Easy, but beneficial workouts

I've been amping up my exercise lately and my friend introduced me to a great workout that you can do in your own home. She saw it on an exercise video. It's squats, so they can be done in your own home and will really give your legs a workout.

Give yourself plenty of room. Do one squat, then take a step forward. Do two consecutive squats and take another step forward. Do three consecutive squats and so on until you get to ten. It's HARD, but it's a great workout. I did two sets of it last night and I can FEEL the burn in my quads and glutes, so I know it's working.

I've also been working my arms out using a 6.6lb TheraBand Soft Weight ball. I hold it behind my head and work out my triceps, do curls for my biceps, and raise it over my head for an all-over arm workout. I started doing 3 sets of 10 reps and I've progressed to 3 sets of 20 reps. I can feel such a difference in my arms! Remember, for women it is more beneficial to do more repetitions rather than to increase the weights in your workout.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Alana, I like reading about what other people are doing so I can try it myself.

Right now I have been using my cardioglide machine. It's great, it works the arms and legs. Once the weather warms up a bit I can get back outside. Right now we are in the teens so it is a little too cold to walk.

How you doing, ok?

mona-camille, what's the cardioglide?

Well, you sit on it, kind of like a bike. You push pedals with your legs/feet at the same time you are pulling back on bars with your hands/arms. I'll have to take a picture of it for you to see, but I love it. It's easy to use and you can set tension on it too. I can see quite a difference in my arms, legs and butt already.

Well, you sit on it, kind of like a bike. You push pedals with your legs/feet at the same time you are pulling back on bars with your hands/arms. I'll have to take a picture of it for you to see, but I love it. It's easy to use and you can set tension on it too. I can see quite a difference in my arms, legs and butt already.

it sounds like a cross between a rowing machine and an eliptical... my two faves! i'd love to see a pic.