JazzyJude's NSVs

It's amazing to say the least at what you had taken for granted for so long being overweight and then realize it is no more. Here are a few NSVs I have to share with you.

~ This morning, as I was getting into the shower, I stopped in the hallway and looked at myself naked in front of our huge full length mirror. I can see less of my tummy (and it's not that saggy anymore!) and I have NO MORE 'rows' of fat on my thighs anymore! I know, kind of gross but it's a huge thing for me. The walking and exercise videos is what's helping me!!

~ While showering, I can actually step the opposite side of the shower head and not get wet! Weird observations, but it's cool! I can shave my legs and bikini area without huffing and puffing or taking a breather. I now can wrap my BATH towel (not the beach towel) around me. I can get out of the tub without the aid of holding on to something first! When drying myself off, I can lift my foot on the toilet seat and can bend down to my foot to dry off without the excess of tummy fat in the way and not struggle and hurry before I can get in my next breath!

~ I no longer have that 'rubbing' of material between my legs ~ YEAH! I've been alterating my own clothes because I just can't see continuing to buy new clothes while losing...so I truthfully don't know what my pants size are right now until I go clothes shopping. I was wearing 24/26 pants and now wearing 18's. I also noticed the 'tight 18' jeans I was wearing are looser! Yes!!

~ I lost the excess fat on the sides of my breasts and is now officially flat and smoothe, not bulged out anymore! My bras fit much, much better and don't have a rash underneath. I am on the last, tightest hooks ~ after freshly washed, instead first to use the loosest. And because of this new change, I've extra 'material room' in my blouses to comfy wear without using a safety pin to help keep my buttons close properly! (The girls were constantly wanting to peek out! LOL)

These are only a few small things at the moment...but to me, right now, it's a huge difference in my confidence! I really put it down to watching my portion control of foods and the variety of exercising videos I've been doing. Also, I've lost another 6 pounds ~ how cool is that?

Thanks for listening!

:lb21: :lb24: :lb21: :lb10: :lb16:

Way to Go Judy! It's wonderful how these daily occurances seem so simple, yet so sweet! :good2: The day I realized that I could wrap a "normal" bath towel completely around my body, I nudged my husband and said "look at this honey" and he's was like "what?" And I answered, "it goes all the way around and ties in the front without anything showing!" And his answer was something like, "well that's good hun, but didn't always?" :man_in_love: HAHAHAHAHA, :rofl: my dear husband always knows the right answer.

I'm always glad to hear of fun "filled" successes!!!! :party: You are doing GREAT! :ok:

It's amazing to say the least at what you had taken for granted for so long being overweight and then realize it is no more. Here are a few NSVs I have to share with you.

~ This morning, as I was getting into the shower, I stopped in the hallway and looked at myself naked in front of our huge full length mirror. I can see less of my tummy (and it's not that saggy anymore!) and I have NO MORE 'rows' of fat on my thighs anymore! I know, kind of gross but it's a huge thing for me. The walking and exercise videos is what's helping me!!

~ While showering, I can actually step the opposite side of the shower head and not get wet! Weird observations, but it's cool! I can shave my legs and bikini area without huffing and puffing or taking a breather. I now can wrap my BATH towel (not the beach towel) around me. I can get out of the tub without the aid of holding on to something first! When drying myself off, I can lift my foot on the toilet seat and can bend down to my foot to dry off without the excess of tummy fat in the way and not struggle and hurry before I can get in my next breath!

~ I no longer have that 'rubbing' of material between my legs ~ YEAH! I've been alterating my own clothes because I just can't see continuing to buy new clothes while losing...so I truthfully don't know what my pants size are right now until I go clothes shopping. U was wearing 24/26 pants and now wearing 18's. I also noticed the 'tight 18' jeans I was wearing are looser! Yes!!

~ I lost the excess fat on the sides of my breasts and is now officially flat and smoothe, not bulged out anymore! My bras fit much, much better and don't have a rash underneath. I am on the last, tightest hooks ~ after freshly washed, instead first to use the loosest. And because of this new change, I've extra 'material room' in my blouses to comfy wear without using a safety pin to help keep my buttons close properly! (The girls were constantly wanting to peek out! LOL)

These are only a few small things at the moment...but to me, right now, it's a huge difference in my confidence! I really put it down to watching my portion control of foods and the variety of exercising videos I've been doing. Also, I've lost another 6 pounds ~ how cool is that?

Thanks for listening!

________________________________________________________________________________

Judy,

You are the QUEEN of the lap band forum!! You are so full of information, advice and uplifting posts. Those are HUGE accomplishments!!

I am inspired by your motivational spirit !! =D>

There is an old post that was a lot of fun regarding this same thing.

