun of this lovely band - the guessing game of what might come up! :huh: