Do you feel band?

Everybody is different, but I can feel my port when I lay on my left side or even when I bend over to tie my shoes I can feel it pressing against what I'm guessing is my ribs. I was just telling a friend how much it bugged me to feel it when I bend over, but added at least I CAN bend over and tie my shoes...if I kept gaining weight I probably wouldn't have been able to!!!

Sabrina:)

Hello everyone. This might have been asked before but what the heck. Do you your band inside as an obstraction or tightness or any difference then before the surgery?

Not sure if it is the 'band' I feel or not, but I definitely get an achy feeling sometimes when I haven't eaten or when I might have eaten too much. I was banded a little over 3 months ago & I am still learning portions. Sometimes I am fine and that one final bite, sends me over the edge and makes me feel bad. I told my husband, 'I feel my band, it is irritated.' But, I don't know if that is what it is or not. It could just be my tummy is mad.

I feel my port all the time! It was weird at first, but now I am used to it. Sometimes if I sit too long in one spot I am really sore. But all in all this is soooo worth it. :) I LOVE MY BAND, and never want to live without it! :D

Hello,

I am not able to feel my band but i can feel my port if i press and poke around! I was able to lay on my tummy just 3 days after my surgery! and I am able to bend over and roll around just fine!

To tell you the truth other than the eating post op diet and seeing the incisions on my tummy I would not have known that I even had surgery! After 3 days post op I felt fine! No pain!

Jenelle

I was banded 9/11 and I don't feel the actual band around my stomach, but I can feel the port. However I do feel the effects of the band. I felt them right away. In fact, I just tried to eat a cracker and I wasn't quite ready for it and I am FEELING IT as I type - OYE! :o (when will I learn...)

I was banded 9/11 and I don't feel the actual band around my stomach, but I can feel the port. However I do feel the effects of the band. I felt them right away. In fact, I just tried to eat a cracker and I wasn't quite ready for it and I am FEELING IT as I type - OYE! :o (when will I learn...)

Yeah....that is what I was gettin at. I feel the effects of the band. I am not sure if anyone could feel the band itself. :)

No lifting anything over 10lbs for 6 weeks is what I was told. I told a couple of folks at work what was going on and they helped me out a great deal. Be very careful lifting and do it as little as possible.

Thats what I wanted to know smile.gif So I can go back to work a week later then. I am a merchandiser so I am very active at work and bend a lot and carry boxes. I gotta check with dr.

I am a merchandiser as well. I was banded on a Thursday and went back to work on a Monday, so I only had to take 2 days off from work. Fortunately, my male co-worker has been so good about lifting stuff I can't, getting me ladders, etc. I have been taking it easy the past 3 weeks, so to make sure I don't mess anything up.

I am a nurse as well in a very busy ICU with no aides and I went back to work the week after and did fine. I didn't tell anyone about the surgery so I didn't get any "breaks". Was sort of sore and miserable at first but too busy to worry about it.

If you do have even a few days you can burn i'd recommend it. I went back to work too early and wished I would have taken even 2 more days off just to relax a bit. I don't have to lift a ton, but I sit at my desk a lot and got really sore.