Newbie I don't know where to start

Hi all I'm Ashley I have been researching on getting a lap band for over a year now and I am Ready where the heck do I start?? I went to seminars and at that time my insurance said no way they will not cover the surgury well as of this year I have Aetna HMO and they will cover 100 % so I called and set up another seminar then what? is there certian steps I need to go through I know I cant just walk in a get the surgury done.

Hi all I'm Ashley I have been researching on getting a lap band for over a year now and I am Ready where the heck do I start?? I went to seminars and at that time my insurance said no way they will not cover the surgury well as of this year I have Aetna HMO and they will cover 100 % so I called and set up another seminar then what? is there certian steps I need to go through I know I cant just walk in a get the surgury done.

How great... and, how lucky you are to have it covered 100%. I would talk to you insurance company and see what their rules and regulations are in regards to coverage. For example, will they only support certain surgeons? Will the support a surgeon outside of the USofA? I am sure there are many good surgeons out there, but I would recomment Dr. Ortiz in Mexico 100%. Congratulations on your decision!

Kristy

Agreed, you are so very lucky to have your procedure covered! Look around and find a doctor you really trust and then go from there. Also, I encourage you to take a good chunk of time and just start reading pasts posts on here. I spent hours when I first decided and read through here - even got a notebook and took lots of notes. I read back months past and got lots of information.

Good luck!

Agreed, you are so very lucky to have your procedure covered! Look around and find a doctor you really trust and then go from there. Also, I encourage you to take a good chunk of time and just start reading pasts posts on here. I spent hours when I first decided and read through here - even got a notebook and took lots of notes. I read back months past and got lots of information.

Good luck!

Shelby,

Just wanted to say that I LOVE your new picture. You are looking great!

Kristy

Shelby,

Just wanted to say that I LOVE your new picture. You are looking great!

Kristy

Thanks mam! Those pants are starting to get loose already which is exciting since that pic was only a week ago. I'm going through that no weight loss but losing inches phase which i'm fine with!