My Experience So Far......

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to write some thoughts and tell everyone thanks for the support we have on this forum. I have had two fills and still have to watch and count everything I do. I have found that this is not a magic little band, only a tool. I have read alot of post from people getting frustrated, I have so many days I get very frustrated. I do have great restriction and still have to work very hard to get the scale to move :angry: . However I still am grateful I was in the position to be able to get this WONDERFUL tool.

I have posted pics, just waiting to get them approved. Would LOVE everyone to take a look at them. As I have said before, I can never remember being skinny, and it is becoming a reality day by day.

I started my pre-op diet and lost 17lbs before surgery and today almost 3 month post op I am 2lbs away from 40lbs gone!! I hated taking pictures, would always stand in the back for ANY picture that was being taken and for me to be able to post the pics of my self that I have posted, well I will say this is my FIRST NSV!!!! I have the courage to say, you know it was time for me to do something for MYSELF!! I still have a very long way to go, but I am really proud of the progress I have already made. My family has been so supporative. My husband has truley been my BEST FRIEND through out this. He has also started working out with me, taken vitamins and fiber EVERYDAY and drinking protein shakes with me. I will say not only is this changing my life but it is changing everyones around me. I am so thankful that I have found this forum, everyone is so supportive!

Good Luck to everyone!

Carrie

AWESOME Carrie! You are doing a fantastic job working with your band. It's amazing, isn't it? Just keep on following the band rules and you will be just fine. I can't wait to see your pictures and see your journey thus far! You SHOULD be proud of yourself, as it is YOU who did all this work and no one else. Being diligent and determine makes success for you!

((BEAR HUGS TO YOU BABE!))...Jazzy

156882g82qpu0ale.gif

I'm scared when you say it takes so much work on my part. If I could do this work consistently, I wouldn't need the band.

I'm glad it's all working out for you, tho! Great job!

Jennifer.. this is what exactly I feel

If I could do this work consistently, I wouldn't need the band. !!!!!!!!!

hope it will work out for me too

all I am scared of is food.. I make currys and spicy food

at home..... would love to know what I will have to do after the surgery

since I am all

vegetatrian..

anyways

Godo luck to all the sisters !!!

God bless you

hope things will go just fine !!

Jennifer.. this is what exactly I feel

If I could do this work consistently, I wouldn't need the band. !!!!!!!!!

hope it will work out for me too

all I am scared of is food.. I make currys and spicy food

at home..... would love to know what I will have to do after the surgery

since I am all

vegetatrian..

anyways

Godo luck to all the sisters !!!

God bless you

hope things will go just fine !!

Don't worry, you will still be able to eat curries and spicy vegetarian food. You might just need to add in a protein shake or protein bar in lieu of meat. But definitely talk to Dr. Miranda about where to get your protein sources. She will be able to provide you with guidance on what to do for your menu planning, taking into considering what types of foods you are eating now.

You definitely have the right mindset - this is a TOOL and is not a fix all. There is still a lot of work that needs to be done on our part, but it is a huge help and without it I would not be able to lose the weight and keep it off.

With that positive attitude, you WILL be successful! Great job!

And for those that are concerned, please know this is a process and is not going to happen overnight. It will take you a couple of fills before you get any restriction and you must use willpower. Even after you have restriction, it is up to you still to make the right food choices and make the most out of the little bit of food you can have. I've lost weight in the past, but to keep it off this band is the only thing that is going to help me. So it is worth every penny.

You definitely have the right mindset - this is a TOOL and is not a fix all. There is still a lot of work that needs to be done on our part, but it is a huge help and without it I would not be able to lose the weight and keep it off.

With that positive attitude, you WILL be successful! Great job!

And for those that are concerned, please know this is a process and is not going to happen overnight. It will take you a couple of fills before you get any restriction and you must use willpower. Even after you have restriction, it is up to you still to make the right food choices and make the most out of the little bit of food you can have. I've lost weight in the past, but to keep it off this band is the only thing that is going to help me. So it is worth every penny.

Shelby,

You are so right!. Even though I get frustrated, this is the best thing I have ever done. This tool has taught me so much about my past eating habits and the right food choices to make. I would have NEVER done this before. Yes it may take me 2 weeks to loose two-three pounds but I dont gain them back! This tool has given me pride in myself to WANT to do this and to MAKE the CHOICES to change my life. Like Shelby said, it is worth every penny. The frustation, it only makes me work that much harder!

Carrie