Everyone got on and bravely told about the new experiences they had with less fat on their body. It was like a poll and it was fun. Fun because there were things that could never be uttered in polite society unless the person you were speaking to, had the exact same situation. So it was relieving, in a way to realize that you weren't the only one that was happy to finally be able to reach your behind to wipe properly, LOL!!! (for example) or to shower with more ease. Or to be able to tie your own shoes. Wish I could find that again, it was great!

There is an old post that was a lot of fun regarding this same thing.

Everyone got on and bravely told about the new experiences they had with less fat on their body. It was like a poll and it was fun. Fun because there were things that could never be uttered in polite society unless the person you were speaking to, had the exact same situation. So it was relieving, in a way to realize that you weren't the only one that was happy to finally be able to reach your behind to wipe properly, LOL!!! (for example) or to shower with more ease. Or to be able to tie your own shoes. Wish I could find that again, it was great!

Or my personal favorite, be able to look in front of a mirror and see my hoo-haw instead of a huge apron of fat!

:D Way to go Judy your Texas buddy is so proud of you! I too know all those feelings now. And to the gal that said she can finally see her HOO-HAW, I can't yet but hope to be able to someday. I am binging today and not sure why so I really needed to see all this!

Smiling from Texas at you girls!

Karen

You are my HERO girl!!!! Great job!!!!!! Here's to many more!!!!!

~ I no longer have that 'rubbing' of material between my legs ~ YEAH! I've been alterating my own clothes because I just can't see continuing to buy new clothes while losing...so I truthfully don't know what my pants size are right now until I go clothes shopping. U was wearing 24/26 pants and now wearing 18's. I also noticed the 'tight 18' jeans I was wearing are looser! Yes!!

Thanks for listening!

Jude, You are the best I just love to read your post. You give some wonderful advise and it works I try and read everything you post I got up today and I'm down 31 pounds I can't believe it 3 more days of soup and then on to real food that when I will really be careful, Thnaks for all the great post nad information

Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so fun to read something that we can all start relating to or have already experienced it. I am just at the beginning of experiencing some of the things you have written. You haven't written in awhile. Glad to see your post. Congrats on another 6 pouunds also. Anne

OMG ~ THANK YOU! It's just that I now know how the older bandsters feels when they noticed things and changes and shared and it's so cool!

...you newbies ~ keep up the faith and stay focus and you will get where I am at!

~ Julie, Ute and Pammie, you've given me a lot of suggestions and thanks for inspiring me so!

~ Fatith2009, sonogirl and FLGIRL~ you WON'T regret doing this new lifestyle change. You will be going on an amazing ride for your life!

~ Mona...hehehe, I just about died laughing about the HOO HAW...and one day soon, I will see it wink back at me! LOL

~ Karen, you WILL see your HOO HAW...LOL! Keep focusing forward and stay with the guideline. BELIEVE in the band!

~ Shelby, Kristy, Christy and Anne - you guys are right behind me...keep it going! Moderation is the key and be patience

~ Janet ~ WTG in losing 31 lbs so far! YAY! I am soooo glad you are a bandster! THIS is YOUR life sweetie! NO ONE can stop you!

I TOTALLY LOVE MY BAND! I so look forward to the other 'surprises' of what I use to have...I'll keep you all posted! Yee Haw!

((BIG BEAR HUGS!))

~ I no longer have that 'rubbing' of material between my legs ~ YEAH! I've been alterating my own clothes because I just can't see continuing to buy new clothes while losing...so I truthfully don't know what my pants size are right now until I go clothes shopping. I was wearing 24/26 pants and now wearing 18's. I also noticed the 'tight 18' jeans I was wearing are looser! Yes!!

Thanks for listening!

Jazzy,

You are such an Insperation to all of us here! I love the towel story. I catch myself checking out the towel everynight, to see how much further I have until it goes all the way around without skin showing...lol. I think you are great and thanks for sharing this with us! Keep up the GREAT work!

Carrie

Jazzy,

You are such an Insperation to all of us here! I love the towel story. I catch myself checking out the towel everynight, to see how much further I have until it goes all the way around without skin showing...lol. I think you are great and thanks for sharing this with us! Keep up the GREAT work!

Carrie

Thanks Amanda! Yes, the 'bath' towel was a big thing for me. It made me feel THIN, if you know what I mean. Now, I tuck the towel ends under and let my 'girls' hold it in place! LOL!! One day soon, I will be able to actually tie a knot and not worry about it being untangle...sigh! :rolleyes:

What wonderful NSV's...I love it..lol. I know exactly what you mean about the towel, I cannot wait for that day!

JazzyJude you are such an inspiration!! :)

Thanks Ckiki! Yeah, wait til you get there...it will make you feel like a $$million$$ bucks! HA! :lol: