Lap Band Veterans

I am looking for people who have had bands in for 3 years or longer--or at least a few years --simply because I have regained all my weight--the site seems swollen and is frequently sore-I can FEEL the device largely poking through my stomach area and HATE where I had my surger--they are just jerks and make yu sit and wait for hours for appts. I am looking for advice--can these stay in forever without damaging your innards? Anyone know anything--or have a good doc in Chicago area in the city?

I don't have my band yet, but if its uncomfortable I would at least have it looked at...From what I know the band is just a device to help us loose the weight, its not a guarantee. We still have to work at it, which I am sure you are more than aware of. If you were me, I would get the band checked, get a fill, recommitt to using the band as a aid to loose the weight. And get skinnyagain!

Kim ;)

I am looking for people who have had bands in for 3 years or longer--or at least a few years --simply because I have regained all my weight--the site seems swollen and is frequently sore-I can FEEL the device largely poking through my stomach area and HATE where I had my surger--they are just jerks and make yu sit and wait for hours for appts. I am looking for advice--can these stay in forever without damaging your innards? Anyone know anything--or have a good doc in Chicago area in the city?

I'VE BEEN BANDED 2 1/2 YEARS AND I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IF YOUR TALKING ABOUT YOUR PORT BEING SORE? DO YOU HAVE ANY RESTRICTION NOW? WHAT SIZE BAND DO YOU HAVE AND WHAT'S YOUR FILL LEVEL AT? WAS YOUR SURGERY DONE IN THE US?

I KNOW IT'S NOT REAL LOCAL FOR YOU BUT DRIVEABLE AND I'VE HEARD NOTHING BUT GREAT REVIEWS ABOUT DR TRACE CURRY IN OHIO. ONE DAY I'D LIKE TO MEET HIM.

Ive had my band less than a year, but I do have a great doc in the Chicago area. His name is Dr. Vitello, he does fluoro, and is aggressive with fills. He is located in Downer's Grove IL. (just outside of CHicago) I found him through this forum, so I don't think he would mind if I posted his email address, jvituic@comcast.net

Good Luck! :D