Is fullness a myth?

I'm starting to mourn the sensation of "fullness". You know, that comforting feeling that you just couldn't take one more bite because you are so "satisfied". I haven't had my first fill yet, but right now I have three sensations that I vary between:

1) hungry

2) Just eaten and not hungry (but not "full" either)

3) Taken one bite too many and in pain; you know the feeling like someone has kicked you in the chest. LOL

#3 is what keeps me at 1200 cal per day. I guess when I got the band I thought I would have the "full" feeling but with less food. Does anyone get "full" or is the whole band thing work because we are avoiding pain?

I'm just curious. The band is a great tool and I do not regret having it placed, but I wanted to have a glimpse of what is to come when I get my fill next week.

Thanks! ;)

I'm starting to mourn the sensation of "fullness". You know, that comforting feeling that you just couldn't take one more bite because you are so "satisfied". I haven't had my first fill yet, but right now I have three sensations that I vary between:

1) hungry

3) Taken one bite too many and in pain; you know the feeling like someone has kicked you in the chest. LOL

#3 is what keeps me at 1200 cal per day. I guess when I got the band I thought I would have the "full" feeling but with less food. Does anyone get "full" or is the whole band thing work because we are avoiding pain?

I'm just curious. The band is a great tool and I do not regret having it placed, but I wanted to have a glimpse of what is to come when I get my fill next week.

Thanks! ;)

Hi i have been banded for 10 months now and that so called "full" feeling is not the same as what you felt before. the feeling that i get is that i am no longer hungry. the band is a tool but you have to do the rest. mentally you need to tell your brain that you are no longer hungry and therefore stop. in other occasions the way the band is going to let you know that you are full is by pbing or having that slimme come up. the fill is really going to help you control how much you eat, but not completely. i had two fills and i am at my sweet spot and what that means is that i can eat a cup of food sometimes more and not be hungry. there are days that i can barely eat, and yet others that i can, so it depends. the fills will make things tricky for you on a daily basis, this is when you really get to know your band better. Good Luck.

Hi i have been banded for 10 months now and that so called "full" feeling is not the same as what you felt before. the feeling that i get is that i am no longer hungry. the band is a tool but you have to do the rest. mentally you need to tell your brain that you are no longer hungry and therefore stop. in other occasions the way the band is going to let you know that you are full is by pbing or having that slimme come up. the fill is really going to help you control how much you eat, but not completely. i had two fills and i am at my sweet spot and what that means is that i can eat a cup of food sometimes more and not be hungry. there are days that i can barely eat, and yet others that i can, so it depends. the fills will make things tricky for you on a daily basis, this is when you really get to know your band better. Good Luck.

Thank you so much for posting. I am so inspired by your weight loss journey!

I can not wait to hit the sweet spot. I guess I'm kind of mouring the "old ways", but I am not morning the 17 pounds that I've lost so far! One step at a time!

1) hungry

Thanks! ;)

I THINK THAT PEOPLE GET THE WORD "FULL" CONFUSED WITH "STUFFED". SO MANY TIMES IN THE PAST, I REALLY DIDN'T KNOW THE WORD FULL, I HAD ALWAYS OVER ATE PAST THAT.

I totally agree with lock27 and Pammie. I don't have that 'full' feeling now because I do the portion control guideline and tell myself that is all I can have. I don't 'suffer' and I am not depriving myself of any more food. You have to focus on the now and not 'what it use to be'. You will never be the way you use to be and how you ate. This is the lifestyle we have chosen to live for the rest of our lives now. So, by being disciplined and motivating ourselves, we can overcome wanting the 'full' feeling. Like lock27 says, the band prevents me to get close to being full and that is GREAT! Besides my 3 meals a day, I either drink my water/other drinks and sometimes I have a snack. So by the time I eat my meal, I am not that hungry. I just make sure I eat my proteins first (which helps you get full first and builds energy) and then go for the veggie/fruit and most times, I can't get to my grains/carbs. So, this is a good thing for me.

Thanks Jazzy,

I have been reading your posts since before surgery and part of what's been working for me is the PROTEIN (thanks for that tip!). I do the 42 gram protein shots and they keep the hunger at bay. I'm taking everyone's advice and letting go of the "stuffed" feeling. It's been a lifetime of eating that way but I"m ready to let go!! I'm excited about my fill this week. I'm going locally because flying really bothers my band (weird, huh). Can't wait for the next part of this journey to begin.!

:P